DangerousOne
    DangerousOne's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Who to Follow... Who to Fade

I wanted to start a thread that everyone could chime in and list who's advice they take into consideration when making their picks and who you just check their thread hoping you don't have the same picks. Before you list make sure you follow these rules...

NEVER FOLLOW THESE GUYS
    1. Guy with Favorite Team in Nickname - Sorry UCSB Slug Fan, Badger Backer, Gator Guy, or Golden Gopher Gambler. I have a hard time believing "this" guy can be an objective capper.
    2. Guy with any drug refrence in avatar or name - Really? Cannabis Capper? High Handicapper? I should be taking your advice on College Football? However I will listen when you list your favorite in-game munchies (I hope that thread is coming soon)
    3. ALL CAPS GUY - WHY ARE YOU YELLING ABOUT YOUR PICKS? WHEN YOU LEARN TO MASTER THE CAPS LOCK FUNCTION ON YOUR LAPTOP I WILL PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR THREAD. UNTIL THEN... I'm gonna need you to keep it down.
    4. Guarantee Guy - Guarantee guy (aka Lock of the lifetime guy) always makes my fade list. Why wouldn't you guarantee a result in a game that YOUR NOT PLAYING IN?
    5. Captain Cliche - This guy will attempt to fool you with terms like "This smells like a trap game" or "I see this as a let down game" then thrown in great forum words like sharps, squares, and chalk. No helpful stats or info supporting his arguement... just cool words.
    6. System Guy - Everytime I hear someone talk about their system I think about when Bart asked Homer about his system and he whispered to him "I dont tell your mother how much $$$ I lose".
    7. Hot Chick Avatar Guy - I like this guy... never wins but I really do like this guy.
    8. Guy who makes list making fun of 90% of the forum - He gets a pass.

If have have missed offending any particular group of people, I apologize. Feel free to make this list complete.
    But in all seriousness.
    Guy I Follow: I did really well last year following Harry N. Lloyd's Total Package. If you get a chance check out his thread. This year he hasn't been quite as hot as last, but he knows his totals. Also Raplhie's thread... he had a good year last year.
    Guy I Fade: The Rubberband pick guy. Sorry... Not trying to be a jerk. I've just never seen this guy hit.

GL To all. Hope you enjoyed and make some $$$ this week!!!
    Points Awarded:

tmgissy gave DangerousOne 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

cleonhr gave DangerousOne 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PickCityz gave DangerousOne 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

36mafia gave DangerousOne 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 12 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: southmadejd, stingyrivers, poochiecollins, sabres916, Youracnecream, NYSportsGuy210, CarpeDime, Raynor21, 36mafia, roymunson, Greyraptor, and bane

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is good shit man! pretty funny, yet pretty true

DennisT
    DennisT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4946

Bifffinancial is no dummy. Posts some very good plays! lol all

tmgissy
    I SAID ITS GREAT TO BE A FLORIDA GATOR!!
    tmgissy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 516

so what you are saying is I shouldnt take "THE PROFITS" advice because he has the handle "THE PROFIT" and he appears to be a Vols fan? Well damn it, I can't take my own advice cause Im clearly a Gator! How in the hell am I supposed to make money now???? hahahaha

Great post, wish I could add to it but you have already stated everything I would have said.

kurt_06518
    kurt_06518's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

possibly the best post i have ever read on here

DangerousOne

Absolutely that's what I'm saying . I'm a G8R too & we can't be caught fraternizing w/ Tennesee fans. But I think I met at least 3 of my "don't follow these guys" criteria too so..... Glad you like's it. Thx for the points.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

I take offense to #7

mangina11
    mangina11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Always Follow - Guy with a name who implies a male with a vagina. This guy clearly knows his shit and has never lost an NCAAFF bet in his 69 years of 69'in

zephyr
    zephyr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 581

This leaves no one to follow. (Which is probably the best advice of all.)

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Yup. Drug avators are a big no-no.

belvedere86
    belvedere86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 396

its true bout me. thats why I tail people

GoggsViggs
    shinpu tokubetsu kogeki tai
    GoggsViggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 253

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousOne View Post
    I wanted to start a thread that everyone could chime in and list who's advice they take into consideration when making their picks and who you just check their thread hoping you don't have the same picks. Before you list make sure you follow these rules...

NEVER FOLLOW THESE GUYS
    1. Guy with Favorite Team in Nickname - Sorry UCSB Slug Fan, Badger Backer, Gator Guy, or Golden Gopher Gambler. I have a hard time believing "this" guy can be an objective capper.
    2. Guy with any drug refrence in avatar or name - Really? Cannabis Capper? High Handicapper? I should be taking your advice on College Football? However I will listen when you list your favorite in-game munchies (I hope that thread is coming soon)
    3. ALL CAPS GUY - WHY ARE YOU YELLING ABOUT YOUR PICKS? WHEN YOU LEARN TO MASTER THE CAPS LOCK FUNCTION ON YOUR LAPTOP I WILL PAY ATTENTION TO YOUR THREAD. UNTIL THEN... I'm gonna need you to keep it down.
    4. Guarantee Guy - Guarantee guy (aka Lock of the lifetime guy) always makes my fade list. Why wouldn't you guarantee a result in a game that YOUR NOT PLAYING IN?
    5. Captain Cliche - This guy will attempt to fool you with terms like "This smells like a trap game" or "I see this as a let down game" then thrown in great forum words like sharps, squares, and chalk. No helpful stats or info supporting his arguement... just cool words.
    6. System Guy - Everytime I hear someone talk about their system I think about when Bart asked Homer about his system and he whispered to him "I dont tell your mother how much $$$ I lose".
    7. Hot Chick Avatar Guy - I like this guy... never wins but I really do like this guy.
    8. Guy who makes list making fun of 90% of the forum - He gets a pass.

If have have missed offending any particular group of people, I apologize. Feel free to make this list complete.
    But in all seriousness.
    Guy I Follow: I did really well last year following Harry N. Lloyd's Total Package. If you get a chance check out his thread. This year he hasn't been quite as hot as last, but he knows his totals. Also Raplhie's thread... he had a good year last year.
    Guy I Fade: The Rubberband pick guy. Sorry... Not trying to be a jerk. I've just never seen this guy hit.

GL To all. Hope you enjoyed and make some $$$ this week!!!
    great stuff bro.

tripleblack1705
    tripleblack1705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

Add the guys that can't spell or complete a damn sentence to save their life. Also anyone who uses "loose" instead of lose you can't trust.

tripleblack1705
    tripleblack1705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

Great list man, add the guys that can't spell or complete a damn sentence to save their life. Also anyone who uses "loose" instead of lose you can't trust.

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    I take offense to #7
    I second that...but that is some funny sh*t! The "guarantee guy" is always the best.

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Shouldn't #9 or the best rule of all never follow anyone with a name that starts with Z.

unless you want to fade them and make money... shrugs

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Quote Originally Posted by tripleblack1705 View Post
    Add the guys that can't spell or complete a damn sentence to save their life. Also anyone who uses "loose" instead of lose you can't trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleblack1705 View Post
    Great list man, add the guys that can't spell or complete a damn sentence to save their life. Also anyone who uses "loose" instead of lose you can't trust.
    Add the guys who double post.

aeshred
    aeshred's Avatar Become A Pro!

Perhaps if everybody posted their record, and to make sure its legit a spreadsheet. Thats what we all should do next season force all to post their spreadsheet if they are going to post weekly picks.

DangerousOne

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Great Point Dad
    9. Double post Guy

DangerousOne

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Great Point Dad
    9. Double post Guy

DangerousOne

Hey Thanks for everyone who read this post and it even got nominated. I'd be real excited except I really don't know what that is
    Please continue to list people you DO follow as I'd like to see what list of quality cappers we come up with.

DaddyWarBuck$
    DaddyWarBuck$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Anyone who says "I am betting my house on this game tonight guys"

DaddyWarBuck$

Great Point Dad 9. Double post Guy

Now Thats Funny....

DaddyWarBuck$

Great Point Dad 9. Double post Guy
    Now Thats Funny...

22dsnyd22
    22dsnyd22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 817

HAHA This is awesome. I just recently added a hot chick to my avatar and I have been losing A lot this year. You are a genious

DangerousOne

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyWarBuck$ View Post
    Anyone who says "I am betting my house on this game tonight guys"
    This "guy" actually qualifies under our number 10 who not to follow
    10. the "Wants to bet all of you" guy. This guy offers 1,000,000,000 imaginary points with a healthy reserve of Schrute Bucks and Stanley Nickles to anyone wanting to bet against him on the forum. Between 100's of sports books online, local bookies, weekend in vegas, or some friendly bets w/ his buddies he still has to BET THE HOUSE and bet it against ALL OF YOU!!! This guy is an angry gambler and when he does move out of his moms basement we'll all be sorry. But until then... stay angry my friend!!!

DangerousOne

Tally Update for cappers recommended:
    Harry Lloyd (+1)
    Bifffinancial (+1)
    Rubberband Play Guy (-1)
    Keep suggesting Cappers u Fade.... and cappers u follow.

sqvirrel
    sqvirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

One more:

25 Unit Play Guy - This guy is either trying to save a mediocre record with one big play or all of his plays are 10 unit!! 15 unit!! and the Big 25 unit play!!. Stay away from the first guy, fade the second.

DangerousOne

Quote Originally Posted by sqvirrel View Post
    One more: 25 Unit Play Guy - This guy is either trying to save a mediocre record with one big play or all of his plays are 10 unit!! 15 unit!! and the Big 25 unit play!!. Stay away from the first guy, fade the second.

Yes
    11. Mega unit Guy - At the end of the year he's down 330 units, of course that's only $3.30.

DangerousOne

Does anyone know if AJ Green is playing today? Also SportsLocksPicks has a quality thread, just wanted to add that to the list.

DangerousOne

Another thread I've been reading is Kojak's service play Tally's... check it out.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Guy who creates ghosts as a fan base and gets pissy when another poster disagrees with him.

DangerousOne

That's a little vague Blazer. Talking bout anybody in particular?

DJStroke
    DJStroke's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Yup. Drug avators are a big no-no.

hahah

VegasPlayer
    VegasPlayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

12. 96 New Threads A day Guy - You can tell he spends all his time capping.
    13. 14th In Game Thread Guy - Making sure everyone is not denied the opportunity to share their thoughts

1234 ... Last