Clear2Land
    Clear2Land's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Perspective from a Current A&M Student

I am a student at Texas A&M but I am not biased because I am a realist and in it to make money. Heres what information I can give.

1) A&M is very underrated and capable of coming out and playing most teams to their level, maybe not against very elite teams, but most, and OKST is NOT an elite team.

2) I think OKST will be able to exploit A&Ms run defense and will have success on the ground.

3) A&M QB Jerrod Johnson has an uncanny ability to make something out of nothing. Not only is he accurate as a passer, but he is very elusive and if nobody is open can pick up 10-20 yards as if it was scripted.

4) A&M is 0-9 on national television.

5) A&M is ranked 15th nationally in points allowed, granted it was against non conference opponents, but this defense is extremely improved.

These facts dont really lean to one side or the other but I'll say that I think these teams try to establish a run game and commit and fairly high amount of turnovers. A&M has had 11 days to prepare of their bye last week and I think theyve been doing just that. OKST may be looking past this A&M game.

My picks

U 67 (5 Units)
    Texas A&M +3 (3 Units)

Best of luck to all of you
    any feedback appreciated

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont think okst is looking past this! Its the conference opener

Clear2Land
    Clear2Land's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

excuse my wording, not looking past this but rather overlooking A&M...i just love the time A&M has had to prepare, the ability of Jerrod Johnson when everyone is talking about weeden, and the chip on A&Ms shoulder to perform on the national stage.

BOL on anything you play! Love thursday night football

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck to you. I am leaning Okie State. Good luck though to you and your Ags.

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Trust Me - Oklahoma State isnt "looking past" A&M. This is a national televised Thursday Night primetime game, of undefeated teams, winner has a huge leg up in the conference.

Oak St is the play

They win by 10.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

both teams have had the same amount of time to prepare for each other. TAMU defense has improved I guess but they haven't played anbody.

Sean81
    Sean81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Quote Originally Posted by og4667 View Post
    both teams have had the same amount of time to prepare for each other. TAMU defense has improved I guess but they haven't played anbody.
    Thanks for the info, Im on TAMU and the UNDER also. Oklahoma St. returns the fewest starters and lettermen in the Big12 this and the lack of depth and experience should come through tonight.

Sean81
    Sean81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Quote Originally Posted by Clear2Land View Post
    I am a student at Texas A&M but I am not biased because I am a realist and in it to make money. Heres what information I can give.

1) A&M is very underrated and capable of coming out and playing most teams to their level, maybe not against very elite teams, but most, and OKST is NOT an elite team.

2) I think OKST will be able to exploit A&Ms run defense and will have success on the ground.

3) A&M QB Jerrod Johnson has an uncanny ability to make something out of nothing. Not only is he accurate as a passer, but he is very elusive and if nobody is open can pick up 10-20 yards as if it was scripted.

5) A&M is ranked 15th nationally in points allowed, granted it was against non conference opponents, but this defense is extremely improved.

These facts dont really lean to one side or the other but I'll say that I think these teams try to establish a run game and commit and fairly high amount of turnovers. A&M has had 11 days to prepare of their bye last week and I think theyve been doing just that. OKST may be looking past this A&M game.

My picks

U 67 (5 Units)
    Texas A&M +3 (3 Units)

any feedback appreciated
    You mention that Ok St. should be able to exploit the TAMU run defense. While the OK state rush offense appears above average, the TAMU D is only allowing 2.2 yds/rush vs teams who avg 3.2.

I know its early and the competition has been subpar but do they not pass the eye test or something?

balls2wall
    balls2wall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6601

Quote Originally Posted by Clear2Land View Post

My picks

U 67 (5 Units)
    Texas A&M +3 (3 Units)

any feedback appreciated

thanks for the info Clear

I may try to look into that under with you, but I have been leaning towards OSU for the side play

It looks like the line movements agree with both your plays

good luck tonight