MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Boston College starting a true freshman at QB

ND fans/haters---this has to be interesting.

Chase Rettig is a true freshman QB.......who will be making his first appearance ever---this weekend starting against ND in a prime-time game at 8PM.

This is a very interesting choice for BC coach Frank Spaziani. Rettig was not a big-time recruit---he is from California---but he didn't have one scholarship offer from a single PAC-10 school.

This is a big change for ND's defense. They have played against 3 very very good QBs the last three weeks---in Denard Robinson, Cousins, and last week Andrew Luck.

Food for thought for those of you interested in this game.

CavMan
    CavMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1435

That is very interesting. The Irish are desperate for a win right now so a freshman QB will be exciting for them to see across the line.

Of course BC's offense cannot do any worse than they did last week when they scored 0 points against VT.

It certainly would be very hard for me to take BC in this spot. Will either be a play on ND or a no play.

Thanks for the info

Live4Saturday
    Live4Saturday's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to say this game is still a toss up and thus a no play.

Yes BC is starting a true freshman, but their offensive line is solid, and they have an amazing running back to turn to in Montel Harris, he is dangerous.

BC special teams are solid especially on kick off coverage.

BC Defense is damn good. They have not given up more than 20 points this season. They only gave up 17 to VT. (The O gave up a safety)

I'm not convinced that ND can put enough points up on BC to pull away. Even though BC will have a rookie at QB the lack of film ND will have on this kid, and the experience on the O line and at RB keeps BC's O in this.

Also I read somewhere that BC had not been shut out since like 1999. What are the odds they get shut out two weeks at home.

This game could honestly be a 10 - 7 victory for one of the two.

I would confidently take the under though.