hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

vanderbilt +7.5

Vandy +7.5 got to be the play here. Vandy is coming off a bye to get ready for this game. Conn probably be without their leader rusher. Vandy really needed the bye week to get healthy. Anyone else like this pick.

TheDynasty
    TheDynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a huge Connecticut fan and follow the team very closely. On paper this line looks great and am surprised CT is laying that many points. That being said this time is tough to predict and plays very well at home. Also, I haven't seen anywhere that Jordan Todman (The RB you mention who is very very good) is out again this week. Connecticut has also made a change at QB, starting Cody Endres and benching Zach Frazier, a move that all Connecticut fans have been begging to happen all season.

mcmc
    mcmc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15521

I like this pick. Vandy 's win over Ole Miss looks a little more staunch, after what the Rebels did to Fresno. Just wish they would refine their offense a little more.

GL to your play

kalamity85
    kalamity85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 371

uconn has been hard to read this year. i thought they would be better. hopefully the QB change will be for the better

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

I like vandy here I think

NB
    NB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty View Post
    I am a huge Connecticut fan and follow the team very closely. On paper this line looks great and am surprised CT is laying that many points. That being said this time is tough to predict and plays very well at home. Also, I haven't seen anywhere that Jordan Todman (The RB you mention who is very very good) is out again this week. Connecticut has also made a change at QB, starting Cody Endres and benching Zach Frazier, a move that all Connecticut fans have been begging to happen all season.
    even last season, i go to many UConn games, and leave very upset most of the time.

Mthorn
    Mthorn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

leaning towards vandy, but may change as the time comes closer.

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vandy plays hard just lacks any real talent

TheDynasty
    TheDynasty's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NB View Post
    even last season, i go to many UConn games, and leave very upset most of the time.
    Was anything worse than Rutgers on Halloween last year? Another thing to keep an eye on is if LB Scott Lutrus plays for CT this week. Kid was a freshman All American and a sure NFL linebacker. Been battling a nagging stinger injury but word is he may come back this week. UConn's D is very solid against the run, struggles agains the pass. From what i've read Vandy is a run first team. I wouldn't be surprised to see UConn win by 10+ here, but i'm very biased.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

A fight between the University of Connecticut football team's place kicker and a backup linebacker led to the arrests of both Tuesday on charges of breach of the peace.
    Kicker David Teggart, 21, and linebacker Jerome Williams, 20, were arrested just after midnight and were charged with misdemeanors following a fight in a parking lot at the Hilltop Apartments complex, where about 1,200 students live.
    UConn coach Randy Edsall said Teggart, of Northborough, Mass., and Williams, of Burlington Township, N.J., were fighting each other. He called the tussle "crazy stuff that kids will do" and said any discipline will be handled internally, although neither player had been suspended from the team.
    "I don't like what happened, but at least there was no one else involved," Edsall said. "It was just those two guys. No one got hurt. No one's got black eyes, none of that stuff. So it was like a cat fight."
    Edsall bemoaned the fact that police were involved. He said when he was a child and got into a disagreement with his brother, his father would send them to the basement to put boxing gloves on.
    "Nowadays, as we all know, whenever there's a spat, they don't just tell you to go home or anything like that, you get arrested," he said. "You get written up, you know, breach of peace."
    Teggart and Williams were released on $500 bonds and are due in court Oct. 12.
    UConn, which must approve media requests to interview players on its athletic teams, didn't make the players available for comment Tuesday.
    Defensive end Kendall Reyes, a team captain, said the UConn team has become very close since the stabbing death of teammate Jasper Howard during a fight on campus a year ago. He said, like in every family, there are occasional disagreements.
    "There's nothing wrong with conflict, it's part of the family," he said. "You've got to have intensity on a team. When we're not fighting, that's when you should be concerned."
    Teggart, who's listed as 6 feet tall and 207 pounds, has hit seven of his 11 field goal attempts this season and leads the Huskies with 35 points. Williams, who's 5-foot-11 and 233 pounds, has played in two games and has five tackles.
    UConn (2-2) faces Vanderbilt (1-2) on Saturday.
    Posted in College on Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:25 pm Updated: 5:01 pm. | Tags:

NB
    NB's Avatar Become A Pro!

74% UConn takes it! - Thank god Frazier is sitting

Thunder Gulch
    Thunder Gulch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Vandy has a SEC defense and a C-USA offense. With the changes on UConn's offense this week, it should stay in the teens.

john2153
    john2153's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8329

Huge Uconn fan here as well. The QB move is actually a positive change. Endres should have been starting since the 1st game of the season, but was suspended for 3 games for violating team rules in the summer. Todman should play here too so I expect a good day from the Uconn offense. 28-17 Huskies win.

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

I like the vandy play