Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

NCAAF Week Five Picks

College Football 2010-2011 Overall 11-7 +2.00 units (61.11%)
    College Football 2010-2011 2 Unit Plays 2-3 -2.60 units (40.00%)

Pretty good week last week...just lost Alabama and I probably should have never bet that game. The V.Tech - BC game was domination, I honestly see V. Tech being one of the top teams in the ACC after this James Madison lose. Miss St - GA, pretty much what I thought, that GA is on there way out. Auburn game, I'll admit I got possibly a little bit lucky but not because of how SC played but because of coaching decisions. Turnovers are part of the game, so if SC makes 4 turnovers which were all perfectly legit, how does that make Auburn lucky in that case? Just think Spurrier really blew it by bringing in Shaw...

Leans For Week Five

Texas +4
    Wisconsin -1.5
    Indiana +13
    V. Tech -3.5
    Ole Miss -2
    Wazzu +25.5
    Iowa -7.5
    Clemson +3

Just leans like I said, but any Tips or general advice would help out, thanks.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Wazzu is horrible especially on the road, and UCLA seem to have woken up the last couple of weeks. It wasn't just thier outburst this week, but the week prior as well. I got doubts about Wazzu +25.5

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

i really like iowa this week. sadly though because i'm a penn state fan

dodgerblue
    dodgerblue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1432

I like NC State +3.5 against VTech. Others looks reasonable - not my favs, but reasonable. Texas should be a solid play against an OU team that can't put anyone away.

Alexgurv

BGBooth - You might be right, but all I can think of , when I think UCLA, is how they played against Stanford
    stefan - not sure on that one yet, depends where the line goes
    Dodgerblue - Think Texas hangs around in that game for w/e reason

hokieskins1
    hokieskins1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Good call with the Clemson game. Miami showed against Ohio State that when you put them in a hostile road environment, some of their players (Jacory Harris) havent stepped up. He also showed this last year against Virginia Tech

A.M.S.
    A.M.S.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

liking the picks..... ( iowa, v tech, wisc, and ole miss )

bol this weekend.. we all need to get paid

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

The Texas and Wisc. games feel like coin flips to me. It's hard for me to cap games like that. Better games out there imho. BOL

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I like Iowa (-7.5) and Notre Dame (-2) at Boston College.

Check out the spread on the Boise St. game (-41.5)?!?

Alexgurv

Laying off Texas game though I think they have a chance to cover/ win because both teams are pretty equal

MSU +2 to win 1 unit

Tough game to bet if you consider it all. Big Ten teams have a great home field advantage so thats why I changed my mind on this one. Wisconsin has played 2 close games they should have easily won and I think that should be really considered when looking at this game. Wisconsin' sbiggest strength is there running game, and though MSU hasn't had a huge sampling, they did well to stop the run against ND. The home team has won this game in the last 5 seasons and Cousins is having a spectacular season as is Edwin Baker who has already surpassed his yardage from last year

V. Tech -3 (-125) to win 1 unit

Like I've been saying, I think we see V. tech domination in the ACC for the rest of the season, I bought down half a point just in case though . NC State's biggest strength is Wilson, but V. tech even though they've already lost 2 games have had somewhat good success against the pass. Even though Moore marched right down the field at the end of the Boise St. game, they really held him to just over 200 yards, which is pretty impressive against a Boise team IMO. They held Boston College to just 130 yards passing last week as well. Tyrod Taylor not playing like a superstar right now, but what I like is, he is doing what hes supposed to be doing, like going 16/21 last week against BC.

Alexgurv

Notre Dame -3 to win 1 unit

I think this game goes about the same as the Virginia Tech game went for BC last week. Stanford is a great team so I can't fault them for going down hard there. MSU won in a close game, and Notre Dame was on the road there. Don't think BC is very good. David Shinskie has 4 TD's but 4 INT's when theyve only really played one real team with V. Tech and 2 cupcakes otherwise. I think ND should easily win this one.

Iowa -6.5 to win 1 unit (-125) (bought down half a point)

I like that this jumped back to -7 rather then -7.5 that it was at. This is gonna be a close game no doubt, but I expect Iowa to pull this out. Stanzi's numbers look a lot better then what they looked like last year with just 1 INT so far. The thing that worries me is the offensive line, that looked terrible against Arizona. I think Iowa pulls this one out, possibly by a few scores because PSU is gonna really struggle to score, especially on this defense. I bought down half a point just in case though.

Alexgurv

Stanford +7.5 to win 1 unit (-130)

It's gonna be a shootout, and I bought up half a point to make it a 2 possession spread. Oregon's offense has been great, but Stanford's could be argued has been just as good. I think with Luck, Stanford is the better team, and they probably end up winning this one even though it will be tough on the road, and if they don't I see it staying a one possession game going back and forth.

Clemson +3 to win 1 unit

Honestly watching Miami against Pitt last week, even though crushed Pitt they didn't really impress me. It was more Pitt's inefficiencies rather then Miami's dominance. Clemson looked like they got unlucky against Auburn, and they are a team that usually plays well in the first half of the season and then slowly goes down the shoots in the 2H of it. Getting 3 at home, against a team and QB who I dont think are that good looks pretty good to me.

hokieskins1
    hokieskins1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

I dont see Boston College having any chance today vs. Notre Dame