WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Florida Gators' AWFUL in 1st Quarter

Florida has plenty of excuses for its first quarter funk. Inexperienced quarterback. Shuffled offensive line. Suspensions. Injuries. Fumbles. Botched snaps. Conservative play calling.

Each of them has been an issue for the Gators' offense, which ranks 11th in the Southeastern Conference and 92nd in the country this season. Together, they have Florida in a funk, especially early in games. Urban Meyer calls his team's first quarter performance "awful."

The Gators have failed to score in the opening 15 minutes against Miami (Ohio), South Florida and Tennessee. The numbers explain why Florida has managed a combined 58 yards, minus 26 yards rushing, seven first downs, three punts, two turnovers and two failed fourth down runs.

First quarter improvement will definitely be needed against Kentucky this Saturday.

cooway
    cooway's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida has looked BAD in the 1rst half overall. I'd just hate to be betting against them on the weekend where all their 4 and 5 star players finally gel together. There are better teams to fade out there IMO. I think Mizzu giving 20 to anyone is worth a look.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Cooway, this just may be the week they put it together. I have the Gators covering the 14 against a pretty good Kentucky team.

Florida 38 Kentucky 14