hoop guru
    hoop guru's Avatar Become A Pro!

CAL -2 1st half

Take CAL -2 1st half for 5 units first half. IF CAL does not cover 1st half, take CAL in the 2nd half for 15 units. Nevada has covered both games at home this season. In those games, Nevada also covered first half and 2nd half of those games. odds are very slim that Nevada covers the spread for the first half and the game. I would not even take Nevada on a teaser. CAL is goin to win this game by 3 plus td's. And its a short week for both teams. LEts not forget that CAL has a tendency to start the season strong.

hoop guru

I really like to take CAL in the 2nd half of this game. Nevada has covered the 2nd half spreads in both games so far. CAL covers the first half and the game spread as well. CAL is goin to blow Nevada. I am thinking CAL reserve players are goin to get chance to play again. THis game might be close for a quarter too much team speed for CAL. THEre is no reason why CAL would not be motivated. THeir coach, tedford, is a good motivator. CAL wins big, they move into top 25.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Love Cal Friday night. I think they'll win handidly.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Cal could be the stone cold lock of the week. Nevada's "high powered offense" got crushed by SMU and shutout by Notre Dame's atrocious defense last season.

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

[COLOR=#000000 !important]Cal destroyed "Colorado" last wk. On paper, the Bears are at least 10 points better than the Wolfpack. But the games arent played on paper, they are played on grass. In the past 4 years, the only non conference game the Bears have lost is the slip up at Maryland. Besides that theyve dominated. Conversely, Nevada has not beaten a superior team early in the schedule during that time frame. Bears SHOULD roll them, especially since Nevada lost Lippincott, a huge part of their 3 headed monster running game. But betting is about what will happen, not what should. I am a Bears fan, and I can honestly say this is not a spectacular squad, its typically average. This is a look ahead game for Cal, playing Zona next week, and this is like Nevada's superbowl and they will play their hearts out in front of their fans. There is a reason why the oddsmakers opened the line at only -1 for CAL, when talent wise they are far superior. I would be careful here. If they cant stop the triple option because the D doesnt show up.....upset city.[/COLOR]

hoop guru

I am not worried about the triple option. My question would be "can Nevada stop CAL's offense. SMU ran up the score on Nevada in the humanitarian bowl last year. Even though Nevada can play with Boise st, Nevada cannot hang with the big boys. I feel CAL is a better team than Boise St and are goin to put on asssss whooopin. CAL needs to win big to move into the top 25. Final score can have an impact on rankings later this season. CAL is not only to goin to win this game and win big.