WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Denard Robinson (Mich) or Marcus Lattimore (SC)

Which one of these players do you think is more valuable to their teams? Neither Michigan nor South Carolina would have won Saturday without them.

Sophomore QB Denard Robinson (2 games)
    Passing: 43 of 62 430 yards, 2 TDs, 0 int (26th nationally)
    Rushing: 55 for 455 yards, 7.98 per carry, 3 TDs, 227.5 average (1st nationally)

2009 Stats as freshman: Passing - 14 of 31 for 188 yards (45%)
    Rushing - 69 for 409 yards and 5 TDs

True Freshman Marcus Lattimore (2 games)
    Rushing: 51 for 236 yards, 4 TDs, 4.63 per carry, 118 average (19th nationally)

QB Robinson has been unbelievable for Michigan. Where was he last season Rich Rods?

RB Lattimore is the heart of Spurrier's offense. He has given them a running game they lack last year when they were last in the SEC.

Given a choice for your team....WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE?

sassagore
    sassagore's Avatar Become A Pro!

last season, denard robinson wasn't "polished" enough to be an every down quarterback. he had the running skills & abilities but his accuracy was flat out terrible. it was understood that when he was put into the game, the play would be a run & defenses took note of that. he worked his tail end off during the "offseason" & through the spring/summer, focusing on learning the offense better & tuning his accuracy & passing skills & is now seeing the benefits from working hard. go blue!

HailtoPitt
    HailtoPitt's Avatar Become A Pro!

marcus lattimore is better all around

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

Robinson won't be able to keep that up, sooner or later he will get banged up and defenses will focus on him and make him pass, and that will be ugly.

WorkHorse

Sassagore, you seem to have a handle on what's going on at Michigan so let me ask a question. What's going to happen to last year's starter Tate Forcier... seems he's 3rd team right now? Transfer maybe?

Pitt, Lattimore plays like a veteran.

FrattyCapper22
    FrattyCapper22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lattimore has more skill, but Robinson, without a doubt, has more value to his team. If he went down, Michigan would be terrible.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Robinson easily. He accounted for 502 of Michigan's 532 yards last week. Lattimore is solid, but the Gamecocks have a few other capable backs. Michigan is toast if Robinson goes down, especially considering Tate Forcier is their backup.

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

Both are awesome, but Lattimore is an absolute horse. Makes Garcia's job much easier.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Robinson is faster, but Lattimore is tougher. But Robinson is more unique because he's got blazing speed and can throw the football. Lattimore might start getting overshadowed by Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram as the season progresses, especially if South Carolina can't get past Florida and into the SEC Title Game.

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Robinson is more valuable to his team by far.

sassagore
    sassagore's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Sassagore, you seem to have a handle on what's going on at Michigan so let me ask a question. What's going to happen to last year's starter Tate Forcier... seems he's 3rd team right now? Transfer maybe? Pitt, Lattimore plays like a veteran.
    during week 1, tate was shown on cameras as being "distant" from his team, having a towel draped over his head & sulking; granted the media LOVES to stir the pot at any sign of trouble with any team, michigan/richrod especially, but tate went into the offseason & spring ball thinking the starting job was his. tate simply didn't work hard enough & ended up being beaten out by shoelace robinson & true freshman devin gardner.

after the uconn game, tate was quoted as saying something like "i'm gone, that's for sure" but then his dad came out a few days after saying tate wasn't going anywhere so i guess we'll see how that plays out & if he transfers. unless injuries or a big big lead comes into play, tate has seen his last snaps as a wolverine. denard will beat tate out over the next few years & freshman devin gardner is already the backup ahead of tate as has been shown when he comes into the game when denard's come out every now & then.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Exactly.

Forcier is buried on the depth chart - and may never see the light of day (at least in a winged helmet) again.

Hammew
    Hammew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 300

I would take Lattimore because I believe Robinson is a product of RichRods system and he will struggle against highly athletic defenses. He has been great so far

WorkHorse

Lattimore is a top 3 running back in the SEC. Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson would be the other two. (my opinion)
    He's damn good for a true freshman....hard to tackle and gives great second effort.

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

As a USC fan, I would take Lattimore all day. Watching him run all over Georgia in person made my week. Not many players get the student section chanting their name.

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!

Denard all day long. He's the most dynamic player in the NCAA.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

They're both valuable, but Lattimore has made South Carolina a legitimate SEC darkhorse.