No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Arizona (+1) over Iowa

Like the Hawks, think they're legit, but I see this as an ambush game.

Coming off an emotional win over rival Iowa State, playing at 9:30 p.m. their time, facing a coach who used to play for Iowa, Wildcats gave them a decent game last year and run the kind of dink and dunk offense that gives the Hawks fits -- I just think this is a huge game for Arizona and they get the job done in this spot.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Iowa is a pretty physical team. Can Arizona defend the run? How about cover the TE's? If they can do both well then they have a shot.

Joe_Shabadoo
    Joe_Shabadoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

This game is largely, in how the line opened and what was to be expected match-up wise, reminding me of 'Zona's bowl game last season against Nebraska.

I think Iowa may make Nick Foles look foolish.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Iowa is a pretty physical team. Can Arizona defend the run? How about cover the TE's? If they can do both well then they have a shot.
    After watching last year's Arizona-Iowa game, I'm confident in this play. I just think the raw emotion will be the X-factor. I think Foles will small-ball Iowa to death, which is typically the only kind of offense they struggle with (that's why they lose to NW all the time).

Iowa's LB's are still untested. This will be the first road start for two of them. Their DL is probably the best in the country, but Iowa's rigid in their defensive gameplan and I just think the middle of that D is untested enough that they'll have problems here.

I know it's hard to compare and I don't expect a similar result by any means, but Iowa's last trip to the desert as a highly-ranked team didn't go well (2004, 44-7 L at Arizona State).

Here's a good breakdown:

http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2...-iowa-football

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Shabadoo View Post
    This game is largely, in how the line opened and what was to be expected match-up wise, reminding me of 'Zona's bowl game last season against Nebraska.

I would put about as much stock in that comparison as I do in saying because Iowa got bombed at Arizona State in '04 that they're going to get bombed here.

On a neutral field, I may be inclined to agree. I think being at home and being Iowa's first road game of the year will be an issue, as well as the time of the game. Arizona's going to be amped up for this one.

Foles didn't look foolish against Arizona last year when Iowa had Angerer and Edds roaming the middle (he didn't start, but threw a TD off the bench), and won't this time around. Grigsby's a good back, too.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I also think the opening line says a lot. I was anticipating Arizona to be +3 or 4. At +1, you're telling me they'd only be +4 or 5 in a neutral site game against this Iowa team? No way.

Joe_Shabadoo
    Joe_Shabadoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I also think the opening line says a lot. I was anticipating Arizona to be +3 or 4. At +1, you're telling me they'd only be +4 or 5 in a neutral site game against this Iowa team? No way.
    The opening line here is what the Bowl comparison was akin to. A good number of bettors saw 'Zona at +1.5, and its subsequent creep to a PK, and loaded up on what they gathered was a solid angle.

Now, concerning the rationale with regard to actual on-field analysis, I must say that the integration of a new linebacking corps. is certainly a concern, though the new starters have an outstanding amount of collective physical talent. Norm Parker definitely lends much credibility in having his unit up to snuff quickly, and taking care of business as usual.

This will be a standard play; there's too much value here on Iowa's side in my opinion.

Good luck.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

The opening line here is what the Bowl comparison was akin to. A good number of bettors saw 'Zona at +1.5, and its subsequent creep to a PK, and loaded up on what they gathered was a solid angle.

Now, concerning the rationale with regard to actual on-field analysis, I must say that the integration of a new linebacking corps. is certainly a concern, though the new starters have an outstanding amount of collective physical talent. Norm Parker definitely lends much credibility in having his unit up to snuff quickly, and taking care of business as usual.

This will be a standard play; there's too much value here on Iowa's side in my opinion.

Good luck.
    I'm going to wait and see what the lines do. My guess is the public will pound Iowa, given what they just did to ISU and the fact that Zona's flying under the radar for now.

I'm also interested to see Norm Parker's status by gametime. Will he even be at the game? How involved will he be at practice this week? He was in the hospital over the weekend. Sounded precautionary, but you never know.

Again, I like this Iowa team. I think they go 9-3, if not 10-2. I just think this will be one of their losses.

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

6 for 11 and 55 yards last year here in Iowa City

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Iowa's LB's are still untested. This will be the first road start for two of them. Their DL is probably the best in the country, but Iowa's rigid in their defensive gameplan and I just think the middle of that D is untested enough that they'll have problems here. I know it's hard to compare and I don't expect a similar result by any means, but Iowa's last trip to the desert as a highly-ranked team didn't go well (2004, 44-7 L at Arizona State). Here's a good breakdown: http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2...-iowa-football
    Arizona is incredibly tested from the likes of Toledo and Citadel right ?

Hat McCulloch
    rippin and shreddin
    Hat McCulloch's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think people are getting too high on Arizona. I think they are a solid team but I think Stanzi and crew will win this one by 7-10 points

PAPSMEAR
    PAPSMEAR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Coin toss. Recommend to stay away. Better wagers on the card

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

I can't get any feeling for this game.

Not sold on Arizona just yet.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Coming off an emotional win.
    They gave Iowa St. their yearly ass whipping. Nothing emotional about it.

That was not a Rivalry game either, more like Iowa reminding Iowas St. that they are inferior.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Look at the RLM.

Arizona. Big.

phillybadboy
    phillybadboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3864

iowa 1x

uanl
    uanl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 160

locked in my bet at a PK...lets go Arizona!!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

uanl

this is the book i play at... i was able to get it at PK right before it moved to -1 Arizona....get ready for the upset saturday night!

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

what upset on Saturday night?

delve_deeper
    delve_deeper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15

"I see this as an ambush game."

I'm leaning AZ, but it's not a good investment imo.

uanl

Quote Originally Posted by hitman2010 View Post
    what upset on Saturday night?
    we are in the Arizona over Iowa thread ....

DblDeuce
    DblDeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck with the play.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I liked Arizona a week ago.

Arizona does not run your typical Big 10 offense that Iowa is accustomed to shutting down. Arizona will be ready to play. I really like Arizona at home in this spot. I feel like Iowa is a bit overrated after winning a lot of close games in the Big 10 last year.

Think about this. Iowa beat Northern Iowa 17-16 last year in a game they should have lost had Northern Iowa been able to make one of two FG attempts at the end of the game.

Iowa also beat Arkansas State 24-21 at home last season.

Iowa had a lot of close calls last year and could have easily lost more games. I feel like Iowa is a good team but definitely overrated heading into this season. It's a new season but a lot of this Iowa hype is coming from their record of last season.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Thank you...it made my decision easier...I will be taking Iowa.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Thank you...it made my decision easier...I will be taking Iowa.
    Why? Because I'm on Arizona?

You like the fact that you'll be on a team/play the public is in love with, yet the line's moving in the other direction?

Good luck with that strategy long-term.

uanl

Why? Because I'm on Arizona?

You like the fact that you'll be on a team/play the public is in love with, yet the line's moving in the other direction?

Good luck with that strategy long-term.
    NoC ..some people never learn, but what can you do?

qhdlhdjtn
    qhdlhdjtn's Avatar Become A Pro!

take Arizona = free money

AdamRB22
    AdamRB22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arizona is the correct play ...Iowa does not beat them on the road

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

It isn't quite that simple now is it? You can find several games every week where the money move away from the public and everybody screams TRAP but it means very little typically.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    It isn't quite that simple now is it? You can find several games every week where the money move away from the public and everybody screams TRAP but it means very little typically.
    If by "simple" you mean 100%, then no, it's not that simple.

But I will say this: if you fade RLM, long term, you will lose. Period.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Why? Because I'm on Arizona? You like the fact that you'll be on a team/play the public is in love with, yet the line's moving in the other direction? Good luck with that strategy long-term.
    No, my strategy is to fade your plays...that has proven to make profit long term .

On a serious note, stop looking into what public and books are doing...the results even out long term....even for RLM games. Handicap the game....not the line movement .
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: teaserpleaser

m12miyashiro06
    m12miyashiro06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play the hawks

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

I love IA in the game. I was at the game in IC last year when Arizona came to town and IA shut them down. IA HAS seen this offense, less than a year ago, and shut it down. Stanzi threw two pick six's last I believe, 1 I know for a fact. Thats how arizona got the ball and field position.

Believe me when I say that the IA defense is for real and AZ will not do shit against it. Beware if you fade the hawks. BEWARE

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Huge game for Stoops and this program....

12 Last