Kobe
    Kobe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1961

Oregon (-12) is my sure thing of the week. Duck. Duck. Goose.

I am a Pac-10 expert. A savant if you will. Anything else I say you can take with a grain of salt. But if there is one thing I know, it is the Pac-10. The Ducks, imo, are the best team in the nation. Tennessee? LOL. I can't even name one player on their team so they can't be any good. I'm putting all my eggs into this basket (do ducks lay eggs?), and so should you.

dodo97
    dodo97's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 333

Really like Oregon here. Think this is a statement game for the Ducks.

thunderingherd23
    thunderingherd23's Avatar Become A Pro!

they did win 72-0 in their last game..........that really was a statement right there

shoebox
    shoebox's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by thunderingherd23 View Post
    they did win 72-0 in their last game..........that really was a statement right there

Inflated line due to the slaughter of one of the worst power ranking teams in the nation. That win means nothing, Texas Tech will do the same thing.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Oregon wont cover.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4425

I agree , Oregon will win by at least 2 tds

atwolfe
    atwolfe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 33

Tennessee has an excellent record the last 15 years when they are a double digit under dog. They have covered every time, and have won over half of them out right. The Ducks are certainly the better team, there is no doubt, but I'd be careful with this play. They are traveling all the way across the country into a hostile environment, with a sophomore QB starting his first game on the road in front of 105,000 screaming fans. You may know the Pac-10, but I can tell you that in the South, college football is a way of life. And the Ducks have never seen anything like Neyland Stadium. Just ask the 2006 Cal Bears. They had to go to Tennessee and play, they were a top 5 team and were favored by 10-14 points. It was 28-0 Tennessee at the half.

Oregon may very well route Tennessee, I'm not saying they won't. I'm only sharing some insight before you risk your life savings on this game.

there is rain in the forecast tomorrow night in Knoxville too, you never know what's going to happen those kind of conditions.

I am staying away from this game altogether, but it looks like the best bet might be the under. My prediction: Ducks 27, Vols 20

Kobe

How does what happened 5, 10, 15 years ago have any sort of relevance with tomorrows game? What a useless stat.

BGboothA
    BGboothA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

Being a pac-10 guy myself I like Oregon here as well.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by atwolfe View Post
    Tennessee has an excellent record the last 15 years when they are a double digit under dog. They have covered every time, and have won over half of them out right. The Ducks are certainly the better team, there is no doubt, but I'd be careful with this play. They are traveling all the way across the country into a hostile environment, with a sophomore QB starting his first game on the road in front of 105,000 screaming fans. You may know the Pac-10, but I can tell you that in the South, college football is a way of life. And the Ducks have never seen anything like Neyland Stadium. Just ask the 2006 Cal Bears. They had to go to Tennessee and play, they were a top 5 team and were favored by 10-14 points. It was 28-0 Tennessee at the half.

Oregon may very well route Tennessee, I'm not saying they won't. I'm only sharing some insight before you risk your life savings on this game.

there is rain in the forecast tomorrow night in Knoxville too, you never know what's going to happen those kind of conditions.

I am staying away from this game altogether, but it looks like the best bet might be the under. My prediction: Ducks 27, Vols 20
    This guy hit it on the head.

Play the Ducks with caution. That is too many points to be giving on the road in the SEC. I don't care if my Mom was Tennessee's quarterback. This is an SA (Stay Away) game for me. I actually have Tennessee +22 in a couple of teasers though.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Staying away from this game.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I played in Neyland stadium and it's one of the worst if not worst environments to play in. UT is in all sorts of trouble (the law, the ncaa, the AD, the coaches, players, etc..). Everything that could go wrong for that program has. Everything points to them imploding but it could also be a "us against the world" mentality. They have nothing to lose and make no mistake... They have just as much talent (if not more) than Oregon. If Kiffen was still coaching, I would take UT and the points w/o a doubt but I have no clue what Dooley will draw up. Don't let Oregon's 70+ points sway you either way.

This is the perfect game to sit back and watch and take a 2nd half bet or live bet it. My heart say's Oregon in a blowout but my head tells me UT will out physical them and win (or make it close) down the stretch.

Joe_Shabadoo
    Joe_Shabadoo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

So, your "sure thing" consists of a team that you largely know nothing about on the other side, as you've never heard of anyone on Tennessee?

So, they must surely be horrible, right?

Quack stomp: That mantra may be a good one here, but it may be a bit presumptuous.

Spectaculous.

andysinvestment
    andysinvestment's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here's the way I look at it. The ducks offense was incredible last year. And this year they return 17 starters (almost their entire offense is back). That's why they were able to put up so many points on New Mexico St. And let's not forget, the ducks were leading 59-0 at half time! So the only thing "bloated" about that score was the fact it could've been 100-0 at the end of the game if they had continued to play their starters.

The Ducks have a spread offense where the goal is to just create seems and play a 1 on 1 style of offense. The quarterback doesn't really matter in their offense as long as he is capable of running with the ball. He either fakes some handoffs and runs the ball himself, or actually does hand off the ball. Every once in a while he'll throw it. Masolli was mediocre at best, but the offense made him look good. Same will happen with this new sophomore quarterback.

Tennessee on the other hand only returns 4 starters on offense. New quarterback and no starters return on the offensive line. Also a new coach this year and with him comes a new system. There is no way they will be able to put up enough points to keep up with the Ducks' offensive juggernaut.

Tennessee plays in a tough conference and is therefore always going to be tough. But this year, on paper, they look like they are really going to suck. I do not mean that in a harsh way. I am just being straight up truthful. New coach, new quarterback, very few returning starters.

And then somebody mentioned rain? Huh? Snow might be a factor. Extreme heat or elevation could be a factor. But this is football!! When has rain ever been a factor for a team from the Pacific Northwest? Also, the Ducks play on national television quite frequently and whether the stadium holds 40,000 people or 100,000 people I don't see how that makes any difference. They're playing in front of a lot of people no matter what.

Anyways, on paper this looks like a statement game for the Ducks and I see them putting up a lot of points on Tennessee. This is college football, and anything can happen. But I think Kobe is right. Ducks will dominate and probably beat a 12 point spread.

Kobe

Good luck to all those who are with me.

WoopTdo
    WoopTdo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7414

Well looks like lightening is a factor. Good start for the Volunteers should be interesting, once they start again

Kobe

Time to take out the victory cigars. I'll be here all night guys. Congrats to anybody who followed my advice.

Dan
    Dan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    Time to take out the victory cigars. I'll be here all night guys. Congrats to anybody who followed my advice.
    Don't get cocky. Trying to jinx?

Kobe

The lead will only get bigger pal. Nothing to worry about.

andysinvestment
    andysinvestment's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ducks win big. Easy money. I can't believe anyone argued against this.

Kobe

Yeah, this was a really easy pick. If Oregon actually tried in the first half, they probably win 70-0.

JDUB07
    Houston Cougars!!!
    JDUB07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Very good pick. Oregon looks awesome. Probably better off without that punk Jeremiah Masoli. He looks miserable with Ole Miss.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

The lightning was a momentum changer........ thank goodness! QUACK!

girllilly
    girllilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

good pick!

Intuitive_Edge
    Bi-Winning +EV
    Intuitive_Edge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 291

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post
    Yeah, this was a really easy pick. If Oregon actually tried in the first half, they probably win 70-0.