EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

just a thought

I was considering throwing GT on a 10 pt tease with ECU and CAL but theres something fishy.. GT is on the top 3 bets for almost every site. ISnt this a bad thing???? lol.

ACCBlitz
    ACCBlitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

This whole 'don't follow the public' crap is exactly that. Crap. Analyze a game. Bet whatever spread YOU feel comfortable with. If you're a *decent* capper, not even great, you'll come out on top. The only time I even glance at the public is actual legitimate line movement. Other wise, don't even look.

I locked in GT at -13.5 by the way. There are a few GREAT ACC plays on the board this weekend.....

EBDOGGN
    EBDOGGN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 130

I think the line moved 7 points on this game...

ACCBlitz
    ACCBlitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Before week 1's games, it was at -7. I think Vegas was basically saying 'we don't know how the he!! GT is going to be offensively'. They saw real quick the machine was fine. Then the Kansas loss probably inflated it to -14. So in all actuality, had the Jayhawks won, we'd probably be looking at a GT line of anywhere from -7 to -10 I think.

Even at -13.5, I feel extremely confident about GT covering though.

SR
    SR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

It is, but its not that big of a deal. Its one element to look at. I have seen the public win plenty of times, books arnt in the business of betting, they even it out one way or another, not on every game.

Back when new england was tearing it up they couldnt set the spread high enough to shake the public and they still covered like 8 of 10.