terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

SMU +13.5 at Texas Tech

Seems like too many points to me. June Jones offense seem to be able to move the ball on anyone. TT new defensive scheme, not sold on coaching change. Dont think offense runs as smoothly. I think SMU has good chance to win this game.

Any thoughts???

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck

Addicted2Action
    Addicted2Action's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree, would like to know if tubbervile has the players to play his style or not as i got no clue but i always like me a Jones team catching a couple tds, think it is at 14 at bodog.....

terpkeg
    terpkeg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2434

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Action View Post
    i agree, would like to know if tubbervile has the players to play his style or not as i got no clue but i always like me a Jones team catching a couple tds, think it is at 14 at bodog.....
    Yea, bodog got +14 -115. Too bad I drained my bodog account with a couple larger than average MMA plays and most of my roll is tied up in roll overs, so not going to reload right now. I hate leaving that .5 out there when it is available cheap though. Got the reduced juice at 5d, but they're only giving +13.
    Last edited by terpkeg; 09-05-10 at 12:05 AM.

Addicted2Action

honestly dont think it will be a issue but ill take what they give me....

soFLA
    soFLA's Avatar Become A Pro!

anybody think the 60 point over is way high. thinking under is the play. new coach for tech and smu might not be that bad.

zacharyj53
    zacharyj53's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

I think ole Tubby wants to make a statement in this game. Problem it is that Jones is a great coach. I honestly don't know which way to go with this game.

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

still like the over

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7870

Texas Tech knows SMU has much to prove

08:46 PM CDT on Saturday, September 4, 2010

By KATE HAIROPOULOS / The Dallas Morning News
    khairopoulos@dallasnews.com

LUBBOCK, Texas – When SMU left tackle Kelvin Beachum last played Texas Tech in Lubbock, he was a freshman from small-town Mexia, Texas, stepping into rowdy AT&T Jones Stadium for a 43-7 whipping in coach June Jones' first season on the Hilltop.
    It was an experience, all right, if a humbling one.
    Sunday he represents a team full of players eager to see how much has changed in two years.
    The Mustangs feel different. They spent 2009 learning to win for the first time in a quarter-century, including a beatdown of Nevada in the Hawaii Bowl.
    But where are they now?
    That's what Sunday is about for SMU, though here in West Texas and beyond, SMU is still the secondary note to Tech coach Tommy Tuberville making his debut after the fiery conclusion to the Mike Leach era.
    "Everybody is nervous, because you never know," Beachum said. "You have to be real about the situation. We're all excited, anxious and ready to get out there and see how much we've improved."
    SMU still has plenty to prove when it comes to a higher level of competition. The Mustangs haven't defeated a Big 12 team or a BCS-conference team since a victory over Kansas in 2000, and haven't won a true nonconference road game since 1998. They haven't won on the road against an opponent currently in the Big 12 since winning at Tech in 1986 – also their last win over the Red Raiders. (tex's note--who cares that it was the tech team of 24 years ago, i'm not trying to draw attention to that)
    The big-picture impression of SMU is still a work in progress. For a program for which ESPN games have been rare, Sunday is an opportunity and a public gauge all in one.
    "I think we'll be competitive," Jones said. "Certainly, if we were lucky enough to win, it would be a big thing for the school because it's been so long since we've competed at that level.
    "Can we? Yeah. We're going to have to manage a lot of things to win, but I think the kids are ready to try."
    The pressure is centered on Tuberville, whose approach to his more balanced version of Leach's "Air Raid" offense will be unveiled.
    Tuberville named Taylor Potts to start at quarterback over Steven Sheffield. Running back Baron Batch said he's thrilled he'll be more of a factor this season, validating talk of Tech running the ball more.
    And there's a new-look defense, Tuberville's specialty.
    "This will be a huge first-game impression," Tuberville said at a news conference this week. "That's the reason we played this game on Sunday. I wanted everyone to see what this program is about."
    Tech holds the advantage, not just in depth and presumed talent level, but in keeping SMU's coaches guessing about the game plan.
    Tuberville knows exactly what to expect from Jones, so for the Mustangs, and particularly sophomore quarterback Kyle Padron, Sunday is about execution.
    Padron, triggering what should be a more consistent, Hawaii-esque Run and Shoot, has such big goals he doesn't want to unveil them until the end of the season. But even after going 5-1 as a starter last season, this level of pressure is new.
    Receiver Emmanuel Sanders, running back Shawnbrey McNeal and linebacker Chase Kennemer represent huge losses from 2009.
    "We have some guys who can make big plays," Jones said. "Now they have to prove they can do it in big games."
    For his part, Beachum can still hear the roar of Tech's crowd from 2008, an environment he wants to change Sunday – no matter how improbable.
    "If we go in and throw a touchdown pass," Beachum said, "we could hear a pin drop in that stadium."

i highlighted what i thought was worth pointing out--that smu seems pretty unsure of themselves, tuberville clearly wants to make a statement, and tech has the preparedness angle. take this for what it's worth, i probably won't make a spread wager on the game. i'm also not from texas, so don't take my name into consideration.

hawaii808
    hawaii808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1253

I like smu all the way here

JC2008
    JC2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2519

I think TT rolls by double-digits here boys. Different class altogether. Just my opinion.

MTek
    MTek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2860

useful/useless facts........

SMU went 7-1 ATS last years as underdogs and return 15 starters
    Total has been under in 7 of SMU's last 10 road games

TT returns 13 starters, 8 on offense
    TT 5-0 SU past 5 games vs SMU

Spyder31
    Spyder31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Texas Tech will win by at least 21

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

smu + points and the under. Tuberville and the spread made for a horrendous mix at Auburn, and SMU has been a decent road dog under June Jones.

AL1322
    AL1322's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

taking techand the under here 34-24 gl all

spankmythighs
    spankmythighs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 154

Teasing the under with TT to win along with the points on E. Caro. and the under in that one too. Teased them all 7 points.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Quote Originally Posted by AL1322 View Post
    your taking tech but have them winning by 10? you playing them on the ML?

vitalyo
    vitalyo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Under just dropped in both games
    Pinny
    Attached Images  

Addicted2Action

Quote Originally Posted by AL1322 View Post

sounds like a good score for me as i got SMU+14

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Tech has a new head coach, new coaching staff, zero of his own recuits, new defensive scheme, new offensive scheme....hmm.

I think SMU hangs around all day in this one. SMU is a well coached football team under June Jones and should have Techs defense tired and on their heals by the 4th. I think they keep this one real close and wouldn't be shocked if they pull off the upset.

Forgot to mention that Leach supporters (majority of Tech fans) will be out in full force still fuming and voicing their displeasure with Tech officials running Leach out of town.

og4667
    og4667's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2920

SMU has been in rebuilding phase over previous years so past stats mean nothing except for maybe last years and thats it. This team demolished a nevada team in a bowl game last year as a 14 pt underdog. The QB is solid, and 14 pts is a lot especially for a Texas Tech team that is dealing with many new facets. SMU +14