fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Fishmonger plays

I don't usually post my picks so I will attempt to this year. I don't claim to be great but I have capping games for a while and just like to share my picks. I'm pretty small time, usually 50-100 on a game and bowl season a little more or if I am in vegas. I tell most people to look at my spreadsheet but what fun is that? I know it can be altered but I can assure you I do not alter my picks. This year i will post my picks in both posts and spreadsheet.

To tell you what kind of capper I am. I like to bet shitty teams and love to get points. I rarely play over/under because I am not that good at them but I still play them once in a while. A couple futures I have bet this year are Temple top 25(12-1), UTEP win C-USA (16-1), and Kent st win MAC (15-1). To give you a feel of my love for dogs and the potential of teams if they can rally.

I meet some cool people at the bash and I see some of their threads out there and wanted to do the same instead of reading posts and having an occasional comment. I guess I want to be more involved in the college football forum. Well here we go!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ztay22

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Washington st +17 I think Ok st has lost to much from last year to be that much of a favorite to a team that was hit hard with injures last year and returns alot of veteran players. Hunter(rb) is a beast but is coming off crappy season where he was hurt alot and has one of the most unexperienced o-lines in the nation. The offense has also changed to a spread with a new Qb and that can mean problems with the system first game. The defense is very young and will definitely be vulnerable while washington's defense looks to be improved with healthy players back and veteran players.

Utah st +34 The aggies were a very good team last year despite their record and lost a lot of close games to good opponents. They return one of the most experienced o-lines in the nation. Turbin(rb) is out with acl, but return a senoir that is preseason 2nd team for what it's worth. The Qb is mobile and pretty good passer. 300+ yards 5 times last year and 458 yards rushing. If they can score 17+ points they can cover the huge spread. Defense was garbage last year, but do return 8 starters and should be more experienced, right? If they can hold Oklahoma to 42 should be a easy cover. And Utah st was 8-3 ATS last year. 5-0 as away dogs and 2-0 as home favs.

13th Street
    13th Street's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

What do you have against Oklahoma? ......Ha.. J/K
    That is a lot of points to cover.

GL with your plays!

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

You know that's Washington STATE right?

Just kidding. Good Luck.

And you better be right about Utah State. I got 'em +39 1/2 on a teaser. How's 42-10 sound? Works for me. I just fear the 52-3.

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good luck Fish

empty cookie jar
    empty cookie jar's Avatar Become A Pro!

are you ready for some football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

good luck fishmonger
    i'm with you on utah st

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!
    Capybara's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6238

Fishy, I can get 35 now with Utah State at -102! You sold me on them already so I'm in... Good luck to you and everyone today!

I'm not even gonna be around to see anything, but will be checking scores...

I'm also on San Jose St. +39 and Missouri -12.5.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

What a horrible pick on washington state. Utah state could of won the game if it wasn't for the turn overs.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Wisconsin -20 seems like such a square play to me but while I was at the bash I went to UNLV to scout the team. I even bought a t-shirt at the student store and posed as a fan. I even have a picture with Randell Cunningham! But the run game looked like shit and the qb did not look that sharp. Was not impressed with the size of the line. I can see wisconsin pounding the ball and wearing down on the lines and totally shuting down UNLV.

The Madcap

Utah State: genius.

Washington State: idiot

That makes you a geniot.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Wisconsin -10.5 second half line. Chasing a little for the game. Still think wisconsin can cover original spread but time could be the factor.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

I'll take a push and a win any day!!!

The Madcap

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    I'll take a push and a win any day!!!
    True. I'll have to remind myself to collect.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Fishy, your Utah State analysis and pick were great! You should have stuck to your first instinct and just unloaded on that one instead of spreading yourself out.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Tulsa -6.5 (-120) ECU has lost to much to compete in this game. The defense is almost brand new and same with the offensive skill positions in the backfield. New coach with a new system with a new qb could be a bad combo. But I said that about OK st and we all saw what happened. Talked to some ecu fans and they are worried about this year and it seems like the culture has changed from a disrespected dog attitude to a don't expect to much from us attitude. It's like the red headed step child beat up the bully when he was picking on him and now the bully is back after learning his lesson and wants revenge after training a couple months for the fight. Bought the line off the 7 just because.

TheAccountant
    TheAccountant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Tulsa -6.5 (-120) ECU has lost to much to compete in this game. The defense is almost brand new and same with the offensive skill positions in the backfield. New coach with a new system with a new qb could be a bad combo. But I said that about OK st and we all saw what happened. Talked to some ecu fans and they are worried about this year and it seems like the culture has changed from a disrespected dog attitude to a don't expect to much from us attitude. It's like the red headed step child beat up the bully when he was picking on him and now the bully is back after learning his lesson and wants revenge after training a couple months for the fight. Bought the line off the 7 just because.
    I agree soundly with you analysis - the ECU fan attitude is good information as well. I am on the Tulsa ML, I just don't see ECU coming out on top for this one. BOL

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

USC -18 get it before it moves up boys. USC didn't look good to Hawaii because of the passing attack they have and the young secondary. But ,at home, to a team that is traveling cross country and far less talented seems like a nobrainer. Cavs have lost home openers last 4 by 21 or more. I think linemaker's didn't know what to do with the line because of the Hawaai game so they put up this line. I see lane going for two this time and getting those conversions. So two touchs and a field would be enough for the cover. I can't see the cavs moving the ball at all to this team. I just don't see the cavs losing by less than 18.

The Madcap

USC -18 get it before it moves up boys. USC didn't look good to Hawaii because of the passing attack they have and the young secondary. But ,at home, to a team that is traveling cross country and far less talented seems like a nobrainer. Cavs have lost home openers last 4 by 21 or more. I think linemaker's didn't know what to do with the line because of the Hawaai game so they put up this line. I see lane going for two this time and getting those conversions. So two touchs and a field would be enough for the cover. I can't see the cavs moving the ball at all to this team. I just don't see the cavs losing by less than 18.

Got to agree.

USC"s weakness is their pass D. But UVA's o-line is weak, and their QB can't throw the ball. He's so bad the match-up probably even favors USC.

You combine that with it being USC's home opener with Kiffin, and him wanting to trounce somebody after letting Hawaii back in it last week, you just know they're going to come out firing from the gate jacked up and ready to murder somebody. That intensity is going blow the Wahoos out of the water. I can see this thing getting out of hand by halftime. Like 35-3.

If I was ever going to bet my mortgage money on a game this would be it. USC is going to annihilate them. UVA S-U-C-K-S.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Maryland +7.5 (-130) Had to buy the hook to make myself feel better. Something is real fishy about this line. I feel like vegas is trying to lure bettors on to navy. Navy looks like the great pick on paper but Maryland has had all summer to prepare for this option. Navy is going to struggle with the defense having young unproven linebackers and Fridge is an offensive genius. Alot of you my not think so but he gets alot out of his players to. The run game will be solid for both sides of the ball but defense is what will make the difference. Maryland despite their horrible record hung in a lot of games last year to good teams. I also like maryland because navy seems like such a easy public pick. Perfect fade material.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Maryland +7.5 (-130) Had to buy the hook to make myself feel better. Something is real fishy about this line. I feel like vegas is trying to lure bettors on to navy. Navy looks like the great pick on paper but Maryland has had all summer to prepare for this option. Navy is going to struggle with the defense having young unproven linebackers and Fridge is an offensive genius. Alot of you my not think so but he gets alot out of his players to. The run game will be solid for both sides of the ball but defense is what will make the difference. Maryland despite their horrible record hung in a lot of games last year to good teams. I also like maryland because navy seems like such a easy public pick. Perfect fade material.
    Got Maryland in my thread as well... I only got the 6.5, though. Hopefully I won't need that half-point!

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Temple -6.5 (-130) The d line for central michigan is too green for the veteran o line of the owls. Temple has too much on this game to sleep walk through this game. Villanova is a cross town national champ rival that played a tough game so don't look too much into this game. Central has too many new faces from last year to compete against temple. Had to buy it off the 7 so I wouldn't push. But I feel confident that temple wins by at least two possessions. They are a top 25 team and prove it tonight.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Utep/Houston over 74.5 small play for me. Just to watch and make it interesting. Not thing really to say but both defenses were weak last year and I can see the same this year. Revenge for houston and could put up a monster amount of points.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

San Diego st -13 the aztecs return one of the top passers and receivers in MWC. New mexico in the other hand is god awful. Both teams return alot on both sides of the ball. So I give the edge to aztecs. This is also the second year of running the wish bone with recuits that were designed for a passing attack. They need a least one more year to start running that offense properly.

The Madcap

Temple -6.5 (-130) The d line for central michigan is too green for the veteran o line of the owls. Temple has too much on this game to sleep walk through this game. Villanova is a cross town national champ rival that played a tough game so don't look too much into this game. Central has too many new faces from last year to compete against temple. Had to buy it off the 7 so I wouldn't push. But I feel confident that temple wins by at least two possessions. They are a top 25 team and prove it tonight.
    Tough break. This is why God hates kickers.

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

good luck, do you have a runnign record?

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

I keep track on my spreadsheet. I have altered some picks due to errors like putting dogs down as favs and so on but I do not delete picks. I just wanted to start a thread this year to see how it went. I had a couple picks before I started the spreadsheet but didn't post them. But I will be posting everything I play this year and for how much in my spreadsheet.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

fishmonger,

What is your biggest play for this weekend?
    I would just like to compare notes. Thanks.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    fishmonger,

What is your biggest play for this weekend?
    I would just like to compare notes. Thanks.
    Really liking Duke. Been watching the line and would love for it to hit 7 but it looks like the best line will be 6. Haven't pulled the trigger yet. Just waiting for the line to reach it's peak before I pull.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Duke +5.5 Duke has the much better team in this matchup. Offensively they are far superior to a wake team that has yet to find a qb to run the new option offense that has been installed this year. This is a rebuilding year for the Deacons and will show today. These are two different programs going in different directions. Alot of people think this is the duke of old but cutcliff has this program turning around. This game should be a pick at best.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Kent st +17.5 I think they are under rated team and should hang with BC.

Capybara
    Punta Cana, bitches!

Oh man, tough break with duke! You needed to grab them at 6 or more! Kent state looking solid.

What do you think of vols +10.5?

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Oklahoma st -7 got this one early against tulsa. Tulsa can't play defense and Oklahoma will score all over this team. Tulsa will also put up some points but will not be able to keep pace with them. I was down on ok st a couple weeks ago but they crushed washington state and put up alot more points than I thought they would. I hope they do that to this tulsa team. I will also consider the over once it comes out.

The Madcap

Oklahoma st -7 got this one early against tulsa. Tulsa can't play defense and Oklahoma will score all over this team. Tulsa will also put up some points but will not be able to keep pace with them. I was down on ok st a couple weeks ago but they crushed washington state and put up alot more points than I thought they would. I hope they do that to this tulsa team. I will also consider the over once it comes out.
    I think that's an enticing line too, but Ok St. screwed me against Troy. If they can't be Troy by 3, why should I believe they can beat Tulsa by 7 in a rivalry game?

fishmonger
    Very sharp square

Cinn/NCSU under 54.5 I like how the state defense has looked and cinn has struggled to score. NCSU offense looked not as good as last year. I just think the over is well over priced.

1234 ... Last