iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

The Kings Cappers (NCAAF)

How's it going fellow Gamblers..

Today, the college football season begins. There should be many opportunities to take advantage of bad lines throughout the year. I thought I'd make a thread for people to leave a breif summary of the teams they watch on TV throughout the year. I think we will be surprised how much we can learn from one another if we work together.

Doesn't matter if it is a one sentence summary ie "so and so looked very good defending the run" or a 500 word detailed writeup, every little bit of info will help us all.

I look forward to using this info to see how we as cappers take it and come up with a conclusion.

Please, let's try to keep this thread half ass serious and see what happens. Let's reward the people that put in effort with points and see if we can put our hands around NCAAF this year...

If we work together I'm sure it can only help..

King

corymsu
    corymsu's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you 100% we need to take a joined effort in killing the bookies this year! I will be watching the thread all season! BOL to you!

iifold
    Update your status

Watched most of Southern Miss/ South Carolina so far..

South Carolina dominating, they look to be a very balanced team, pretty solid all around. Offense looks much better than last year.

Impressed with Southern Miss pass protection even though they look to be outmatched. I'm thinking they will be involved in some shootouts when they play some weaker teams..

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

carolina's QB looked terrible. He will choke 2 games for them this year

wal66
    wal66's Avatar Become A Pro!

Opening Night Wrap-up
    If you are a believer in balance and all things tend to even out in life then opening night of the 2010 College Football season is right up your alley. We had 3 favorites cover, 3 dogs cover (and 2 of those won outright) and 1 push.

Some of you may have different closing numbers but the source I used had these:

Favorites Covering:

Ohio State -28 beat Marshall 45-7
    South Carolina -13 beat Southern Miss 46-13
    Iowa St -4 beat Northern Illinois 27-10
    All home favs.

Covered the Line or Outright Win:

Florida Atlantic +13 beat UAB 32-31
    Minnesota +1 beat Middle Tennessee St 24-17
    Hawaii +20 covered against USC 36-49

Pushed:

Pitt +3 lost to Utah 24-27

If you were a Totals bettor the over dominated the night going 5-2.

South Carolina has some serious talent across the board and freshman RB Marcus Lattimore should develope into a serious back. They do appear to have some concerns in the secondary and this could cause a problem against Georgia next week and Florida down the road but only time will tell.
    Points Awarded:

iifold gave wal66 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

iifold
    Update your status

At the A's game, if you watched or are watching a college football game, leave some comments

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Toledo will fold vs a quality team. No d and struggles on offense with a very weak QB.

NBAwinner
    NBAwinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

toledo QB even suck than hs football

minet123
    Is JJ a Higher Power ?
    minet123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3753

Watch those all in plays on BIG ML Favorites

iifold
    Update your status

Miami(OH) either has a very, very good defensive line or Florida's offensive line is not very good..

iifold
    Update your status

Did you watch a game? What did you learn today?

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Miami-Ohio @ Florida
    Florida looked all out of sorts. Read before the game Urban Meyer wasn't comfortable with his offense or his recruits yet and it showed. The defense was great but Florida's offense looked anemic. Without the ability to hit the panic button and just have Tebow ram it this year this offense will struggle with no true running back and a big problem with center-qb exchanges. Expect Pouncey to be moved back to guard just in time for the Tenn game. On the other side, Miami-Ohio didn't look completley useless. Hell, if they didn't play so damn conservative they could have stayed in the game. The running game still appears to be a problem but they did seem to have a very good defense. They really didn't let Florida do too much on offense.

Texas v Rice
    Texas is going to be a brutal team to play this year. The defense is fast and they hit the shit out of people. The offense is absolutley pounding the rock over and over again. While it worked against Rice they need more production out of QB to do anything in the Big 12. Several passes were underthrown by Gilbert especially the sideline comebacks. It could be that he is not completley comfortable yet but to me it appears he is much more comfortable throwing the ball to the middle of the field. Rice is a dangerous team, they played pretty well and some of the playmakers they have are just scary fast. Expect betting some Texas unders this year.

iifold
    Update your status

BJ with some very good info here...

Watching a little of SMU/Texas Tech..

Texas Tech taking advantage of what looks like a pretty bad SMU team...

Hard to tell if TT's defense is that much improved or if SMU is just that bad..

May be able to cash a few TT Unders if the Defense is improved and offense is more balanced..

Something to look for..

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

ECU/Tulsa

ECU defense looks surprisingly bad. Both offenses are putting up a ton of points. On the ECU side they are leaving a ton of people open and aren't getting much pressure. Tulsa just flat out can't tackle. Tulsa offense/lack of tackling looks to be an over team this year. Really poor tackling on both sides but especially on Tulsa. Going to take a little more time to really grade ECU as the good offense seems more attributed to terrible tackling then anything. But Tulsa for sure looks like they will be playing a bunch of games with totals into the 70's.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    BJ with some very good info here...

Watching a little of SMU/Texas Tech..

Texas Tech taking advantage of what looks like a pretty bad SMU team...

Hard to tell if TT's defense is that much improved or if SMU is just that bad..

May be able to cash a few TT Unders if the Defense is improved and offense is more balanced..

Something to look for..
    Completley agree.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

However, TT defense looks pretty good against the run. Those unders should hold some value this year in the coming weeks.

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

I don't have time to watch many games, but I watched USC and Hawaii.

Hawaii made USC defense look pretty bad, but their offense made up for it. Might be a good team to cover overs, one way or another