kiknit
    kiknit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Florida Atlantic +15

Something seems fishy about this...maybe its just me. I know UAB finished strong last season with 4 of 5 wins but they're just now getting their scholarships back and are rebuilding....and put up 31+ points in that same stretch but their passind D was dead last at more than 300 ypg.

Florida Atl is young as a program but their RB Morris is solid for the conference w a 1000yd season last year. QB is a 5th yr senior and a good WR core.

Seems like UAB giving 15 is too much to a pretty equally matched florida atlantic team.

Thinking about taking the dogs here...or did I miss something???

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Somebody said on another forum he had sources to believe that if Uab didn't win by four touchdowns then it was going to be a rough season. FAU lost a lot. I think this is one of those games where who the heck knows what's going to happen. FAU on a teaser might be very good value, but I can't see playing anything else other than that.

the shadow
    the shadow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6418

kiknit,I'm with you on FAU. UAB's qb is green. I totally agree with your reasoning. It's the first week so only a small wager on this.

Las Vegas Tom
    Las Vegas Tom's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough for such a poor team like UAB to cover 15 points, even against a bad FAU.

Sean81
    Sean81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

This is THE game I could not wait to see the line for because I think UAB will be a real surprise team this year and be better overall despite Joe Webbs absence. However, the line opened at 12 which is higher than I thought and has since run up to 15.5. Im not sure how much value is left in this line, but it is reasonable and I would definitely lean UAB on this one.

MasterP10
    MasterP10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3259

Agree, FAU did lose a lot including qb rusty smith, only 3 starters return on offence. Majority of defense returns from last yr. I will give the edge to uab as there offense looks to be half decent again. 4 out 5 O line are back and all but one wide out. UAB did blowout FAU last yr 56-29. Although the blazzers don't usually perform well in the fav role. I want to pull the trigger on the owls but I think if anything I will take the under. GL.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

take florida atlantic and the +15...public on uab but the line is out of wack....line should be 7!

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

It's worth taking the points for a small wager if you can get anything over 15, but I can't honestly do anything further than that. Minimum unit play for me if I play it.