Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

NCAAF Week One Picks

College Football 2007-2008 Overall 128-104-6 +16.30 units (55.17%)
    College Football 2008-2009 Overall 122-120 -5.29 units (50.41%)
    College Football 2009-2010 Overall 68-52 +9.30 units (56.66%)
    College Football 2009-2010 2 Unit Plays 20-17 -0.10 units (54.04%)

Excited for the season to get started. Here are just some leans to start out and I will start posting plays as the weeks go on. I usually lock in my plays on game day though. I've found advantages and disadvantages of doing it that way so it pretty much evens itself out.

Leans

Thursday

Utah -2.5 (strong lean)
    Middle Tenn St. +3

Saturday

Illinois +12
    Michigan -3
    Kentucky ML -155
    Akron +8.5
    Cinci +2.5
    V. Tech +2.5 (strong lean)

Alexgurv

After some time and thought, I have decided to not bet Utah even though I want too. This Pitt team will be better as the season goes but I don't really see the logic on Pitt from a betting perspective. First of all the line should be solid but they are not a veteran bunch. Deon Lewis should be great this year, but with a line that has some question marks, it won't be good. Second of all you guys are placing a lot of trust into Sunseri who is making his first start. Just too many question marks and unknowns compared to a Utah team which is great at home and is more established.

Minnesota -3 to win 1 unit

I actually did a complete 180 on this one. Middle tenn St should be one of those few teams that Minny actually beats this year. They seem to play decently well against opponents on the road, and they are 7/8 in there last 8 road openers. Midd. Tenn. St QB' has been suspedned for this game. There offense is improved on all fronts from last year IMO. The defense is solid but maybe a bit less experienced.

Alexgurv

Michigan -3 (+100) to win 1 unit

Uconn has won 4 straight road openers but I think it should be mentioned that they played Ohio, Hofstra, Duke and Rhode Island. This is a pretty important game for Rich-Rod because I can't imagine that they could bare a home opening loss to Uconn with some consequences. This is Rich Rod's 3rd year and I think hes starting to get the type of players he wants for his system. I look for them to be better on all fronts. The QB situation is a little foggy, and it doesnt look like Forcier will start. But I still have faith in Rich Rod to get the job done.

Louisville +3 to win 1 unit

Changed my mind on this one as well as I looked more into it. Kentucky holds a 3 game win streak in the series but theyve lost the most players out of anyone in the SEC so I think they will be slightly worse. Also Charlie Strong, the new coach for the Cardinals comes out of Florida and he has some experience with stopping Kentucky. Cardinals have a solid offensive line and what looks like a better running game then last year. The team with the most rush yards in the game usually wins the game.

Plays locked in

Michigan -3 (+100) to bet 1 unit

Alexgurv

Laying off Syracuse/Akron

North Carolina +4 to win 1 unit

I know that LSU doesn't lose at home, under the lights. I also know that LSU doesn't lose in September. But I think this is when we see the true Les Miles situation. TJ Yates is back and the team is in general much more experienced. I think we can expect Davis to coach this team to the best team he's ever had. The only thing that worries me is the allegations hanging over there head.Jordan Jefferson is back for LSU, and I pretty much look at him like a poor version of Pryor. Also as I said you can always count on Les Miles to some how **** this up.

Cincinnati +3 to win 2 units

I feel pretty confident about this. Even though Brian Kelly baled on this school last year this team will still be solid. Collaros got some time last year with Pike being injured and it was fair to think Collaros might be even better then Pike. They lost Gilyard but they still have guys like Woods and Barnett. Also the Bearcats are underestimated just about every year, people start realizing this team might win the Big East again.

Plays Locked in:

UNC +4 to win 1 unit

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

fau on thrus is a good pick uab loses all everything qb webb

larojoes
    larojoes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1332

LSU-UNC is a neutral-site game.

aman86
    aman86's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Way to lay off Utah good decision should be too close for comfort

Alexgurv

redrum - thanks bro, not sure about it but GL

larojoes - thanks, gives me more confidence. Should have known that but havent studied as much as I should

aman - thanks bro, hopefully its a close game and Pitt gets it done

Alexgurv

Boise St. -1.5 to win 2 units

Did another 180 on this one, after looking into this game for a few days now. The last few years V. Tech has started to struggle in the beginning of there seasons. When they were in the Big East it was the other way around, they would start strong, be in the top 5, and collapse at the end of the year. They lost to Bama last year to open, they lost to East Carolina to start the year before. Both games were on neutral sites like this one. This game is being played at FedEx Field. I think V. Tech's kind of questionable at QB with Tyrod Taylor. He can play unbelievably bad at times. Boise St. is one of the best offensive units in the country every year. I'm not a supporter of them being in the national championship, and thats why I think I leaned V. Tech at first just so they wouldn't be in the picture. But this team looks to be unstoppable on offense this year, with Moore and a great backfield.

GL this week and season, thats it for me for the week

Plays Locked in:

UNC +4 to win 1 unit
    Boise St -1.5 to win 2 units

Alexgurv

UNC game will probably be a lose