WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Why I Won't Hit 70% This Year

1. I don't believe in misleading people.
    2. I use honest lines.
    3. I don't play ridiculous overpriced moneyline plays.
    4. I been wagering for over 30 years and have never hit 70% for a season.
    5. I know of only one documented pro who ever hit 71%. He followed that up
    with 57% the next season.
    6. Last year the Hilton Super Contest winner hit 64% and won almost $200,000.
    Why in the name of "I want attention" would anyone post on a forum when they
    could win over $200,000 this year in the Hilton contest.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Solid post.

My best year in the last 10 was probably in the low 60's.

I had 3 straight years of nearly 50-50 ball before 2007.

I do not want to trash anyone---but there have been posters who have used ridiculously unavailable lines to try to gain some type of internet street cred here.

If those guys pulled down the %'s they claimed-----I always wondered why they weren't smart enough to enter the Hilton contest.
    Last edited by MartinBlank; 08-25-10 at 07:02 AM.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Martin I know you aren't speaking ill of the departed Pags. You would never do that.

MartinBlank

Coug...STOP....lol.

The odd thing Coug---is I never had a problem with him until last year and it came down to one single game.

He had Purdue +7.......and I had ND. I wished him well on the selection, and just tried to get some dialogue going about the game. He went completely batshit crazy. That started the downhill slide. He sure was/is a sensitive soul. It didn't help that Tacomax was there every time he slipped up last year.

Then Pags lost the challenge to Lakerboy and it was time to duck and put on the Kevlar.

He always did manage to get some incredible lines----and very little juice.

MartinBlank

Coug...sidenote. Your avatar. Wasn't Phoenix supposedly growing the beard/acting whacky for some sort of Borat act----being filmed by Casey Affleck? I am too lazy to google that, just curious if you knew what became of the whole Phoenix Beard thing.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I thought the challenge was with Pavy

I had Purdue plus the 7 as well

That was one amazing game, Purdue lost a bunch of close games last year

I like them as a sleeper, along with Arizona, UConn, and Navy

WorkHorse

Thanks for the comments men. Now to the purpose of this thread.

BE CAUTIOUS WITH THE SUPERSTARS....THEY MAY BE ONLY STARS IN THEIR OWN EYES.

Con-Artist are dime a dozen.

WorkHorse

Last post by me on this subject. My concern is for young people who do not have a clue. Nothing else.....don't give a rats ass about con-artist strutten Peacocks.

I've known THE GENERAL at another site and he has always been honest and fair to all posters. Any new guys who have questions about this crazy stuff....ask him...he is a good guy and will answer your questions.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

you mean hit 70% of your plays or win 70% over the $$$$ you had bet??

WorkHorse

Coug, I leaned years ago to play all games during the season for the same amount.

Have seen to many players with a winning record lose money playing the UNIT crap.

Good luck with your play this season.

pimpinaces
    pimpinaces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1470

Good points

redore33
    redore33's Avatar Become A Pro!

Actually Pags is not a bad guy. Quite good @ NCAA foots. Can't imagine what set him off, if it went as you said.

southie
    southie's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lots of retards in these forums. Hopefully nobody loses any serious money following.

The best money IMO is fades, especially fading pat venditto.

money in the bank.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Very good post here. Your points are well taken. I have been doing this for a bit longer than you, and last year I hit 62+%. That was my second best year ever. I am well ahead overall, having about a 58.5% winning percentage over the past 20 years, but that is the way the game is played. It is a grind. If you want to win millions overnight, buy a lottery ticket. Like you, I alsoplay all games for the same amount. A game is either worth playing or it is not.

Sooner2005
    Sooner2005's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Very good post here. Your points are well taken. I have been doing this for a bit longer than you, and last year I hit 62+%. That was my second best year ever. I am well ahead overall, having about a 58.5% winning percentage over the past 20 years, but that is the way the game is played. It is a grind. If you want to win millions overnight, buy a lottery ticket. Like you, I alsoplay all games for the same amount. A game is either worth playing or it is not.

In my early days, I would be at 55%-58% but ask "where is all the money?" Nature had a funny way of letting me win my regular plays but lose plays I over heard other guys label as locks, 5 Stars etc, so I would press. This year has been smooth sailing. Each play is the same percentage of my bankroll. Period.