joegavazzi
    joegavazzi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

College Football Boom or Bust: SEC

I have a 13 part series entitled "Boom or Bust" highlighting who I feel will be a boom ATS and bust ATS. Please provide feedback and let me know what you think about my picks. The first article is on the SEC. Here it is.

In this 2010 CFB article, we reveal the top team in each conference that will BOOM (ATS) and the team in each league that will BUST (ATS), because you can’t know where you’re going unless you know where you’ve been, we examine each teams 2 year history from the perspective of turnovers, ATS records, and AFP (away from the pointspread) logs. We combine that with our current season experience ratings including that of the coaching staff, returning starters, returning lettermen, and strength of schedule (year over year) to make our final conclusions. The purpose is to seek value for the entire season based on the factors listed above. Use it wisely, in conjunction with your other handicapping tools, to help you reap big profits this College FB Season. We will start off looking at the SEC Conference.
    SEC
    BOOM TEAM
    Georgia Bulldogs
    The Bulldogs have a lot going for them this season. They are just 9-15 ATS L2Y with a combined -19 turnovers and a combined -71 AFP. With 15 returning starters including a veteran offense that features 155 OL starts, look for 10th year head coach Richt to take advantage of a softening schedule and return to the positive side of the pointspread ledger.
    BUST TEAM
    Alabama Crimson Tide
    No surprise to veteran handicappers that the defending champions will be overrated this year. They have prospered from +25 TO’s and a +139 AFP to post a 2 year record of 18-9 ATS. Despite plenty of talent waiting in the wings, they return just 10 starters, 63% LM, only 46 OL starts, and just 2 returning defenders. Facing a more difficult schedule than LY seals the fate of the defending champs.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Even though I'm a homer, I agree with you on Bama as a bust team ATS. Every team will be gunning for them, and the national champs usually have inflated lines.

bmsOHST11
    bmsOHST11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really not a believer in UGA, dont know why but the QB situation is suspect... and I really think King is overrated and ealey should be lone and primary back