louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

UofL vs. UofK Sept. 2008

UK whining again about when the game should be played. When UofL and UofK started playing against each other in the early 90's, they both agreed the game would be the first game of the season. well after UofL started dominating the series, a few years ago UofK said when it was their turn to host they wanted the game to be the 3rd or 4th of the season, and when UofL hosts they can make it the 1st game. well this season is UofL's turn and ESPN has offered to put the game on Labor Day for a Monday night game, well UofK's A.D. Mitch Barnhart has said that UofK has offered to play the game Fri. -Sun., but not on Monday, cause UofK is going to be young and rebuilding and they have a game that coming Sat. , which would make it a short week for preparation.
    what a bunch of cry-babies, UofK is playing Norfolk St. in Lexington. Come'on, Norfolk St.? you got to be kidding me.
    UofL is going to be young and rebuilding also, plus they got a bunch a new coaches coming in, and UofL has a game that Sat. against Tenn. Tech, and i'm sure Tenn. Tech is better than Norfolk St.
    I don't think ole' Mitch understands the value of getting a Monday night game on ESPN.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Ha they are trying to pull this sh*t again! Fu*k 'em

This one better not be on ESPN Classic again!

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

I would tihnk any team would jump at the chance for a national audience.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    I would tihnk any team would jump at the chance for a national audience.
    Precisely. Particularly for recruiting purposes for the incoming '09 class. Doesn't make any sense to blow that opportunity for an extra day of preparation against Norfolk State (a team that shouldn't be on any D1A team's schedule in the first place)

Saunders FTW
    Saunders FTW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Ha they are trying to pull this sh*t again! Fu*k 'em

This one better not be on ESPN Classic again!

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

from my local paper
    It'll be Sunday afternoon football, not "Monday Night Football," for the Cats and Cards.

The season-opening football game between the universities of Kentucky and Louisville will be played on Sunday, Aug. 31, at 3:30 p.m. in Papa John's Cardinal Stadium. It will be televised on ESPN.

U of L officials had wanted the game to be played on Labor Day in ESPN's "Monday Night Football" time slot, but UK balked at the idea. Athletic director Mitch Barnhart said that would not leave the Wildcats enough preparation time for their game against Norfolk State the following Saturday.

UCLA and Tennessee instead will play on Monday night, ESPN announced yesterday.

The UK-U of L game will be played the same day that the Ford Ironman Triathlon is in town, which could create some traffic and security problems. Last year's running course went right past the football stadium.

This will be the sixth time in the past seven seasons that the game will be on a Sunday and the eighth time it'll be on either ESPN or ESPN2. Last year's game, which Kentucky won 40-34 in Lexington, was played on the third Saturday of the season and was televised by ESPN Classic.
    oh well.

awhitejackson
    Slappin troubles away with the SlapChop
    awhitejackson's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    from my local paper

oh well.
    Haha...They would need a full week to prepare for Norfolk St...