The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Kyle Parker to return to Clemson

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...y-at-clemson/1

Well, this certainly makes them a letter better this year. Not sure who made the dumber move here. The Rockies for letting their first round investment to go play football? Or Parker for risking injury and losing all that money to play a team that that will end up in the Music City Bowl at best?

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

This was surprising to me. Parker has a serious future in baseball, not so much in football. If he gets hurt, millions are down the drain.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

probably some alumni paid him.

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

actually think he will be a better football player than bases. makes clemson alot better this year

patswin
    patswin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10189

Good news for clemson, they were screwed without him

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

i read he wants 3 millions signing bonus, but the rockies were offering 1-2 million, so he return it to fb, so the rockies increase their offer.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Bad move. Clemson is going nowheres this season. They have no chance to win the ACC against the likes of Ga. Tech, UNC, Miami, Va. Tech and Florida State, who will win the weak Atlantic Conference. At best, Clemson goes to one of those throw away bowls for 7-5 teams. Not worth the risk.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Bad move. Clemson is going nowheres this season. They have no chance to win the ACC against the likes of Ga. Tech, UNC, Miami, Va. Tech and Florida State, who will win the weak Atlantic Conference. At best, Clemson goes to one of those throw away bowls for 7-5 teams. Not worth the risk.
    maybe he thinks or had been advised that he could be a nfl quaterback, and gave it a shot. He already has won the acc tittle, and i'm sure he knows they dont have a chance to go to the bcs champ

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    probably some alumni paid him.
    Seems like Clemson is always able to keep their players somehow... Spiller last year, Parker and McDaniels this year.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    maybe he thinks or had been advised that he could be a nfl quaterback, and gave it a shot. He already has won the acc tittle, and i'm sure he knows they dont have a chance to go to the bcs champ
    I live down the street from his family. The people around here are all saying he wants his long term future to be football and he said he knows he can always go back to baseball when ever. Seems like a good kid too.

JuicedUp
    JuicedUp's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6148

I think he made the right move.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    Not sure who made the dumber move here. The Rockies for letting their first round investment to go play football? Or Parker for risking injury and losing all that money to play a team that that will end up in the Music City Bowl at best?
    Clemson's got a legitimate shot at the ACC title. Clemson is very underrated. Wait and see.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by iwantcougars View Post
    maybe he thinks or had been advised that he could be a nfl quaterback
    Cleveland Browns quarterbacks coach Carl Smith worked with Parker in high school. Smith said Parker has an arm equal to the quarterbacks at the recent NFL Combine.

"Parker fits in with that group," Smith said. "Kyle Parker has plenty of arm. Drew Brees kind of gave new life to all the 6-foot quarterbacks, at least in the NFL. ... Parker has enough (strength) to withstand tackling. Kyle is a guy who is a natural passer that can do some things with his feet. Kyle can sit in the pocket, too.

"One of the things Kyle's got, I don't know if you could teach it, Kyle has spatial instincts. He knows when he can get it there ... He can turn it loose in a heartbeat."

Does he see a scenario in which Parker gives up football in 2010?

"I know it would be hard for Kyle," Smith said. "He loves it, he's good at it."