mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Boise State 8:1 to win 2011 BCS: Horrible value or am I not in the "know"

Only 8:1

I dont think that they beat a quality Va Tech on the road in the opener. Oregon State could be a stumbling block. Never mind that this team is "due" to lose a conference game after owning it for many years. Even if they overcome all of this, they might not even make it to the title game, and be saddled with another BCS bowl not for it all. I love the story, all the starters return...but come on a ton of risk to bet on this team for 8:1

The glory of college football is that you can enjoy the games and still make money...

Herky
    Herky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4583

Imagine they will beat Va Tech. They will win every game other than that one for sure.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

If they run the table. They WILL go to the final game. After being the underdog to TCU and winning. The voters will remember that and the past when they have been shafted. I feel that this year is the golden ticket year. I think kellen moore to win the heisman at 15-1 is better value. Because for them to be considered, they got to blow people up. And running the ball is not going to do that. And if they do lose the va tech game you could still squeak by on the heisman bet.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    If they run the table. They WILL go to the final game. After being the underdog to TCU and winning. The voters will remember that and the past when they have been shafted. I feel that this year is the golden ticket year. I think kellen moore to win the heisman at 15-1 is better value. Because for them to be considered, they got to blow people up. And running the ball is not going to do that. And if they do lose the va tech game you could still squeak by on the heisman bet.
    Agreed on Boise, with their preseason ranking + the reasons you mentioned, I don't think they'll get left out if they run the table. Also don't see them running the table. Feel like people aren't talking about the loss of Justin Wilcox to Tennessee. Boise won all their big games last year with their defense (see Oregon and TCU). They're going to have to over come that loss for sure.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

Would you take just 8 to 1 odds on them not only going to but winning the BCS title game? No small school has gone and done that. You are having to actually predict a first and are only getting 8 to 1.

I also think that this team in its first game of the year will lose on the road to Va tech.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

No there not going to surprise anyone and Va Tech will take them down in the first game anway. If Va Tech doesnt win the game then still see if you can get them at 8 to 1.

rwsmith
    rwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think 8 to 1 to make it would be about right..but to win it should be higher i think

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

First, if the best you can get is 8-1, start looking for other books. There are still books out there that are giving 10/1. The line opened at 12/1. Boise State's season basically hinges on three games. The Va.Tech game, which they are at -2.5, the Oregon State game at home, which they are at -14, and the game at Nevada, which they are at -13. Those are the only games that Boise State has a remote chance of losing, and as you can see by the line, the games against Oregon State and at Nevada are considered to be very remote. So if Boise State defeats Va. Tech, the ONLY way they do not go to the NC game is if TWO BCS teams go undefeated. Now this can happen, but the odds are pretty long on it happening. One BCS team, sure. Two? Maybe, we had three undefeated BCS teams last season. There were none the previous three seasons. Do not fool yourselves. Make no mistake. There is NO BCS team that loses a game and get voted into the NC Game ahead of an undefeated Boise State team. That would be so controversial that the BCS and NCAA would not put up with it.

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope we do get to see a controversial situation of a one loss from a major conference who played a schedule with 5 or 6 tough games that they could have lost verses undefeated Boise St who's only played one game where they weren't favored by 10 or more

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

can't see bosie playing in a title game

rwsmith
    rwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would like to see a one loss alabama or texas or ohio state make it to the NC and stomp a undefeated boise state.

Vince Lombardi
    Vince Lombardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19401

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    I would like to see a one loss alabama or texas or ohio state make it to the NC and stomp a undefeated boise state.
    Exactly. They will not win it all, I don't care who they end up in the finals with. IF they make it through their creampuff schedule undefeated.

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

I no nothing about college football but I do realize that Boise will never play in the BCS game

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

they need to join a conference

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Not thrilled with Boise State

foosh99
    foosh99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

Boise state, very little chance

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5

thanks, I thought 8 to 1 was horrid odds for this bet and your comments seem to confirm this

kalamity85
    kalamity85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 371

yeah don't see boise winning the nat championship ever

jessetopolski
    jessetopolski's Avatar Become A Pro!

if they do get past the hokies and them rodgers bros. from org st. ya betta watch out. that bet may have good value