BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Tennessee Turns Down USC Game

Tennessee has turned down a spot in the Chick Fil A Bowl to start the 2011 season in Atlanta. Their likely opponent would have been USC. The Tennessee A.D, Mike Hamilton, stated that the schedule would be too tough for his team, who is already scheduled to meet Cincinnati and UNC in 2011. The truth of the matter is that Tennessee A.D. Mike Hamilton is getting tired of having Tennessee's tail kicked by Pac 10 teams. Tennessee has currently lost three games in a row to Pac 10 also-rans, and must play Pac 10 favorite Oregon this season in Knoxville.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

wise for them, with their normal sec schedule, plus unc and cincy, no need to overcomplicate their schedule (unless they have the actual manning at qb, and berry still playing safety) i bet kiffin was behind this

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

I mean it's not like Tennessee already has a full schedule for 2011...

Kiffin just likes hearing his name.

stingray14
    My bookie thinks I'm a PRO
    stingray14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kiffin's punk ass knows he left the vols in piss poor shape and is looking for a potential easy mark, he needs to realize that his team will have a tough road ahead.

kalamity85
    kalamity85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 371

tennessee couldn't beat UCLA at home or away. smart move not wanting to play USC

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough
    Killer_Demo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4201

tenn would get smashed by USC...southern teams cant compete with pac-10 teams

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Tennnessee want to play USC in 2020. It won't make any difference. Tennessee will get it's tail kicked no matter when they play USC because Tennessee is a "has been" team with a loser (17-20 career wise) for a H.C. and a bigger loser for an A.D. Pat Summit would do a better job than this clown.

rwsmith
    rwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

That would be a wild game... What would really be awsome would be to see usc and kiffin go to Knoxville

Dad
    2011 Adult Entertainer of the Year
    Dad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

Sounds pussy-ish to me.

rwsmith

Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Sounds pussy-ish to me.
    Thats UT

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Tennnessee want to play USC in 2020. It won't make any difference. Tennessee will get it's tail kicked no matter when they play USC because Tennessee is a "has been" team with a loser (17-20 career wise) for a H.C. and a bigger loser for an A.D. Pat Summit would do a better job than this clown.
    Description sounds a lot like Southern Cal...

pinnacle212
    pinnacle212's Avatar Become A Pro!

USC is the better team. Kiffin knows that. I wouldnt play kiffin if I am TN. He knows all thier people.

bsandhype
    bsandhype's Avatar Become A Pro!

Has Kiffin proven anything?

kalamity85

i thought kiffin did a good job at tenneessee being competitive with florida and almost beating alabama and making it to a bowl game. he never had a chance to do well with the raiders.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Fellas..fellas...First off, there is no way in hell that the Pac-10 stacks up with the SEC in football. Secondly, I agree with the guy who said Kiffin already knows that he left Tennessee in bad shape (how nice of Kiffin to offer to play them). Why doesn't USC want to play a Florida or an Alabama? That's what I thought. And last, but not least, Dooley might turn out to be pretty good. BigdQH, the man was coaching La Tech. It's not like he could have turned out 10 win seasons every year . He lead a team riddled with injuries to near wins vs. Boise St. and LSU. By the way, Kiffin has already lost a couple recruits back to Tennessee. As far as Kiffin and Tennessee hanging tough with Florida in the swamp. Damn near every player for Florida had the flu and they still beat the Vols! USC is fine by me, but Kiffin is a chump.

kalamity85

do you honestly think if USC asked, florida or alabama would say yes?

stingray14

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    tenn would get smashed by USC...southern teams cant compete with pac-10 teams
    That is funny...you are full of $hit.......the Pac 10,11,12 or whatever the ffuck cant hold a candle to the SEC.......over the past 5 years, in the major sports, the SEC has 10 of the possible 20 national championships.......

stingray14

Quote Originally Posted by kalamity85 View Post
    do you honestly think if USC asked, florida or alabama would say yes?
    Yes they would....Bama said yes to Penn St. years back, and now they play this year......And Bama would Kick their asses........My UW Huskies are gonna win the pac-10 anyway

stingray14

Quote Originally Posted by kalamity85 View Post
    i thought kiffin did a good job at tenneessee being competitive with florida and almost beating alabama and making it to a bowl game. he never had a chance to do well with the raiders.
    Bama was exhausted V/S Tenn. and Tenn was coming off a bye......

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by stingray14 View Post
    That is funny...you are full of $hit.......the Pac 10,11,12 or whatever the ffuck cant hold a candle to the SEC.......over the past 5 years, in the major sports, the SEC has 10 of the possible 20 national championships.......
    if southern teams dont wanna agree to play games against pac 10 teams who is the once that DECLINES...they know they will end up with a loss...who denied it and get back to me

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Demo View Post
    if southern teams dont wanna agree to play games against pac 10 teams who is the once that DECLINES...they know they will end up with a loss...who denied it and get back to me

Why the hell would an SEC team want to go out of conference and play a piece of shit (non-ranked) Pac-10 team? Everybody knows that the Pac-10 sucks, except for people who pull for them This is 2010 bro and the SEC is where it's at. SEC

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    Description sounds a lot like Southern Cal...

Nice..

THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fuk Kiffin, Fuk USC, & Fuk the Pac-10!!! Why would UT agree to play these assholes??? If the coksukers came to Knoxville there would be a fukin riot!!! UT doesn't want mass mayhem & deaths on their hands.

rwsmith

The SEC will just hold off on playing them in the regular season and if any pac-10 team does well enough to make it to the championship We will have our pac-10 we will see who is better then.

chaseman
    chaseman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 562

So at the very least we have two sides in this argument:

on one side...
    Tennessee already has a full and (always) difficult schedule
    Kiffin left the Vols in poor shape (Recruiting has really accelerated, and Tenn has even grabbed some USC players)
    Most importantly, this Rivalry is NOT ABOUT THE PLAYERS. These are college kids, and a primadonna like Kiffin doesn't need to be bringing extra animosity to an already physical game.
    USC just got hit with all those NCAA sanctions. It wouldn't be a big feat to beat a team that lost scholarship players, can't play bowl games, etc. They have enough on their hands with a few more idiots getting arrested the other night on the strip (Cumberland Ave., where all UT sports players go to lose their scholarships)...

On the other side, people are saying...
    Tennessee are puss (Sure, the whole school and the rest of East Tenn are a giant, collective puss. Great argument)
    SEC doesn't stack up to PAC10 ( Gimme a break)

This is classic Kiffin, and everyone will forget about him and his sanction-riddled team soon enough.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I cant blame Dooley for not wanting to play this game. He was not UT's first choice to replace Kiffin and he has a huge mountain to climb to get the total support of the Alumni and fans.

Personally I like Dooley and I think given some time he may be a pretty succesful coach for UT. We will see

Killer_Demo
    209 Street-Tough

Quote Originally Posted by CBASS View Post
    Why the hell would an SEC team want to go out of conference and play a piece of shit (non-ranked) Pac-10 team? Everybody knows that the Pac-10 sucks, except for people who pull for them This is 2010 bro and the SEC is where it's at. SEC
    SEC declines games they know they'll have a chance of getting beat...who hands the papers but who doesnt sign the papers? answer that

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

most people in this thread have it right, one of the main things I've figured out on this site is that Pac 10 college football fans have a distorted view of college football that is vastly different than what the rest of the nation sees