Colorado -10 vs Colorado State in Denver
    UCLA -6 at Kansas State
    Missouri -10 vs Illinois at St. Louis
    Southern Miss at South Carolina -14
    Washington at BYU -3.5
    Oregon State at TCU -10.5
    Pitt at Utah -3.5
    Kentucky -7 at Louisville

These are 2 dogs that should be reversed!!

I'll be moneylining these two dogs come week 1

pinnacle212
    pinnacle212's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    These are 2 dogs that should be reversed!!

I'll be moneylining these two dogs come week 1
    There was a guy on here I was playing devil's advocate with regarding the UNC vs LSU. I am starting to like UNC more and more. I am not trying to cap it just taking some interesting notes.

LSU Defense: Only two that truly stand out on the defense for me is Kelvin Shephard. He had a 110 tackles and is a great ball finding linebacker. Patrick Paterson is also a great cornerback. He is a shutdown corner but last time I checked you need more than one corner. Safety Chad Jones is off to the NFL so a question mark is in the most important position in the secondary. Remember Chad Jones was a good run stopper as well.

UNC: Pro Defense. Enough said. They have about 4-5 guys that could have went pro last year. I will go in depth if need be.

Offense. Jordan Jefferson has not been to hot in the spring affairs I have seen. His backup Jarrett Lee is not that good either. The O-line gave up 37 sacks last year. Thats a loooot. They flat out have a terrible O-line. They are switching guys from guard to tackle vice versa. Z BOIZ can you give me some info on the center Bob Herbert. LOL A lot of the sacks can be contributed to Jefferson holding the ball too long. He will have to get it out of his hands vs UNC. They do have a couple of WR that can be productive. Brandon LaFell 57 recept 800 and Terrence Tolliver 53 recepts and 730. RB Richard played to games last year game 1 and 2. Did not play again. Steven Ridley is also inexperienced. Lot of talent (Cant get right)

Offense UNC: QB Yates flate out sucks 15 interceptions 14 touchdowns. It easy to see where the problem is. I am sure the coaching staff know this. Yates loves to throw into coverage. He would serve himself better to just take a sack. or throw it away. The offensive line is that good as well. They can hold off defenders long enough for Yates to throw interceptions. left tackle Carl Gaskins, left guard Alan Pelc missing some spring practice time. There backs Houston and Draughn are solid. 191 carries 713 9TDS and 124 carries for 567. Greg Little and Eric Highsmith are pretty good recievers 62 recpt for about 730 by Little.

LSU has better athletes on the offense. The O-line and inconsistent QB play has not allowed them to leave up to their full potential. They are going to take on great defense not a good defense. I think they will have a hard time keeping Jefferson off his back. His backfield is not tested. On the other side of the ball. If Yates can just play down and distance. Controlling the turnovers is key. LSU does not have quite the defense to force turnovers. Yates has the means to give them away.

Casey Barth #11 K Player of the game. UNC Good Kicker. Leaning UNC.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

"The Hat" is worth 2-3 losses every year. Does he get L #1 against UNC and a probably much better coached but less talented team the first week????? Gonna be worth watching. Leslie is gone this year in my opinion

pinnacle212

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    "The Hat" is worth 2-3 losses every year. Does he get L #1 against UNC and a probably much better coached but less talented team the first week????? Gonna be worth watching. Leslie is gone this year in my opinion
    This is a game I am probably going to stay away from but it would not surprise me to see them take a hit early.

I got a question for the Futures thread. If you had to pick today, just with your eyeballs. Who would you take. LSU or UNC

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

UNC will beat LSU, hopefully line goes down in September and can grab the Heels at a pick.

pinnacle212

UNC leads LSU 1-0 in the picks

rwsmith
    rwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

florida -9 over tenn 3rd week..

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Sorry. My error. It is Florida -9. Tennessee is going to get trampled this season. Oregon -3 is a steal. Florida -9 is tempting. Tennessee has no offense at all. Last year, they averaged over 29 points a game, which is pretty good, until you examing the numbers closely. They scored 65 points against Western Kentucky (the worst overall team in the FBS) and 56 against Memphis (2-10). Subtract those two patsies and Tennessee averaged 23 points a game, which would have ranked them around 87th in the nation. This season they have to break in a new QB, a new RB, and an entire new offensive line. Good luck with that.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by pinnacle212 View Post
    This is a game I am probably going to stay away from but it would not surprise me to see them take a hit early.

I got a question for the Futures thread. If you had to pick today, just with your eyeballs. Who would you take. LSU or UNC
    You hae to go with LSU and the points. You have two teams with poor offenses and good defenses. You have to figure a low scoring game. You also must figurethat the SEC is always going to get some play vs the ACC, so the line will change drastically. It could even reverse. UNC had the 83rd ranked scoring offense last year. LSU was not much better, at 76. Iddly enough , LSU had the #11 ranked scoring defense, while UNC was at #13.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by pats3peat View Post
    also where do you get the lines at, i cant find them anywhere.
    You will not find them unless you go to Vegas and the Golden Nugget. These lines are not offered by the off shore books, because they are afraid of getting middled. Iff shore books can not afford to take major hits. Half of them can not even pay off normal winners.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

fla should be -9 vs the vols, but you never know.

pinnacle212

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You hae to go with LSU and the points. You have two teams with poor offenses and good defenses. You have to figure a low scoring game. You also must figurethat the SEC is always going to get some play vs the ACC, so the line will change drastically. It could even reverse. UNC had the 83rd ranked scoring offense last year. LSU was not much better, at 76. Iddly enough , LSU had the #11 ranked scoring defense, while UNC was at #13.
    There is one key thing that is being overlooked. Last Year. UNC is bringing a lot more back on defense than LSU. Like I said Chad Jones was a good safety. You had a shutdown corner on one side with a Chad Jones over the top of the weaker guys. Chad is gone. I think up front the line of LSU that gave up 37 sacks will be key. They are shuffling chairs down at LSU on the offensive line. There is a clear advantage on the defensive side for UNC. You cant just say a two good defenses.

If you have capped the game and think all things are even, there is good value in LSU +3. I agree that the line will move. I dont know how much. if you think it will flip. Like you said middle could be real profitable.

Its early and lot could change.

Spring game. Both offenses are not that good. Will wait to see if anything changes.

UNC
    1 vote
    LSU
    1 vote

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

I would take LSU, having said that......I think LSU will be a huge disappointment this year but I am a big time SEC homer so I can list you a million reasons why the ugly purple and gold will probably win week 1. I wont be surprised 1 little bit if they dont though

pinnacle212

UNC
    1 vote
    LSU
    2 vote

pinnacle212

If the line was a pick could the books get even action on both sides?

foosh99
    foosh99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 304

I'm a big fan of TCU but I think 10.5 is a lot of points against a pretty decent Oregon state team

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

Oregon should roll too good of a running attack

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Normally I would say that LSU wins the game, but the fact is that Miles is such a bad coach, that in a close low scoring game, he will find a way to lose it. UNC by 1?

pinnacle212

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Normally I would say that LSU wins the game, but the fact is that Miles is such a bad coach, that in a close low scoring game, he will find a way to lose it. UNC by 1?
    I hate to go back to the previous year but LSU was losing to Troy 30+ at the half, almost lost to Miss State a ball reach across the goldline and they lose by 1 (no seconds left) They lost to Penn State by 2. Penn State didnt have a good offense. Miss State oh my goodness. They may have the worst quarterback in SEC. They do They do.

I still do not understand why this book would give LSU three points. Everyone that I know would pick LSU. What is the need to give 3 points when the action would be in LSU's favor if it were a pick?

I will probably stay away but its interesting.

UNC 1
    LSU 3

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

yeah no need for the points, gimme LSU ML

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

I hate to go back to the previous year but LSU was losing to Troy 30+ at the half, almost lost to Miss State a ball reach across the goldline and they lose by 1 (no seconds left) They lost to Penn State by 2. Penn State didnt have a good offense. Miss State oh my goodness. They may have the worst quarterback in SEC. They do They do. I still do not understand why this book would give LSU three points. Everyone that I know would pick LSU. What is the need to give 3 points when the action would be in LSU's favor if it were a pick? I will probably stay away but its interesting. UNC 1 LSU 3
    You also have to consider the other part of the equation. UNC! Its not like we are talking about some football power house that LSU will be playing. If we are gonna look back to last year lets look at UNC's season last year. Granted they have a much better coach than LSU they do not have near the talent that LSU has. Ever since Saban left LSU they have been a top recruiting program year in and year out. I dont think UNC has the horses to match up with LSU. UNC does have one major thing going for them which has been referenced several times.......Leslie is on the other sideline!

pinnacle212

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    You also have to consider the other part of the equation. UNC! Its not like we are talking about some football power house that LSU will be playing. If we are gonna look back to last year lets look at UNC's season last year. Granted they have a much better coach than LSU they do not have near the talent that LSU has. Ever since Saban left LSU they have been a top recruiting program year in and year out. I dont think UNC has the horses to match up with LSU. UNC does have one major thing going for them which has been referenced several times.......Leslie is on the other sideline!
    Miss State is not football powerhouse. I went to the school. MSU can sneak up an bite you. Just ask your Alabama Crimson Tide. I still cant get anyone to give me a reason why LSU get +3 points but and most people think they are gonna win. Moneyline is going to look real attractive to most gamblers.

Is UNC Defense carrying the load being overstated in this situation.

pinnacle212

Washington vs BYU -3.5.

Anybody have any insight on this one. I know Washington has that killer QB Locker. What did BYU's pass defense look like last year.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

There is one key thing that is being overlooked. Last Year. UNC is bringing a lot more back on defense than LSU. Like I said Chad Jones was a good safety. You had a shutdown corner on one side with a Chad Jones over the top of the weaker guys. Chad is gone. I think up front the line of LSU that gave up 37 sacks will be key. They are shuffling chairs down at LSU on the offensive line. There is a clear advantage on the defensive side for UNC. You cant just say a two good defenses. If you have capped the game and think all things are even, there is good value in LSU +3. I agree that the line will move. I dont know how much. if you think it will flip. Like you said middle could be real profitable. Its early and lot could change. Spring game. Both offenses are not that good. Will wait to see if anything changes. UNC 1 vote LSU 1 vote
    speaking of Chad Jones, did you see what happened to him early this morning. His football days may be over

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Washington vs BYU -3.5.

Anybody have any insight on this one. I know Washington has that killer QB Locker. What did BYU's pass defense look like last year.
    Byu is without Unga, Hall and TE, so wash +3.5 has some value

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lsu+3 and michigan -3 might have to make a lil road trip

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I trust Jefferson vs That Unc defense. I sure as hell dont trust T.j. Yates vs That LSU defense.
    Last edited by teaserpleaser; 06-25-10 at 03:12 PM.

pinnacle212

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    I trust Jefferson vs That Unc defense. I sure as hell dont trust T.j. Yates vs That LSU defense.
    Nobody can give me a logical reason LSU would be getting +3 points here.
    4 LSU
    1 UNC

Kirchner
    Kirchner's Avatar Become A Pro!

That UNC defense is much better then that unproved LSU D.

saints7011
    saints7011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

lots of insight here , can't wait for kickoff...

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

LSU has way more talent than UNC. Coaching is the only downgrade

ZBOIZ

If Les Miles lose more than 2 games this year he's done!

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by Kirchner View Post
    That UNC defense is much better then that unproved LSU D.

UNC defense is not what you people make of it.

ZBOIZ

There was a guy on here I was playing devil's advocate with regarding the UNC vs LSU. I am starting to like UNC more and more. I am not trying to cap it just taking some interesting notes.

LSU Defense: Only two that truly stand out on the defense for me is Kelvin Shephard. He had a 110 tackles and is a great ball finding linebacker. Patrick Paterson is also a great cornerback. He is a shutdown corner but last time I checked you need more than one corner. Safety Chad Jones is off to the NFL so a question mark is in the most important position in the secondary. Remember Chad Jones was a good run stopper as well.

UNC: Pro Defense. Enough said. They have about 4-5 guys that could have went pro last year. I will go in depth if need be.

Offense. Jordan Jefferson has not been to hot in the spring affairs I have seen. His backup Jarrett Lee is not that good either. The O-line gave up 37 sacks last year. Thats a loooot. They flat out have a terrible O-line. They are switching guys from guard to tackle vice versa. Z BOIZ can you give me some info on the center Bob Herbert. LOL A lot of the sacks can be contributed to Jefferson holding the ball too long. He will have to get it out of his hands vs UNC. They do have a couple of WR that can be productive. Brandon LaFell 57 recept 800 and Terrence Tolliver 53 recepts and 730. RB Richard played to games last year game 1 and 2. Did not play again. Steven Ridley is also inexperienced. Lot of talent (Cant get right)

Offense UNC: QB Yates flate out sucks 15 interceptions 14 touchdowns. It easy to see where the problem is. I am sure the coaching staff know this. Yates loves to throw into coverage. He would serve himself better to just take a sack. or throw it away. The offensive line is that good as well. They can hold off defenders long enough for Yates to throw interceptions. left tackle Carl Gaskins, left guard Alan Pelc missing some spring practice time. There backs Houston and Draughn are solid. 191 carries 713 9TDS and 124 carries for 567. Greg Little and Eric Highsmith are pretty good recievers 62 recpt for about 730 by Little.

LSU has better athletes on the offense. The O-line and inconsistent QB play has not allowed them to leave up to their full potential. They are going to take on great defense not a good defense. I think they will have a hard time keeping Jefferson off his back. His backfield is not tested. On the other side of the ball. If Yates can just play down and distance. Controlling the turnovers is key. LSU does not have quite the defense to force turnovers. Yates has the means to give them away.

Casey Barth #11 K Player of the game. UNC Good Kicker. Leaning UNC.
    Trust me guy LSU is stacked just like Bama and Florida. They just lack a head coach. When you look at recruiting you see LSU at the top every year. They have players for days. They just lack head coaching. And you heard it first here, if LSU lose more than 2 games Miles is gone.

LSU secondary should be better this year with Peterson and highly touted sophomore corner Maurice Claiborne on the other side. You also have the player of the yeaar from Texas in 2008 starting at Safety who should fill Chad Jones shoes, or even succeed it. This defense this year is full of talent. But the question is WILL THEY BE COACHED UP RIGHT ?????

ZBOIZ

I actually like LSU in this game BIG. They tend to play well in the Georgia dome. They also HAVE to win this game. AS AN LSU FAN IM TELLING YOU NOW MILES IS UNDER A HUGE MICROSCOPE!!!

IF MILES DONT WIN THE SEC WEST THIS YEAR HE WILL BE FIRED AND LSU WILL PERSUE BO PELINI!!

First 123 Last