BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

2010. The Last Year for Many Things.

2010 promises to be a very special season, because it is the last season for many Conference Rivalries. Nebraska moves to the Big 10 in 2011, leaving behind it's old Big 8 rivals like Colorado, Kansas, and Missouri. This is the end of the Big 12, so this will be their last Conference Championship game for quite a while, if ever. Texas must trael to Lincoln in what will obviously be the last game between these two teams that hate each other, for quite a while. That could turn into a blood bath. Colorado also leaves the conference, but their departure is not as serious because of the hard times their football program has suffered in the past 5 years or so.

Utah leaves the MWC to join the Pac 12, really hurting the MWC's chances of becoming a BCS Conference. While it is certainly possible, even likely that the BYU-Utah Rivalry will reamain just that, on a non-con basis, all of the other rialries are probably dead. The good news for Utah is that they had Pac 10 games scheduled for 2011-13, so they still can play their currently scheduled non-con games against teams like Boise State.

There will be a lot of games this season that will take on a special meaning. Obviously the Big 12 and MWC stand out, but the Big 10 and Pac 12 are also affected, because of the new divisions in those conferences. The Big 10 breaks up into an East (Indiana, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue,) West (Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Wisconsin) conference, so rivalries like Michigan-Minnesota (Little Brown Jug) will not be contested as often as they are now. There is a rumor that the Pac 10 splits the California teams into seperate divisions.

So this will be oe of two years that sees a tremendous change in college football. GAmes will be affected by all of this. The futures that came out at the Golden Nugget are amongst the most conservative that I have seen, favoring just about every home team in games that will be competitive (Nebraska -2.5 vs Texas, for example). I suggest that you obtain a copy of the Golden Nugget futures and study them. Get an idea of where the linesmakers are coming from this season. That should give you a pretty good head start.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 06-17-10 at 09:05 AM.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

last season of big xii champ game
    probably nail to the coffin to bury the actual bcs system and the beginning to the playoffs journey.
    the start of congressman to get involve in college football instead on doing their work (wait for some lawsuits how the actual model only benefits certain school, the lack of free competion, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)
    The power of the networks

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I do not see congress getting inolved at all. As a matter of fact, the opposite will happen. There will be less talk in congress because Utah, one of the ring leaders, is going to the Pac 12.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Going to laugh at Utah when they abandon their anti-BCS crusade since they are a BCS school now. Especially after all the crying from then and Boise.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    Going to laugh at Utah when they abandon their anti-BCS crusade since they are a BCS school now. Especially after all the crying from then and Boise.
    True, it will be interesting to see Utah's stance on this now. Its kind of like the girl in school who never looked good until she developed and then all of a sudden she was miss popular and got the attn of other guys. In the meantime she forgot where she came from and quit associating with the less popular girls and kind of left them behind for her newfound popularity

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Well, we shall see. Rumor control has it that the Texas Legislature is now pushing the Little 10 in take Houston, which means means they will need another team, which means TCU. I guess the fact that Houston has a 32,000 seat stadium does not enter into the picture when you get desperate. Utah's stadium holds about 45,000. Small by Pac 10 Standards, but bigger than Washington State, and about the same size as Oregon State. Colorado's Stadium holds about 54,000.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

I'm a little surprised by the Nebraska -2.5 over Texas line. I have to question whether Nebraska and Colorado are going to get many calls this season.

kalamity85
    kalamity85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 371

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    True, it will be interesting to see Utah's stance on this now. Its kind of like the girl in school who never looked good until she developed and then all of a sudden she was miss popular and got the attn of other guys. In the meantime she forgot where she came from and quit associating with the less popular girls and kind of left them behind for her newfound popularity
    love the high school analogy

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonal_98 View Post
    I'm a little surprised by the Nebraska -2.5 over Texas line. I have to question whether Nebraska and Colorado are going to get many calls this season.
    still Big 12 refs, yeap, very good point there

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The line does not suprise me if you look at all of the lines. OU is now a 1 point favorite over Texas. It is a home game for Nebraska, soI doubt that Texas gets any more calls than they did in the Conference Championship Game last season.