jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Tired of talking expansion

so who is gonna be this years surprise team? I would say Nebraska should/could exceed expectations but that isn't too much of a surprise. I also think LSU will negatively surprise meaning I think they will have a 7-8 win season and make 0 noise in the SEC. Who else has a chance to have that wow year?

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

and lets dont forget what ole Jimbo has going on down at FSU. I think they are poised to make a return to being relative again

jbrent95
    jbrent95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1450

I'm an Aggie living in Austin. I've heard nothing but expansion for 3 weeks. I think they cranked up the tornado warning sirens and activated the Emergency Broadcast System on Monday evening for all of the press conferences.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Nebraska is already receiving top 10 hype. Going to be hard for them to "surprise" or exceed those expectations, imo.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    Nebraska is already receiving top 10 hype. Going to be hard for them to "surprise" or exceed those expectations, imo.
    If they were to win the Big 12 and be a serious contender for Nat'l Champions I believe that would be a bit surprising to alot in the general public. Lots of teams start the season ranked high and most fall very short of the preseason predictions. I believe Nebraska will potentially be that team that just keeps on winning with good defense, solid offense.

The DiB

Quote Originally Posted by jwbama23 View Post
    If they were to win the Big 12 and be a serious contender for Nat'l Champions I believe that would be a bit surprising to alot in the general public. Lots of teams start the season ranked high and most fall very short of the preseason predictions. I believe Nebraska will potentially be that team that just keeps on winning with good defense, solid offense.
    True, could definitely see that happening, just think it is going to be hard for them to do all of that unless their offense improves.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

I like their coach. I was very impressed with the way that they played in the Big 12 title game last year as well. Now they did lose Suh but Pelini will have some guys to step into that spot (probably not as good) but solid.

Anyways I just wanted to talk football without talking expansion.

I hope to see LSwho lose miserably this year and see Leslie get fired!

The DiB

I like their coach. I was very impressed with the way that they played in the Big 12 title game last year as well. Now they did lose Suh but Pelini will have some guys to step into that spot (probably not as good) but solid.

Anyways I just wanted to talk football without talking expansion.

I hope to see LSwho lose miserably this year and see Leslie get fired!
    Hear you on that, only 78 days away from the Southern Miss/South Carolina Thursday night opener thankfully.

Only thing that worries me about the corndogs having a bad season is they may actually get a new coach who can actually... coach. Especially in a talent rich area like Louisiana.

cover1
    cover1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Neb will have a target on them when the hit the road, but in a weak big 12 (especially the north) they may end up with 10 Ws

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I can not consider Nebraska as a surprise. Florida State would certainly not be a surprise to win their division, but would be a surprise if they won 10 games and their conference.

I am looking at Georgia, and West Virginia to surprise. Both teams return 9 starters tot he offense. Georgia goes to a 3-4 defense to play to their stregnths, and West Virginia returns 9 starters on defense.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Bigdaddy, so you are telling me that come January Neb is in the title game you wouldnt be surprised? I would be only because every time we hear that "oh Nebraska is back" then they end up blowing some stupid game that they had no business struggling with.

Georigia would shock the crap out of me but I dont buy it that they will be dominant. WVU we will see.

stingray14
    My bookie thinks I'm a PRO
    stingray14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia, wisconsin, and Vtech

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

its a big year for Georgia and they certainly need to get it done this year

rwsmith
    rwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

what about arkansas...are they going to live up to their expectations or win a few early and get creamed in the heart of the sec season.

CLASSIC ROCK
    CLASSIC ROCK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

just don't think fisher is a good coach.really surprise me if fsu wins 7 games

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Wisconsin, and Geo are teams I think people should watch out for...

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    what about arkansas...are they going to live up to their expectations or win a few early and get creamed in the heart of the sec season.
    Ark could have the greatest offense in the world but as long as their D sucks like it has they will not win in the SEC......thats my opinion anyways

The DiB

Ark could have the greatest offense in the world but as long as their D sucks like it has they will not win in the SEC......thats my opinion anyways
    This.

They won't be sneaking up on anybody this year either.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    This. They won't be sneaking up on anybody this year either.
    I keep hearing all of this Ark hype and Ryan Mallet and yada yada yada. They are a very mediocre team who can win a surprise game or two if they get into a shoot out. I seriously doubt the good coaches will let that happen considering UF saw what could ( and should) of happened to them by playing this team soft. You attack the pass and they have nothing.

End of story Petrino.

Damnit im ready for football

Roll Tide

MathewXB
    Update your status
    MathewXB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

IMO Texas could have a decent season but not expecting another National Champ appearance or anything. As long as we beat Texas Tech and Nebraska I am ok with that.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by MathewXB View Post
    IMO Texas could have a decent season but not expecting another National Champ appearance or anything. As long as we beat Texas Tech and Nebraska I am ok with that.
    As a Texas fan you dont care about beating Oklahoma or TAMU?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

That is a rather strange post from a Texas fan. I agree that the chances of Texas getting back to the NC game are slim, but I thought that the two big Rivalry games were OU and A&M. Aparently, he is ticked off at Nebraska leaving the Big 12 (soon to be Little 10) and at Tubes for telling it like it really is in the Little 10. That is the only thing I can think of, unless he is into road wins.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Nebraskas D will be solid like last year. The question is if the offense steps up. O-Line has 2 guys that could have started last year but were hurt. O-line should be better this year