Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9590

Jim Tressel

No more about this guy being a great coach. He's good, no more. He can't devise a game plan to beat a quarterback from LSU who won't even sniff the next level.

Tressel is lucky that lousy ref made that bogus pass interference call against Miami in 2003, otherwise he'd be 0-3 in these games.

Terrible coaching performance.

And congrats to LSU backers for calling it right.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Tough to beat a team that, other than at RB, is better and more talented all over the field. Guy's been to 5 BCS games in 7 years, won a national championship with a significantly inferior team against Miami, and is 6-1 against Michigan. What else do you want? Still a great coach in my book.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Maybe his players started to believe the insults loaded on that DVD he gave them each for Christmas?

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Tough to beat a team that, other than at RB, is better and more talented all over the field. Guy's been to 5 BCS games in 7 years, won a national championship with a significantly inferior team against Miami, and is 6-1 against Michigan. What else do you want? Still a great coach in my book.

tress is awesome, but that miami win was fluke. pass interf call to win them the game was ridiculous.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Totally agree, except for the part about OSU having better RBs.

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by mofome View Post
    tress is awesome, but that miami win was fluke. pass interf call to win them the game was ridiculous.
    Definitely a BS call, but in terms of talent OSU shouldn't have even been in that game. Point is that Tressel's a great coach. I'm a UM fan... I'd love to say he sucks, but it's just not the case.

mofome

Definitely a BS call, but in terms of talent OSU shouldn't have even been in that game. Point is that Tressel's a great coach. I'm a UM fan... I'd love to say he sucks, but it's just not the case.

tress is top 5. i wish he would coach my vols so he could have lsu type players and a legit chance to beat the more talented teams.

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Totally agree, except for the part about OSU having better RBs.
    Not as deep at that position, but I think you could make a strong argument that, along with Dorsey, Beanie was the best player on the field tonight.

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

He's a great Big 10 coach but I don't think he could extend his talents to a better confrence. He only has a few games a year that his players are tested and if he wins 2 of them then he's in a BCS game. Hate the Big 10 and always will.

Buckeye
    Buckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9997

Its Tressell!!!

I'm sorry guys. Take it from a hardcore Buckeye fan we were out coached tonight. Tressell totally bailed on the running game and put QB Todd Boeckman in situations that were undeliverable. They were outplayed but I believe they were outcoached even more. In all honesty, this team did not belong in the Championship game and should have just went to the Rose Bowl and lost to USC and it wouldn't have mattered as much. Lets face it the Big Ten sucks but OSU is more pathetic with an 0-9 record against the SEC in bowl games.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

He's great for a Big Ten coach, and is the coach I'd most like to have in conference (including Rodriguez)...

As for the SEC he obviously would be towards the bottom, but they eat, breathe, and sleep football...

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by mofome View Post
    tress is top 5. i wish he would coach my vols so he could have lsu type players and a legit chance to beat the more talented teams.
    I agree.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers1230 View Post
    He's a great Big 10 coach but I don't think he could extend his talents to a better confrence. He only has a few games a year that his players are tested and if he wins 2 of them then he's in a BCS game. Hate the Big 10 and always will.
    Good point Tigers. By the way, I just moved from Memphis this past summer. Turned down Rhodes college asst coaching job.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

You guys are so goofy with this "Tressell is only a good Big Ten coach" What kinda sh*t is that..???? I hate OSU and most know that but Tressell is the best coach in college football this decade...

They were simply outplayed and the only coaching blunder I thought Tressell made was going for it on 4th down... He paniced like last year but he knows his team better then we do and he may have known he was out manned...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

He is a top 5 coach in all of NCAA football, the guy goes to back to back BCS championships games and still gets shit talked about him. This is so ridic, he went up against LSU and Florida which are two superior teams.

mofome

exactly, there were many coaches that envied his position, taking his roster up against those of UF and LSU the last couple seasons.

tress is a great coach.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

ohio state played a powder puff schedule this year.....youngstown state, akron, washington and kent state made up the non conference slate. they lost to an illinois team that got crushed in the rose bowl........ it is just more fodder for the "lets have a playoff" crowd that they got into a national title game again after such a piss poor schedule.......can we blame the coach for the schedule though?

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by idontlikerocks View Post
    ohio state played a powder puff schedule this year.....youngstown state, akron, washington and kent state made up the non conference slate. they lost to an illinois team that got crushed in the rose bowl........ it is just more fodder for the "lets have a playoff" crowd that they got into a national title game again after such a piss poor schedule.......can we blame the coach for the schedule though?
    And LSU lost to unranked Kentucky, and unranked Arkansas (who was throttled in their bowl game)
    Missouri lost to Oklahoma........ twice
    Kansas lost to Missouri
    West Virginia lost to USF and Pitt, then beat up on Oklahoma
    Georgia didnt even win their own division
    USC lost to Stanford
    Virginia Tech couldnt score on a middle school defense

Point is, everyone had bad losses and not many of them played a tough OOC schedule...

I think the best 2 teams in the country, when healthy, are WVU and USC... but injuries cost them chances at the NC game, USC with Booty out vs Oregon, and WVU with White getting hurt against Pitt