fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Handicapping books...

I feel like there are no books on gambling theory on college football and most of it is statistical picking. I am currently reading stanford wong's book and I feel like it's just basic things. The charts do help though.

Is there something out there that gives advice on picking non-statistically for example: sandwich games, let down games, bounce back games, trap games and televised weekday games. I feel like there is more value to those types of situations that have no statistical edge.

I mean how many times has a ranked opponent lost on a televised weekday espn game to a non-ranked opponent? I think alot more than they statistically should, right??

Or am I just crazy in thinking of handicapping games based on those things?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Basically you re looking for things that are pretty common knowledge. Let's talk about "sandwich" games. They are pretty obvious. Alabama plays Penn State at home on 9/11 this year in a huge non-con game. They go to Arkansas two weeks later. "Sandwiched" in between those games is a trip to Duke. There is a perfect example of a sandwich game. Letdown games are just as easy to find. Florida has a huge game at Alabama on 10/2. That following week, they host LSU. The question is how "let down" will Florida be after playing such an emotional game against Alabama. Trap games are, for the most part, figments of peoples imaginations. Every time there is a line movement or an opening line that they do not understand, they call it a "trap" game. The truth of the matter is that there are very few "trap" games played each season, and 85% of the gamblers would not know a trap game if it stared them in the face. Televised weekday games only offer an edge to home team, and that is considered when the odds come out. As far as ranked opponents losingto non-ranked opponents, there is no statistical difference between that happening on a weekday than a weekend. You just tend to remember the weekday upsets because that is the only game on T.V.that day.