jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

texas and oklahoma to the SEC?

thats what they are talking about now. that would just be fukin crazy. the SEC is already fun to watch. im from wisconsin and im a big fan of the SEC already. I think however they should go to the PAC 10 where they can light up the scoreboards easier than on defenses like Alabama LSU florida and so forth.

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

While it would be great to see the matchups if they did join the SEC, it would not be in their best interests. With the conference championships, if would be almost impossible for more than 1 member of any conference to make the BSC title game. Pac 10 or PAC 16 is a better fit competition wise.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

watch out for Texas, they will want to run your league

jhack704

gafl i completely agree and thats kind of what i was saying. i hope neither of them go their. it would be fun to see tc and ok play against some of them high scoring pac 10 teams though

gafl
    gafl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 706

JH, as far as a gambler and fan, I would love to see a top 20 super league, but it does not make financial sense for the schools.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

i want both oklahoma schools and aggies on the sec, texas can go to the pacific

Flying Dutchman
    Floggings continue until morale improves
    Flying Dutchman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

Bone-heads, if Texas moves da Aggies go with them...

...go ask 'em.

rwsmith
    rwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

I dont think it is neccessarily the case that aggies move with texas...Gene stallings said friday he didnt believe the aggies would nor needed to piggy back ANY team to ANY conference

Flying Dutchman
    Floggings continue until morale improves
    Flying Dutchman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 759

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    I dont think it is neccessarily the case that aggies move with texas...Gene stallings said friday he didnt believe the aggies would nor needed to piggy back ANY team to ANY conference
    This from a bama guy.

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

too much talent, I mean in several recent years this would have put the top 3 teams in the same conference or 3 of the top 4 in the same conference .... like this year FL/Bama winner gets Texas in the championship, what if one of those three hadn't even made the conference title game this past year in this new hypothetical SEC

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

sec is already the best conf there new tv deal will be crazy if that happens

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

It seems as if all of this talking is just conjecture at the moment. What we do know is that the Pac 11 has made offers to Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State. We also hear a lot of rumblings about Texas A&M going into the SEC, so the SEC can get a foothold in Texas and expand their T.V. Market.

Then the fun starts. A&M regent and former Alabama lover Gene Stallings says that A&M does not have to follow Texas. Texas then attempts to put Texas Jr. in his place by saying that they would no longer schedule games with Jr. if they go to the SEC and Texas Sr. goes to the Pac 10. Meanwhile, cousin Tech appears to be headed for the Pac 10 no matter what else happens.

On top of all of this, let us not forget Commish Beebe, who is working "feveroishly" to save the Big 12 (now reduced to the Big 2 + 8) conference. While this is rather hard to believe, this is what the man says. The rumors about Texas and OU going to the SEC continue to swirl around. Teams take the official "we will do what is best for our school" line, which means "we will get the most money we can while still trying to look good".

The good news is that we should have some type of resolution by Wednesday. With Nebraska's jump to the Big 10 + 2 effective in 2011, teams are going to have to reschedule their games for 2011. Some teams more than others. If, for example, Texas joined the Pac 10, they already have a game scheduled in Pasadena against UCLA. What a great way to open the new conference. Texas in the Rose Bowl. Actually, that game is scheduled on 9/17 and would not be the new conference opener. Cal is scheduled to play at COlorado on 9/10, and with Colorado definately in the Pac 11, that game is assured of being played. But other teams will have to completely redo their schedules. Do not forget the likes of the two Kansas teams, Iowa State and Missouri, plus Baylor, who are on the outside looking in right now, conference wise, though conferences like the MWC and CUSA are ready to pounce. Stand by.....
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 06-14-10 at 08:35 AM.

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

They are going to the Pac-10. It's amazing how the Pac-10 actually stood up and got rid of the Big 12 conference. I never thought I would see something like that occur.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5284375

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

Newest report this morning (Monday) says Texas isn't going anywhere.

As Mae West once said: "Hold on, boys, it's going to be a bumpy ride."

If this story turns out to be true, it's one big mess with the Pac-10 and Big 10 looking like complete idiots.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    Newest report this morning (Monday) says Texas isn't going anywhere.

As Mae West once said: "Hold on, boys, it's going to be a bumpy ride."

If this story turns out to be true, it's one big mess with the Pac-10 and Big 10 looking like complete idiots.
    i think the big12 will stay a little longer, but they'll be adding 2 more teams (houston, tcu, colorado st, utah?)

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

If that story is true, the Big 12-2 looks like the biggest fools of all. They get drawfed money wise by the SEC, Big 10+2 and Pac 10+2. The Big 12-2 has a non-competitive conference. If they add two Texas teams, that means OU goes to the North, where they win the divisional title every year. Texas wins the South, 9 years out of 10. Now other than the OU-Texas game, that makes for some real boring football. Networks are not going to shell out big money for that. On top of all that, the Big 12-2 still has to cow tow to Texas, and their puppet Commish Beebe. How pathetic. The Big 10 succeeded in getting their 12th team, and it was a good team. The Pac 10 succeeded in expanding it's T.V. market. Both conferences will add Conference Championship games to their schedule, and have a much more competitive conference than the Big 12-2 will have. The SEC is already way ahead of the Big 12-2. The Big 12-2 is the big loser in all of this, no matter how it turns out. They still look like a bunch of losers brown nosing Bevo's arse.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Dutchman View Post
    This from a bama guy.
    Coach Stallings played at A&M..coached there...and is currently on the Board of Regents. So he has roots.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Texas and Florida State already had their chance to join the SEC back in the 90s. They both didn't want any part of the SEC, so the SEC got Arkansas and South Carolina. Not sure why either of them would want to join now.

Plus, Slive pretty much said the SEC won't make the first move. IMO, only way they do make a move is if the Pac 10 expands to 16. And if that happens, more than likely it'll involve OU and Texas moving to the Pac 10. Given that, I'd be surprised to see OU or Texas in the SEC.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

I sure hope this gets worked out the right way. I hate the idea of these super conferences. The 1 thing that makes college football so special to so many people is the rich tradition. The super conferences will kill that.

Bigdaddy, are you for the moves or would you rather everything stay put the way it was?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I am really torn here. On the one hand, it would be alot easier scheduling wise, if each conference stays at 12 teams. On the other hand, the conferences would be a lot more stable if they expanded to 16 teams.

We all know that this is nothing more than a money grab. If the Big 12-2 expands, and takes two Texas teams, no matter who those teams are, the Big 12-2 is going to head down hill in a big hurry. They simply will not be competitive. OU and Texas will win everything for the forseeable future. They will NOT get the big fat T.V. contract that they are looking for, because no one is going to shell out big money to see a bunch of meaningless games between also-rans. Who is to say that we do not face this situation again in a year or two?

On top of all of this, there is the Big East fiasco. They have 8 teams. Do you allow an 8 team conference to continue to be considered a BCS Conference, when every other BCS Conference has 12 teams and a Conference Championshop Game? Their non-BCS Bowl tie-ins have basically been cut down to nothing. When your biggest non-BCS Bowl Game is the Champs Sports Bowl, you have a major problem.

I am afraid that the Superconference idea is here to stay. It is the only way to guarantee stability in College Sports for the near future. As much as I would like to see a 12 team conference, it is aparent that a 12 team conference is just a near term "fix it" approach. We may as well do everything now.

jhack704

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I am really torn here. On the one hand, it would be alot easier scheduling wise, if each conference stays at 12 teams. On the other hand, the conferences would be a lot more stable if they expanded to 16 teams.

We all know that this is nothing more than a money grab. If the Big 12-2 expands, and takes two Texas teams, no matter who those teams are, the Big 12-2 is going to head down hill in a big hurry. They simply will not be competitive. OU and Texas will win everything for the forseeable future. They will NOT get the big fat T.V. contract that they are looking for, because no one is going to shell out big money to see a bunch of meaningless games between also-rans. Who is to say that we do not face this situation again in a year or two?

On top of all of this, there is the Big East fiasco. They have 8 teams. Do you allow an 8 team conference to continue to be considered a BCS Conference, when every other BCS Conference has 12 teams and a Conference Championshop Game? Their non-BCS Bowl tie-ins have basically been cut down to nothing. When your biggest non-BCS Bowl Game is the Champs Sports Bowl, you have a major problem.

I am afraid that the Superconference idea is here to stay. It is the only way to guarantee stability in College Sports for the near future. As much as I would like to see a 12 team conference, it is aparent that a 12 team conference is just a near term "fix it" approach. We may as well do everything now.
    yea no one will beat texas or oklahoma. every year it will be them 2 and then one other team. but that team will lose in the big 12 champ game anyway. i guess i always forget about the other sports too like bball but these schools pretty much are the top in t here too

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

this is such a headache. three writers say one thing, then two others say something completely different. the media is lovin this

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

So I guess OU,UT, OSU, and A$M all staying put in the Big 12

rwsmith
    rwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

texas has been pulling a media stunt this whole time from the looks of it

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    texas has been pulling a media stunt this whole time from the looks of it
    would be a pretty smart move if true, talk about remaining center stage in the national spotlight