TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Virginia Tech for the 1st half

hey guys,

just wanted to share my thoughts with you on the KU/VT game. Being a KU fan and giving you my thoughts all year has been great and I hope to end the season with a winner for all of you. When looking at the line for the game, I don't like either side. What I do like is VT for the 1st half at -1. I like this pick for the simple fact that good defense always overshadows good offense early on, especially when the good offense is from a team who has not experience anything like this before. Remember, these are 18-22 year old kids playing in the biggest game of their life. I witnessed what happened at Arrowhead during the Missouri game and our players were rattled. I see the same thing happening here but I do see us coming out in the 2nd half and playing well. Mangino is an expert at halftime adjustments and with an extended halftime, i look for him to take full advantage of this. My play for this game is VT for the 1st half. Good luck boys!

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gambler,
    Thx for weighing in on this one. This is one of my favs for Bowl season & hope it's a hell of a game. I like your capping on the 1stH.

GL on this one & your wagering year.

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

thanks nevadaside. I would be foolish if i sat here and told you to put your money on the hawks. I do believe we have a good chance but like i said, i don't like either side in this game. i wish i was going to be at the game but i couldn't quite afford the $1,000 trip. I'm glad you are excited for it and i pray that it is one of the better bowl games. good luck my friend

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Gambler, like your half pick. I like VT for the game, but I think there is a huge coaching mismatch here so I don't think I would go heavy on the game. Mangino and his staff will make good halftime adjustments as you mentioned. I actually see VT possibly getting up 2 scores by half, but then KU pulling it close in the 2nd. I need a decent win after tonight, OU killed me for the 2nd straight year. I thought all the intangibles were there for OU this year. Additionally, MU's game gave me some additional confidence about the quality of OU's wins this season.

heineken
    heineken's Avatar Become A Pro!

BOL Tomorrow, I might have to take your advice and put some on the first half./..

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Congrats on KU, Gambler. It does make losing bets easier when your team wins. I will admit, I felt KU was overrated most of the year. But tonight they showed they belong and have an outstanding defense as they have for quite a few years. The finally got an O that was servicable in big games. As a KSU fan, I am hoping Mangino sheds about 200 lbs so other teams start looking at him. He is an outstanding coach. If he doesn't leave soon, we K-staters are going to need start a pizza fund and try to kill him off.