imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Buddybear can I get your thoughts on the Ohio St/LSU game?

The more and more I think about this game, the more and more I like the Buckeyes man..

You're an avid follower of college football as am I, but I know you follow Ohio St closely.

Would like your opinion on this one sir.. Thanks

Jimmy Tomatoes
    Jimmy Tomatoes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Osu / Lsu

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    The more and more I think about this game, the more and more I like the Buckeyes man..

You're an avid follower of college football as am I, but I know you follow Ohio St closely.

Would like your opinion on this one sir.. Thanks
    I am an Ohio Man at Heart but Ohio State has no business being in this game, besides having Beenie Wells, Vern Gohlstein and Laurinitais they have no business being in this game, they stroked their way through the year, god knows how and now they are really gonna get embarrassed for the National Championship. Speed Kills my Friend and so does Perriloux he will eat up our Secondary.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Boy, i have a ton of thoughts on this. I am going to my aunt's house for new years eve in like 30 minutes so I'll have to get back to you.

I'll have some thoughts for sure.....

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Thanks BB..

Perriloux is not going to start is he???

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I really don't know about this game. This seems like a true toss up. As you know, I don't think the Big Ten is that great, but PSU and UM did play well although Ill and UW both lost as well. I'd give a slight edge to LSU in this game since it is at home and LSU plays very well inside the SUperdome. LSU also has played a more overall difficult schedule and has great team speed. I would say they probably have a slight advantage at QB as well

However, OSU should be ultra motivated for this game considering they were blown out by 34 pts last year in the championship game. They are also better coached and feature the better defense. Jim Tressel has made it a point to remind his players about last year's game all season long so I really expect a good effort from OSU. If we see another SEC blowout then we'll have to conclude that the B-10 lacks the speed to compete with the top tier teams.

I guess i might look toward the under in this game just b/c both defenses are pretty solid.

I still need some time to think this one through....

I just can't figure this one out.
    Last edited by BuddyBear; 01-02-08 at 02:07 PM.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I really like Ohio State to win this game outright. Bowl results have only strengthened my opinion. I think OSU defense shuts LSU down in this game.

OSU shut Michigan down completely, then Michigan rolled up 600 yards against Florida (not a great defense, yes, but it was still impressive).

A lot of people pointing to OSU's loss to Illinois, but what about LSU losing to Arkansas?

I'll take Tressel and the points.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    I really like Ohio State to win this game outright. Bowl results have only strengthened my opinion. I think OSU defense shuts LSU down in this game.

OSU shut Michigan down completely, then Michigan rolled up 600 yards against Florida (not a great defense, yes, but it was still impressive).

A lot of people pointing to OSU's loss to Illinois, but what about LSU losing to Arkansas?

I'll take Tressel and the points.
    I totally agree. LSU's offense plays more into the hands of OSU's defense than Florida did last year. LSU will line up in the I alot and try to pound it between the tackles. OSU defense is taylor made for that. They are sick and tired of being called slow and unathletic compared to LSU. LSU is a bit overrated this year. I think OSU wins outright.

Tigers1230
    Tigers1230's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

???

I don't know how anyone can say LSU is overrated. They have also been hit with injuries throughout the year. Do you really think OSU is going to be able to run between the tackles with a healthy Glen Dorsey (a DT who was talked about for the heisman!!!!). I'm not a huge fan of LSU but there is no way a BigX team can keep up with them. I think the only way they can stay in it against LSU IN NEW ORLEANS is by getting turnovers and big plays early. If they can take the crowd out and try and wear down LSU's defense then they might have a shot. I think LSU wins this one 30-14.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by Tigers1230 View Post
    I don't know how anyone can say LSU is overrated. They have also been hit with injuries throughout the year. Do you really think OSU is going to be able to run between the tackles with a healthy Glen Dorsey (a DT who was talked about for the heisman!!!!). I'm not a huge fan of LSU but there is no way a BigX team can keep up with them. I think the only way they can stay in it against LSU IN NEW ORLEANS is by getting turnovers and big plays early. If they can take the crowd out and try and wear down LSU's defense then they might have a shot. I think LSU wins this one 30-14.
    The same reason I can say Memphis Tigers are overrated every year. They are supposed to compete for the National title after beating up on Conference USA teams and then they flop or go to the NIT.

Tigers1230

wow

wow, that's all I can say. This is the type of arguement from someone who does not follow sports. Guess 2 straight elite 8's and ranked #2 in the nation, after beating the #4 team by 16, just is flat out overranked. People like you are impossible to explain sports to. I will just leave it at that and let you come back with some other dumb response.

The Seer

wow, that's all I can say. This is the type of arguement from someone who does not follow sports. Guess 2 straight elite 8's and ranked #2 in the nation, after beating the #4 team by 16, just is flat out overranked. People like you are impossible to explain sports to. I will just leave it at that and let you come back with some other dumb response.
    I guess you should explain sports to me since I know nothing considering I have been a professional athlete and still coach.

The Seer

Do you really think OSU is going to be able to run between the tackles with a healthy Glen Dorsey (a DT who was talked about for the heisman!!!!).
    Funny, Arkansas did. I would say OSU is even more capabe.

Tigers1230

Yes, Arkansas did, in overtime to a beat up LSU team. Look at what a healthy LSU squad did to VT. All I'm saying is that I think OSU needs to get some big turnovers and play flawless to pull out a win.