suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

Quote Originally Posted by coloradobuff View Post
    I think colorado will go to pac 10..kansas will likely go to acc..same with k state..who knows about iowa state and baylor..
    why the hell would kansas , k-state, iowa state, and baylor go to the ACC lmfao. Some of those schools will get picked up by the MWC no way hell they go all the way to the ACC lol

waco66
    Canucks -1.5
    waco66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Colorado was never part of the pac-10 discussion
    everyone is reporting colorado going to pac-10 due to their big market

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

The SEC will expand. I don't think they will have a choice but to go to 16 teams. Logistically, the 4 previous mentioned teams will be a good fit. Money talks, gentlemen, and college football monies talk loud.

coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by suckerforparlays View Post
    why the hell would kansas , k-state, iowa state, and baylor go to the ACC lmfao. Some of those schools will get picked up by the MWC no way hell they go all the way to the ACC lol
    I think Iowa State and Baylor land in Mountain west..

nebraskasux
    nebraskasux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Colorado was never part of the pac-10 discussion
    Are you high? They've been part of the discussion since the beginning, when it was Colorado and Utah, not all the Big 12 South schools. Colorado to the Pac-10 is a done deal, even if Texas and the others say no (which is very unlikely, it WILL be the Pac-16 in 2012). Then the Pac-10 will just take one other school to go along with Colorado (probably Utah).

rwsmith
    rwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does Notre Dame see any value in joining a conference...What if the BCS rules change in such a way after the conference shuffle that they are all but forced to make a move.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Tomato, you are way off on this. Do some research before you go mouthing off. I have more points than you, so if you insist on giving your points away, you are on. If not, just go away.

As for Colorado, again, do some research before posting people. If your are posting an opinion, just say so. Colorado to the Pac 10 is a near certainty. According to numberous sources, they will be joined by Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma, and will become one division in the Pac 16 along with Arizona and Arizona State. The original Pac 8 schools will form the other division.

Many expect that the Big 10 will expand in pieces, so to speak. The next step could be taking a Big East School. One Big 10 option is already off the table. They can not take Notre Dame and stop at 12 teams. Sothey must decide whether or not to try and keep pace with the Pac 10 or not. If they decide to do so, the SEC and ACC are forced to do the same. If not, then the Pac 10 will get more bowl tie-ins than the other conferences.

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

what about if the sec contacts both oklahoma schools and add 2 acc schools, that would be terrific

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Since Colorado has accepted the Pac 10, I think that clears that one up.

I saw someone say that the SEC could also be looking at Missouri. But down here I have only heard the 4 ACC schools for weeks now.

I think Notre Dame is being pushed into a corner and will have to choose a conference.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Since Colorado has accepted the Pac 10, I think that clears that one up.

I saw someone say that the SEC could also be looking at Missouri. But down here I have only heard the 4 ACC schools for weeks now.

I think Notre Dame is being pushed into a corner and will have to choose a conference.
    Excellent post and spot on. My guess (and at this point, it is only an educated guess) is that Notre Dame gets forced into the Big 10. With games against Michigan, Michigan State, and Purdue already on their schedule, this makes sense. If the Big 10 takes Pitt, that means that 4 teams already on the Irish schedule will remain so. Add USC, Navy, and Boston College and you have 7 out of 12 games on the Irish yearly schedule that would not change.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

an exert from a CFN article...

How will Notre Dame fit into the picture?

If the Irish aren’t going to the Big Ten right away, they’ll likely sit back and wait until the smoke clears. There’s no real hurry or urgency to join a league. Money isn’t a problem, the football team is no position to contend for a title in the Big Ten, SEC, or Pac 10, and everyone around there loves the independent status. Again, assume the Big Ten expands to 14 now and leaves the door open for Notre Dame to come join the party in a few years. However, Notre Dame’s biggest issue could be scheduling, considering it books games and matchups several years in advance; it’ll have to break several contracts to join a league. Notre Dame will almost certainly be in a conference at some point in the next five years, but don’t assume it’s going to be the Big Ten. The SEC will have its say in the debate before all is said and done.

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Where could Louisville fit in this? It seems like they could be an SEC fit.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

The SEC's situation is different than the Big 10+1. In order for the Big 10+1 to grow financially all they have to do is expand their network into more homes, which is why they just took a new market in Nebraska. The SEC on the other hand, gets about $204 each year from that $3 billion TV contract they signed with ESPN/CBS. The 12 teams split that $204 million. The SEC isn't going to just add 2 schools just for the sake of adding 2 schools. Why would the SEC want to share their contract revenue with more teams who don't add anything?

Allegedly, the SEC only expands if they add NEW markets. If they do add new markets, they'll be able to renegotiate their current contract for more money (via a clause Mike Slive supposedly put in their contract with ESPN and CBS). This is why the Texas schools, along with Virginia Tech, are much more appealing to the SEC than Clemson and Georgia Tech. The SEC already has the states of South Carolina and Georgia, while they don't have Texas and Virginia. Clemson and Gtech don't bring anything new.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

wheres tomato at? tomato, tomato, come out come out wherever you are you fooooooooooooollll

coloradobuff
    coloradobuff's Avatar Become A Pro!

What a wonderful day. I may have to play a game of Pac Man today!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

ESPN Radio said Virginia Tech & Texas A&M to SEC

then another media outlet says A&M and Texas to Big 10 with Oklahoma to SEC

wow

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and have petitioned for membership, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.

KCTV5's sources said that Texas and Texas A&M do not have to include Texas Tech or Baylor in their plans. Sources told KCTV5 that there have already been discussions about the two schools entering the Big Ten and that the agreement could be made as soon as Thursday.

Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said. TMZ Sports has reported that Oklahoma State is likely to accept a bid to move to the Pac-10 . Earlier Thursday, Colorado accepted an invitation to join the Pac-10.

KCTV5's sources also said that some Big 12 officials are saying decisions on which deals Big 12 schools take invitations by the end of the day Thursday, although the deals may not be officially announced. Big 12 officials also tell KCTV5's sources that some Big 12 office employees are planning to be without a job within weeks.

Those decisions would leave the University of Kansas, Kansas State University and the University of Missouri with Baylor, Texas Tech and Iowa State in the Big 12. The Missouri Board of Curators met Thursday and planned to meet Friday to discuss the future of Missouri sports.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Tomato
    Tomato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 618

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Tomato, you are way off on this. Do some research before you go mouthing off. I have more points than you, so if you insist on giving your points away, you are on. If not, just go away.
    Tomato doesn't believe he is allowed to take wagers on this seeing as his post outlining the wager was deleted.

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by Tomato View Post
    Tomato doesn't believe he is allowed to take wagers on this seeing as his post outlining the wager was deleted.
    you lost. you said nebraska had not received an invite from big ten and was not going to. zero for two, now back to the bench and wait for your next at bat where you might actually make contact and not strike out twice on six straight pitches that you swung and missed at

Tomato

Quote Originally Posted by hoopster42 View Post
    you lost. you said nebraska had not received an invite from big ten and was not going to. zero for two, now back to the bench and wait for your next at bat where you might actually make contact and not strike out twice on six straight pitches that you swung and missed at
    http://www.bigten.org/

Where is the invitation hoopster?

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

Everything is official with Nebraska now:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5276551

The Big 12 is dead. More teams to jump next week.

Tomato

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonal_98 View Post
    Everything is official with Nebraska now:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5276551

The Big 12 is dead. More teams to jump next week.
    Damn Tomato wishes he could have taken the action. Wasn't official until after the deadline he had posted.

hoopster42

Damn Tomato wishes he could have taken the action. Wasn't official until after the deadline he had posted.
    you clearly said nebraska was not going to get an invite and you were wrong, Sir

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

I heard Gene Stallings on the radio this afternoon. He is on the Board for Texas A & M. I kinda got the feeling that he would love A&M to go to the SEC. He said that they are a big enough school to where they don't have to follow Texas' coattail. But admitted he hadn't looked at the offers the school had and whichever one is the best for A & M is the one he will go with. If its the Pac 10 then that's where they will go.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

Nebraska doesn't have and won't receive a Big Ten invitation.
    we have a genious here. he can see the future!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Just admit that you were wrong on this, as you usually are about everything. You were sure that Nebraska was not going to join the Big 10 and you were absolutely dead wrong. Stop making a fool out of yourself. Man up.

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Just admit that you were wrong on this, as you usually are about everything. You were sure that Nebraska was not going to join the Big 10 and you were absolutely dead wrong. Stop making a fool out of yourself. Man up.
    he should change his name to "tomato CAN"

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

geez Tomato, you seemed so sure Nebraska wouldn't go to Big 10

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by scarp View Post
    geez Tomato, you seemed so sure Nebraska wouldn't go to Big 10

he's clueless, clearly

goblue12
    goblue12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 453

Here's hoping that the Pac-10 stops at 11 and hears the wrath of insults from the ignorant SEC trolls regarding...

A) The Rose Bowl
    B) Not having a 12th team

ronjon619
    California Uber Alles
    ronjon619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 144

Quote Originally Posted by goblue12 View Post
    Here's hoping that the Pac-10 stops at 11 and hears the wrath of insults from the ignorant SEC trolls regarding...

A) The Rose Bowl
    no way. with sc going on probation they need to land some big fish

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Hmmm.. I wonder if Texas would ever give up some of there money and make it fair. I understand they should get paid more than any other team, but they think they have to run the show.

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking forward to having Nebraska in the Big Ten, would love to make a trip out to Lincoln for a game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by goblue12 View Post

A) The Rose Bowl
    Obviously that is not going to happen. If it did, the Pac 10 would deserve what it got. But they are taking Utah, so you can out that thought out of your head.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

this has been an exciting off season for college football.

First 123 Last