2Pac
    2Pac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Navy/Utah - Navy just screwed. Refs deserve to be fired.

What the hell was that call? Guy fumbles before he reaches the goal line, and the ball hits the pylon in the air.

If it Hits the pylon in the air = fumble out of the end zone = TOUCHBACK.

Instead they say the call on field stands and the ball is placed on the 1/2 yard line.

I swear to god these replay officials are incompetent.

2Pac

Oops;. Wrong forum!

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

go ahead and shout it everywhere, maybe we could just vote by text on what we want the call to be, since their is little reasoning going on by the striped men behind doors

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

That play did not matter

Quote Originally Posted by 2Pac View Post
    What the hell was that call? Guy fumbles before he reaches the goal line, and the ball hits the pylon in the air.

If it Hits the pylon in the air = fumble out of the end zone = TOUCHBACK.

Instead they say the call on field stands and the ball is placed on the 1/2 yard line.

I swear to god these replay officials are incompetent.
    That fumble did not matter unless some of us had Navy on the ML. Navy did get a touchdown in the last 2 minutes to send the game over the total. I am sure that if a ref makes a bad call in your favor you would be happy. It's just part of the game and sometimes we got too much money involved in a game. We have all won and lost money on bad calls.

2Pac

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    That fumble did not matter unless some of us had Navy on the ML. Navy did get a touchdown in the last 2 minutes to send the game over the total. I am sure that if a ref makes a bad call in your favor you would be happy. It's just part of the game and sometimes we got too much money involved in a game. We have all won and lost money on bad calls.
    I'm going to disagree here.

The fumble was clear as day, and should have been called a touchback. This wasn't a phantom penalty call, or some other bullshit un-reviewable call. This was reviewed, and the officials admitted to getting it wrong after the game.

Navy starts on the 20 yard line, I would bet they win that game. Instead, they started on the 1 yard line and had to run a QB keeper just to get away from the goal line. Navy offense cannot afford to do this, because when their down/distance gets off of schedule, they're in trouble. Instead of starting on the 20 and being able to use the whole playbook, they're forced to run a keeper and get into 2nd and long.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Moved to the proper forum.

BAMABETTER
    BAMABETTER's Avatar Become A Pro!

"" WELL SAID ""

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

i find this comment idiotic and childish.
    i had utah in this game. i think the call on the field was understandable. i cannot understand what the hell the replay officials are doing though. some of us gamblers actually want the referees to get the calls right!! the officials gave the ball to utah on the 1/2 yard line instead of navy on the 20. how can you argue this was insignificant?

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

move along kids, nothing for u to see here anymore!!! those MFers caused me a parlay! MOVE ONE!

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

They admitted after game they blew the call. What else is new.

The officiating crew from the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl has acknowledged an error in a fourth-quarter call that affected Navy's chances to beat Utah.

The crew and replay official, all from the Mid-American Conference, issued a statement after the game that a fourth-quarter play at the goal line should have been ruled a touchback and Navy ball at the 20-yard-line, rather than Utah ball at the 1-yard-line.

After turning the ball over on downs, Utah scored on its next possession to go ahead 35-25 and held off Navy's late comeback to defeat the Midshipmen, 35-32, on Thursday night.

On third and goal from the 4-yard line, Utah wide receiver Jereme Brooks caught a pass from Brian Johnson. As he extended the ball toward the goal line, he was hit by Navy cornerback Ketric Buffin. The ball fell forward and hit the pylon.

Initially, the referee ruled that the ball belonged to Utah at the 1-yard line. Navy called for a review, but the review official confirmed the call on the field.

After the game, the crew admitted it was the wrong call.

"The ball was fumbled forward and hit the pylon. The pylon is out of bounds and also in the end zone," read an official statement from the officiating crew, citing Rule 8, Section 6, Article 1, Item 1 in the NCAA college football rule book. "There was a mistake made. It should have been ruled a touchback and the ball should have been placed at the 20-yard line."

Navy took over on downs, but then gave the ball back to Utah on downs, and the Utes scored on a one-yard run by Darrell Mack on for a 35-25 lead with 1:27 to play.

Navy scored on the ensuing possession and recovered an onside kick, but the Middies' drive for a tying or winning score was ended by an interception.
    Last edited by pokernut9999; 12-23-07 at 09:51 AM.