swifty
    swifty's Avatar Become A Pro!

"Hey, I am Rocco. I am here to give you my advice on who you should pick. You may ask why you should bother listening to me...well, last year I picked 70% of the winners ATS. So, before you make your picks, listen to the advice from this pro!"

Poinsettia Bowl : Utah vs. Navy

The Navy Midshipmen set sail with a new head coach. It is full steam ahead for the triple option under the former assistant coach that is now head coach. This rushing attack matches up well against a Utes defense that had problems against the run. Both of these teams have a history of good bowl performances with the Utes winning 6 straight. The Midshipmen put an end to that streak.

Straight Up: Navy

Against the Spread: Navy +8.5

New Orleans Bowl: Florida Atlantic vs. Memphis

Quick trivia – What is the nickname of FAU? Maybe the only thing you may about them is their well known coach, Howard Schnellenberger, who is looking to remain undefeated in bowl games and give FAU its first bowl win in history to go along with its first Sun Belt Conference title. After a slow start the Memphis Tigers went on a roll and finished tied for second. Let’s roll with the better team from a better conference.

Straight Up: Memphis

Against the Spread: Memphis +2.5

Papa John’s.com Bowl : Southern Miss vs. Cincinnati

I guess the winning school gets free pizza. This game is going to be a blowout as senior QB Ben Mauk torches the Golden Eagles . Eagles coach is “stepping down” after this game and while his players may try to send him out on a positive note, they just cannot match up against the Bearcats.

Straight Up: Cincy

Against the Spread: Cincy - 11

New Mexico Bowl : Nevada vs. New Mexico

This is one of the best early bowl games on the schedule. The Lobos get to play this one at home, where they went 5-1 this season. They are disappointed about not being able to go to a “better” bowl game which is often a sign of potential let down. The Nevada Wolf Pack broke in a freshman QB and have been averaging over 36 points this season. They lost four games this year by less than a TD. Despite this game being at home, I am looking for the Pack to get a close victory

Straight Up: Nevada

Against the Spread: Nevada +3

Las Vegas Bowl: BYU vs. UCLA

TGFTSKBTI (This Game Features Two Schools Known By Their Initials). The met early in the year and the Bruins won by 10. Now BYU has won 10 straight and the UCLA had a season of ups and downs. Has BYU really gotten that much better since their early loss. Talent difference to strong to lay those points in what I think will be close game. If I am going to take the points I might as well pick UCLA to win.

Straight Up: UCLA

Against the Spread: UCLA +6

Hawaii Bowl : Boise State vs. East Carolina

The Broncos could back up their perfect season last year that included a BCS win over Oklahoma. However, they did have a good season and they have a strong team with experience playing on the island. The boys from Greenville, NC probably could not spell or find Hawaii on a map. Send these Eastern NC boys to paradise and the last thing on their mind will be football.

Straight Up: Boise State

Against the Spread: Boise State -10.5

Motor City Bowl: Pudue vs. Central Michigan

The Boilermakers and Chippewas meet for the second time this year. It was an easy win for Purdue at home but they ended the season with 3 straight losses. CM went on a nice run to end the season and offense is much improved. While I do not like the Big 10 teams this year, the ease at which the first game was won matters to me, but I cannot lay more than a TD. So it’s a split decision.

Straight Up: Purdue

Against the Spread: Central Michigan +9

Holiday Bowl: Arizona State vs. Texas

Every time I hear the name Colt McCoy, I get an image of a bunch of old men at a local diner in Texas with good ole boy Colt being the center of conversation. While he has the ideal name and Texas pedigree, Colt and Brown will get out classed and out coached by Carpenter and Erickson. The Longhorns secondary blows, which is good news for Carperter. An easy victory for the Sun Devils.

Straight Up: Arizona State

Against the Spread: Arizona State +2.5

Champs Sports Bowl: Boston College vs. Michigan State

This smells a little like one of those trap games where you know BC is the better team, but they have to be disappointed about the end of the season and not going to a BCS game. Regardless, Matt Ryan is a stud and will be playing on Sundays next year. The Spartans got into this game because they “travel well” which translates to maximum money for a lame bowl. Look for the BC players to rally send Matt Ryan off with some bowl record numbers.

Straight Up: Boston College

Against the Spread: Boston College -3.5

Texas Bowl: TCU vs.Houston

The only thing notable about this game is that this is probably the shortest distance any two teams have to travel. The Cougars have lost seven straight bowl games and they lost their coach at the end of the season. Houston will have some rival motivation but the Horned Frogs are the better and more motivated team.

Straight Up: TCU

Against the Spread: TCU -3.5

Emerald Bowl: Maryland vs. Oregon State

This game provided one of the toughest decisions for me because my analysis has strong points for both teams. So I flipped a coin and got the Terps.

Straight Up: Maryland

Against the Spread: Maryland +5

Meineke Bowl: UConn vs. Wake Forest

Coach Grobe had a semi Bobby Cremins episode just after the end of the regular season. He has decided to remain at Wake which is great news for the Deacons players and fans. Coach Edsall is another name on the top of lists when it comes to filling vacancies. He has done a good job with the Huskies, but neither him nor his team is as good as Grobe and the Deacs. Look for a back yard bashing.

Straight Up: Wake Forest

Against the Spread: Wake Forest -3

Liberty Bowl: UCF vs. Mississippi State

Given that this is the first bowl appearance by the Bulldogs in seven years, they have already had their victory. They are going up against a physical high scoring team with one of the best running backs in the country. Any Notre Dame alumni wishing they had looked the other way with George O’Leary resume issue. I think they pay UCF to trade with them now. Kevin Smith and the Knights will roll.

Straight Up: UCF

Against the Spread: UCF -3

Alamo Bowl: Penn State vs. Texas A&M

The Aggies had a wild ride under Franchione (he resigned right after beating Texas in the last regular season game). This game features a coach that will just be the Aggies Head Coach for this one game going against one of the greatest coaches in college football history. All signs point to the Nittany Lions except for the fact that they are not a good football team worth backing. Remember the Alamo and look for the Aggies to circle the wagons and get it done.

Straight Up: Texas A&M

Against the Spread: Texas A&M +5.5

Independence Bowl: Alabama vs. Colorado

Despite Bama losing its last three, I am not going against the Tide and Saban. This one is easy.

Straight Up: Alabama

Against the Spread: Alabama -3.5

Armed Forces Bowl: California vs. Air Force

What is up with the Golden Bears? Looks like the hangover from the finish the year before carried over into this year. I enjoy watching Air Force play and wish I could back them in this bowl game. Regardless of Falcons great season and motivation to win this game, the talent difference is too much to overlook.

Straight Up: California

Against the Spread: California -3.5

Sun Bowl: South Florida vs. Oregon

These teams share one thing in common, they both had false #2 rankings at one time this year and lost when they got that ranking. I like Oregon in this game but the loss of QB Dennis Dickson is a difference maker for them. It is enough to make me think that USF will win this game but not cover.

Straight Up: South Florida

Against the Spread: Oregon +6.5

Humanitarian Bowl: Georgia Tech vs. Fresno State

The blue turf will be the feature of this boring match up. Paul Johnson doesn’t arrive to Tech until 2008. Look for Tashard Choice to run all over the Bulldogs and for the Jackets defense to control the Fresno State offense.

Straight Up: Georgia Tech

Against the Spread: Georgia Tech -4.5

Music City Bowl: Kentucky vs. Florida State

Kentucky played in this bowl last year and beat Clemson. They had hopes of moving beyond this bowl but some late season losses put them back here. Woodson is better this year than he was last year and the Seminoles continue to get public attention based on their past. Take the present.

Straight Up: Kentucky

Against the Spread: Kentucky pick

Insight Bowl: Indiana vs. Oklahoma State

The Hoosiers are a great story playing inspired football this season. Unfortunately they are playing an Oklahoma State team that had some losses as a result of some injuries. The Cowboys led the Big 12 in rushing and the Hoosiers are poor against the run. The team speed edge is to the Cowboys as well.

Straight Up: Oklahoma State

Against the Spread: Oklahoma State -4

Chick-Fil-A Bowl: Clemson vs.Auburn

I look forward to this game every year. I love a Chick-Fil-A sandwich and the match up between these two teams. The Tigers vs. Tigers and Tommy vs. Tommy will be a battle that will be decided by who wins in the trenches. Auburn has a tough defense, poor offense and has beaten Clemson the last 12 times they have met. Clemson features two stud running backs and a more open offense. Despite the fact I like Tuberville over Bowden, my gut tells me Clemson will win this game.

Straight Up: Clemson

Against the Spread: Clemson -2

Outback Bowl: Tennessee vs.Wisconsin

Bucky the Badger better take full advantage of New Year’s in Tampa beause he is going to be suffering on New Year’s Day. The Vols pound the Badgers.

Straight Up: Tennessee

Against the Spread: Tennessee -3

Cotton Bowl: Missouri vs.Arkansas

In the battle of the Heisman have nots, both of these players will take a back seat to the press that has been stolen by new Razorback coach, turncoat Bobby Petrino. How can anyone want to play for such a loser. Despite the distraction, McFadden is a stud and will carry Arkansas to a victory over a very good Missouri team that should be playing where Kansas is playing.

Straight Up: Arkansas

Against the Spread: Arkansas +3

Gator Bowl: Texas Tech vs.Virginia

The Cavs have a month to figure out how to slow down the Red Raiders attack. It is going to be a difficult task for Howie Long’s son, Chris to hold that offense to 19 points (what the Cavs average giving up per game). I think that Red Gun offense is too much but the Texas Tech defense is not all that great either.

Straight Up: Texas Tech

Against the Spread: Virginia +6, Over 59

Capital One Bowl: Michigan vs.Florida

I am sick of Michigan, Tim Tebow and Capital One commercials. One of the biggest spreads in the bowls this year for a reason. Big Blue blows bigtime.

Straight Up: Florida

Against the Spread: Florida -10

Rose Bowl: Illinois vs.Southern Cal

Many think that USC is in national championship form. There is no doubt that the Trojans have a good enough team to win this game but they do have some holes and have been exploited. Illinois and Juice Williams will make this one worth watching and will keep it close.

Straight Up: USC

Against the Spread: Illinois +13.5

Sugar Bowl: Hawaii vs.Georgia

The public thinks this game is another mismatch just like they thought the Boise St – Oklahoma game was going to be lopsided. The top tier of the WAC plays some exciting football. The Bulldog players are more focused on not getting the nod to play in the Championship than the fact they are facing the person that holds most of the NCAA passing records and should have won the Heisman. The Warriors defense is much improved this year over years past. Georgia is not known for lighting up the score board, but the Warriors will show them how to do it.

Straight Up: Hawaii

Against the Spread: Hawaii +8

Fiesta Bowl: West Virginia vs.Oklahoma

I think that Oklahoma should be in the title game against LSU. They are a very good and focused team going up against a squad that lost as a 28 point favorite at home. There is no way to back a team that did that and has a coach that may or may not be there come game time.

Straight Up: Oklahoma

Against the Spread: Oklahoma -6.5

Fiesta Bowl: West Virginia vs.Oklahoma

I think that Oklahoma should be in the title game against LSU. They are a very good and focused team going up against a squad that lost as a 28 point favorite at home. There is no way to back a team that did that and has a coach that may or may not be there come game time.

Straight Up: Oklahoma

Against the Spread: Oklahoma -6.5

Orange Bowl: Kansas vs.Virginia Tech

Kansas does not deserve to be in this game and they will show why in primetime for all to see. The Hokies have an awesome defense and their QB play has been solid of late. The better team, the better coach and better talent win this one easily.

Straight Up: Virginia Tech

Against the Spread: Va Tech -3.5

International Bowl: Ball State vs.Rutgers

Why do we have to watch this and why is this game not on Decembler 20?

Straight Up: Rutgers

Against the Spread: Rutgers -10

GMAC Bowl: West Virginia vs.Oklahoma

The oddsmakers have posted a total of 76 for this game which is by far the highest total on the board. Both teams feature high scoring offenses and poor defenses. It should be an entertaining game to watch and there could be more than 100 points scored. In the end, Tulsa will have more points.

Straight Up: Tulsa

Against the Spread: Tulsa -4

BCS CHAMPIONSHIP: LSU vs.Ohio State

The BCS is a joke and this championship game will be too. I heard some experts asking me to compare the 40 times of both teams and notice there is not much difference. Ummm have you seen both teams play? Team speed, team talent and the location of this game make this one a no brainer. Look for some prop wagers to make this game interesting.

Straight Up: LSU

Against the Spread: LSU -4

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Who's is Rocco?