BAMABETTER
    BAMABETTER's Avatar Become A Pro!

easy money with navy

am i missing something ? good thing i'm not the odds maker
    in the poinsettia bowl. cause if i was. navy would be a 7 pt.
    fav. instead of a 8 or 10 pt. dog. unless i'm bad wrong (and i don't think i am) navy will win this game straight up.

morrow
    morrow's Avatar Become A Pro!

That is what I thought at first glance but Utah has a pretty good defense and Navy does not. I am just concerned that Navy can keep up the scoring. Other concern is Utah has experience playing Air Force which they could learn from going into a Navy game. I like the under better

Morrow

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

How will Utah not score on every possession against that phantom defense?

ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd give utah the edge here, if obtainable at -7.

Tho San Diego is a Navy town, with lots of Annapolis alums, so they should be out in force. Utes play in Mtn West, so know the stadium.

Don't think the new Navy coach will be a neg, the players seem to have bonded with him already.

Still, I'm leaning to the fave, not always a wise thing to do in the bowls. Ute coach is 2-0 SU in bowls

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

It always worries me when I hear people say "am I missing something...." especially in this case the idea that Navy would be a 7 pt fav on a neutral field to Utah is just so unbelievably ridiculous.

Not sure if you noticed, but North Texas, one of the worst teams in D1-A (maybe the worst outside of FIU), put up like 60 pts on this defense.

That being the case, NAVY has played very well in bowls and military teams are very strong ATS (19-6 ATS in their last 25 games). Utah is good, but they struggle when they get outgained on the ground (2-18 ATS in their last 20), and that almost certainly will be the case this Thursday....

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by morrow View Post
    That is what I thought at first glance but Utah has a pretty good defense and Navy does not. I am just concerned that Navy can keep up the scoring. Other concern is Utah has experience playing Air Force which they could learn from going into a Navy game. I like the under better

Morrow

Good point morrow. however, AF beat them by 8 and did so at their stadium no less in what turned out to be a pretty good Utah team.

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

I think Utah wins this by 14 or more... Navy is up and down, one game they can look great, the next they can barely beat the worst of teams... Utah is a very solid squad who should be able to put up around 42 on Navy and force the Middies to play catchup, which is never easy when you run the option

rmcaj
    rmcaj's Avatar Become A Pro!

Navy is a joke. They have no quality wins with a shitty defense. Take the points and have fun with that one...I'm with Utah. I don't even think this will be close. 38-21 final.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8365

I was on Navy big but know I'm not sure. Neither has a quality win. Someone mentioned the utah/Airforce game didnt AF win that game and dont Navy lead nation in rushing? I dont know may just leave alone!!!

jackpot269

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    I was on Navy big but know I'm not sure. Neither has a quality win. Someone mentioned the utah/Airforce game didnt AF win that game and dont Navy lead nation in rushing? I dont know may just leave alone!!!
    I forgot about Utah beating UCLA!!

jackpot269

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    I forgot about Utah beating UCLA!!
    Lost 2units on that one!!!!!!!!!