onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

Papajohns.com Bowl - Southern Mississippi vs Cincinnati

Birmingham, Alabama - December 22, 2007, 1 p.m. EST - ESPN2 HD

Lets get the discussion going on this bowl game between Southern Mississippi and Cincinnati.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

Bearcats certainly got a raw deal getting stuck in this bowl. Ranked 20th and in the second or third lowest paying bowl.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Bearcats really got screwed gettin stuck playin S Miss. Brian Kelly will have these guys fired up. This is the most lop sided Bowl this year. They might win by 40. Cinci 45 - 3

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

cincy will cover.

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Cinci, but I hate betting on teams that feel like they got shafted with the bowl game selection... S. Miss is happy to be in this game for many reasons, the game is in Alabama - where there should be a ton of S.Miss fans, not to mention dogs winning 60+ percent of bowl games. Cinci is the better team, but giving double digit points in this scenario is a little scary.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Don't forget Southern Miss has a quick defense that likes to apply a lot of pressure on the QB. Plus, Cinci feels like they got screwed by being stuck in this game. I'm leaning towards Southern Miss, but think I'm going to lay off this one.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by abacus30 View Post
    I like Cinci, but I hate betting on teams that feel like they got shafted with the bowl game selection... S. Miss is happy to be in this game for many reasons, the game is in Alabama - where there should be a ton of S.Miss fans, not to mention dogs winning 60+ percent of bowl games. Cinci is the better team, but giving double digit points in this scenario is a little scary.
    This scares me. I think anyone looking at the records and stats and whatnot know Cinci is the better team by a mile, but how much energy will a team that feels screwed over have in a relatively meaningless game? Thinking +11.5 and the fave ML might be a play here, as I can see Cinci starting sluggish and doing just enough to win.

outdrawed
    outdrawed's Avatar Become A Pro!

"not to mention dogs winning 60+ percent of bowl games"

They win, or they cover?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

So far this one looks good for the Cincinnati backers.

I had a lean on Southern Mississippi (Had them set at +7), but didn't bet it. With me also having a lean on Navy, my bowl season capping is looking sluggish. With Navy (no bets, but a lean) covering, Memphis losing (had ML), and now Southern Mississippi having a hard time.

Still lots of time in this one though.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm not on this game, but referees are, once again, shockingly bad.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

no xxxxxx ooooooooo . but coach with a --will work for food sign-- thats the winning side!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Southern Mississippi came up with the cover in this one by 1 point.

Cincinnati 31
    Southern Mississippi 21

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm glad I passed on this one because I would have definitely taken Cincy. They got off to a bad start and played the rest of the game just trying to escape with the win.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

just kick the F$#%ing field goal instead of going for it on 4th & 2 or whatever the F#$^ it was.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Was telling somebody where I was watching the game this morning, a 31-21 final would be awesome. And it was.