onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Brut Sun Bowl - South Florida vs Oregon

El Paso, Texas - December 31, 2007, 2 p.m. EST - CBS

Lets get the discussion going on this bowl game between South Florida and Oregon.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Its a rout South Florida 41 - 13

Ted Stickle
    Ted Stickle's Avatar Become A Pro!

S.Florida by 10.

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

South Florida arguably has the best secondary in the NCAA and who's Oregon going to have at QB - baby LEAF?!?! I see turnovers happening all over the place. Alternately, USF has a gritty QB that makes plays with his feet and his arm. I don't think Oregon is happy to be in this bowl... they thought they'd be in the National Championship a few weeks ago. USF is happy as hell to be in a bowl game period and wants to let the rest of the country know they're for real and here to stay. I'm all over USF!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I would of took Oregon ML if Dixon was playing, but then again, I don't think Oregon would be the dog.

abacus30
    abacus30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Posted by BEARMZ in another post:

OREGON: Quarterback Nathan Costa (12/3, knee)(would have been BU to Dixon) is expected to miss the Sun Bowl on 12/31 against South Florida. Quarterback Brady Leaf (12/3, sprained ankles) is expected to miss the Sun Bowl. Quarterback Dennis Dixon (12/3, torn ACL) will miss the Sun Bowl on 12/31 against South Florida. Running back Jeremiah Johnson (12/3, torn right ACL)( 6 g played-5TDs) is expected to miss the Sun Bowl on 12/31 against South Florida. Wide receiver Cameron Colvin (12/3, broken right ankle)(3 starts 2TD) is expected to miss the Sun Bowl on 12/31 against South Florida. Wide receiver Brian Paysinger (12/3, right knee)(started 1st 3 g ) will miss the Sun Bowl on 12/31 against South Florida. Linebacker John Bacon (12/3, torn ACL)(started 1st 9) is expected to miss the Sun Bowl.

So anybody know who Oregon is starting at QB??

randomscreams
    randomscreams's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by abacus30 View Post
    So anybody know who Oregon is starting at QB??
    I believe they're starting Justin Roper, a redshirt freshman.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

I like South Florida in this spot. My prediction is USF by at LEAST 14.

BUCK82
    BUCK82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wait now, think this game thoroughly. Both squads were ranked at #2 at some piont in this season and actually thought they would be playing for the National Title. Oregon lost who I thought would win the Heisman if he stayed healthy Dixon. For all you out there on the west coast, don't sweat, no Leaf's little brother is not going to play. He has a long way to go in a Spread Offense. Oregon is going to start the redshirt freshman QB Roper. Yeah he struggled against UCLA when he replaced Leaf, but he had a good week of practice before they faced Oregon State and has worked with the #1 offense over the last month (that time frame could closely resemble Spring Practices or even Fall Two a day practices). By the way, Mel Keipper did get the memo and yes he will go crazy breaking down the players on defense for both squads when the April Draft comes. Rothe has not been as sharp as he was when he started the season. They guy has 8 picks in the last 4 games. I see Oregon controlling the clock with Stewart running and taking 6 points is pretty generous and Oregon is my pick.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll buy 3 points, South Floria -3 for this one

bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

SHoot, Oregon couldn't score since Dixon went out. Will 30 days rest help? Probally, They might score 10 points this week. Maybe a little more since S. Florida will score often giving Oregon more chances. I agree with most here, S. Florida in a rout!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I did have Oregon at a -1, but with Dixon out I can't back them. So I would lean South Florida -6 in this one. I have the total set at 59, so the over would be the lean with it being 53.

No plays for me. Good luck everyone.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line moved down to -5.5 Don't understand why people are taking oregon in this one.. Oregon is on their 3rd or 4th string QB.. I like South FL -5.5

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9422

Anti-Big East play for me. Oregon +6.

South Florida up and down all season, and lost to UConn! Think the line is double what it should be.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

lost to Uconn cause the cold weather thou

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

USF always finds a way to fuk up, I'm on Oregon

harsh506
    harsh506's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

wow the ducks r just lettin usf have free yards on this drive

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I finally have a winner this bowl season, it's about damn time.

Seattle Slew

Nope, they were overrated all season. Big East teams really getting pounded.

Quote Originally Posted by DaColts View Post
    lost to Uconn cause the cold weather thou

Seattle Slew

First easy winner for me. Had Air Force up 21-0 and lost that one. Never relax in these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    I finally have a winner this bowl season, it's about damn time.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alright SS, I'm trying to forget about the AF game. There's no need to remind me.

Jimmy Tomatoes
    Jimmy Tomatoes's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by abacus30 View Post
    South Florida arguably has the best secondary in the NCAA and who's Oregon going to have at QB - baby LEAF?!?! I see turnovers happening all over the place. Alternately, USF has a gritty QB that makes plays with his feet and his arm. I don't think Oregon is happy to be in this bowl... they thought they'd be in the National Championship a few weeks ago. USF is happy as hell to be in a bowl game period and wants to let the rest of the country know they're for real and here to stay. I'm all over USF!
    I hope that you are 12 years old and just barely started reading the newspaper Kid otherwise stay off your dad's labtop
    Last edited by Illusion; 12-31-07 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Remove insulting title

MoneySportsGuy
    MoneySportsGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow all I saw in this game was yellow - yellow Nike shoes Oregon players, yellow gold helmets for USF and yellow flags, never saw this game unfolding how it did

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

My smallest bet of the bowl season turns out to be the easiest. Figures.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I didn't see this coming with Dixon not playing. Oregon just destroyed South Florida.

South Florida 21
    Oregon 56