onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Insight Bowl - Indiana vs Oklahoma State

Tempe, Arizona - December 31, 2007, 6 p.m. EST - NFL Network

Lets get the discussion going on this bowl game between Indiana and Oklahoma State.

RJBucs
    RJBucs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 337

Go Hoosiers!!!

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

give me a total in the 60's and I'll nail it over

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Over....neither team plays defense.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

5 ot's to decide this one!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

This is going to be a high scoring game but i think Oklahoma St. has the edge in this one. Look for them to make a few more big plays then indiana's bunch. I also think they will win the turnover battle. Look for the cowboys to win this one.
    37-30

fredtheturd
    fredtheturd's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think IU stands a chance! Their wins come from relatively easy MAC & puny Big 10 teams. OSU had to work for their wins. Coming from a bully Big 12 conference they are the tougher of the two teams. 4/6 of their losses were to ranked teams, and most of those were pretty close games considering. My score prediction is more like 44-24 OSU.
    Last edited by fredtheturd; 12-03-07 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typo

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Over....neither team plays defense.
    With you, BB!!!

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

wow 68.5 total at the greek

that's a bit high imo

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

indiana cover.

THE_JONES
    THE_JONES's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think indiana will cover.

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Indiana folds against any decent team. They should stick to BBall.

Ted Stickle
    Ted Stickle's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cant trust Ok St in this one so Indiana and the points.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29934

Indiana, along with some other Big10 teams, will be surprise a lot of people. I think the big10 will be over 50% against the spread in the bowls when they play the no respect card.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I agree hhsilver. I think the Big Ten is in position to do some damage. I played Indiana +4 myself and look for a good effort from them. These two teams are very similar although OKST has underachieved badly this year. Indiana can certainly keep up with OKST offensively, defensively both teams are suspect. I think we are going to see a very good effort from the Hoosiers in this game....

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

459 Indiana ML +160

ppdougla
    ppdougla's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like IU on the money line...the Hoosiers defense has played decently against offenses w/ mobile quarterbacks (Illinois & Minnesota), while OSU has played not great against these teams (awful loss to Troy and tough loss at A&M)...also, no one will be able to stick with 6-7 James Hardy, especially the 116th ranked pass defense...last thing, Indiana's first bowl in forever...i likethe hoosiers

ppdougla
    ppdougla's Avatar Become A Pro!

something else i didnt realize...bowman is out for the game and zac robinson is DTD

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

"bully Big XII conference"...I nominate that junk for post of the year

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    459 Indiana ML +160
    I like the call Looker! I too will be betting the Indiana ML on New Years Eve! Let's Go Hoosiers!

BUCK82
    BUCK82's Avatar Become A Pro!

I analyze this one like this. Indiana met it's goal of "Playing 13". This will be their first bowl trip in 14 years and all the while will be feeling that this season is a success. As for OSU, 5th bowl in 6 years and beat an SEC opponenet last year. Their record stinks at 6-6 and they know that a bowl loss would be a HUGE disappoint to this year with so many high hopes. OSU has more offensive weapons and has been more competitive versus a top ranked schedule. OSU will win this one by at least a touchdown.

mopack
    mopack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Indiana has the offense to put up points in bunches. I see this as a close shootout type game. The Hoosiers are definitely going to be prepared and excited for this game, 'playing 13' in memory of coach Heoppner. IMO Indiana pulls this one out in the end. Take the points.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you love defense this is not your game.. Take the over 68 points in this one..

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Hoosiers are playing 13 but can they win 8??

This game could be the shootout of the bowl season imo!! Okie State has a very explosive offense and struggles on D while Kellen Lewis, James Hardy, and Co. can light up a defense that hasn't seen that kind of speed! Getting some time to get RB Thigpen (4.2 speed) should help IU even more!! I still see the Cowboys as being more battle tested and they've played a much tougher schedule! As potent as IU is offensively, they can't stop the run and Okie State should control the ball at will. Look for Indy to answer score for score but Oklahoma State gets the win 41-36

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I liked OSU before I came into the thread to win and cover.. NOW I LOVE THEM!!!

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Hutchens@The Indianapolis Star
    TEMPE, Ariz. -- It would appear the $1.25 million Indiana University is guaranteed for playing in Monday's Insight Bowl would be a benefit to the athletic department.

The reality is that the money doesn't go too far. After paying for travel, lodging and unused tickets, IU athletic director Rick Greenspan said Saturday the Hoosiers hope to break even.
    "I'll feel really good if, when it's all figured out, that we break even on the bowl game,'' Greenspan said. "The long-term benefits, I think, will be very noticeable, but in the short term it's pretty much a break-even.''
    The greatest cost is paying for IU's 300-person traveling party that includes the team, the band, cheerleaders and school officials. The band and cheerleaders arrived Saturday on two charter planes. The team and other school officials arrived Thursday on two charters.
    Greenspan said the cost for the charters is about $600,000. Add hotel expenses and IU's expenditures on unused tickets and the number likely nears $1.25 million. As of Saturday, IU had sold approximately 8,500 of its 10,500-ticket allotment. If that number stays the same, IU would owe $110,000 for the unused tickets.
    "I think the bowl people here are very happy with our turnout and I think the word is spreading about how easy our people are to work with, and how accommodating Bill (Lynch) and his staff have been,'' Greenspan said. "I think things like that will only help us next year if we're back in this situation again.''
    i remember UofL having an article like this last year when they went to the Orange Bowl, saying it was costing more to go to the game then they were getting.
    600 grand for 4 airplanes seems high to me. i know they wouldn't do it, but i'm sure you could get 300 round-trip tickets for $500 a piece, probably cheaper if you're buying that many, for only 150 grand, then you could just pack all the equipment in a U-Haul and have someone drive it there.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    i remember UofL having an article like this last year when they went to the Orange Bowl, saying it was costing more to go to the game then they were getting.
    600 grand for 4 airplanes seems high to me. i know they wouldn't do it, but i'm sure you could get 300 round-trip tickets for $500 a piece, probably cheaper if you're buying that many, for only 150 grand, then you could just pack all the equipment in a U-Haul and have someone drive it there.
    I think that figure is quite inflated too... I do think it's not as profitable as one might think though... I used to hang out with our (UT's) student body president at that time anyway and we used to get stoned and go look at the books for the budget which is of course public information...

We looked at them because that topic of conversation came up and it's really not as profitable as you think... Anyone who is a student can go and look at the books to find out more details...

This guy had a 160 IQ and may have been the smartest over all guy I have ever met... He was like Gachow as far as math but seemed to know to some detail about damn near every topic... Take an inquizitive mind like his and access to certain files and we had a blast snoopin' around...

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

OSU is not consistent enough to trust in them to cover a 7 pt spread..

LUNT101
    LUNT101's Avatar Become A Pro!

I go to IU and have watched every game this season.

OKLAHOMA STATE WILL COVER THIS GAME.

Our defense is WAY TOO SMALL and it will show against an extremely high-powered offense in Oklahoma State. If you look at games in which we played big offense lines and good running backs, we got murdered (i.e. Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan State). We beat Purdue off of pure emotion to get the bowl game bid...they were better than us.

Don't get me wrong, K-Lew and Hardy will make their mark and the Hoosiers will score some points. However, the Hoosiers running attack is ABYSMAL. Marcus Thigpen was a preseason All-American kick returner because of his great average per return from last season, but this season he was complete garbage and regardless of his speed, he is NOT A GOOD RUNNING BACK. No vision, and he can't hit the hole without gaining a ton of momentum first (see: Kick returns). The Hoosiers one-dimensional offense won games against Indiana State, Western Michigan, Akron, Iowa, Minnesota, Ball State, and the Purdue game I mentioned...while losing to Illinois, Mich. State, Penn State, Wisconsin and even Northwestern. I will say it again... A team with a strong offense and balanced attack will DESTROY our secondary and we can't stop the run because our defensive line and linebackers are TINY.

Believe me, Oklahoma State is the pick tonight.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by ppdougla View Post
    something else i didnt realize...bowman is out for the game and zac robinson is DTD
    Oklahoma State Coach Mike Gundy on the status of wide receiver Adarius Bowman, who missed the final two games of the season due to injury:

“Adarius has practiced well, and I would consider him to be full speed. We’ll see how he holds up with the fatigue factor, but I think he’ll play well and have an opportunity to make some plays.”
    Last edited by LUNT101; 12-31-07 at 02:50 PM.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    I like the call Looker! I too will be betting the Indiana ML on New Years Eve! Let's Go Hoosiers!

You seem to know those Hoosiers bro, I'm a puss so I took the handicap @5.5.

GL to us today my friend......

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Lookers ML plays have not faired to well this bowl season yet. In fact they only did not win they didn't even cover.... Gl the rest of the way.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I ended up playing the Cowboys for a few units. Good luck everybody.

hawk 5
    Update your status

I got over 68.5

hawk 5
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post
    I got over 68.5
    2 touches 10 points so far so good. 58.5 more to go.

hawk 5
    Update your status

51.5 Go Teams!!!

12 Last