onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4327

Outback Bowl - Wisconsin vs Tennessee

Tampa, Florida - January 1, 2008, 11:30 a.m. EST - ESPN HD

Lets get the discussion going on this bowl game between Wisconsin and Tennessee.

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

need a line here, Tenn should win pretty easy.

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Quote Originally Posted by hawk 5 View Post
    need a line here, Tenn should win pretty easy.
    Are the lines already out somewhere?

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Fulmer has sucked in bowls the last several years.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Tennessee....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Tennessee in a close one. 24-20

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

I can't go against Wisconsin in a Bowl Game. I understand Wisconsin is no where close to being as good as in past years, but just going by bowl game history here. Wisconsin good - Tennessee bad - give me the points.

IWishIWasRich
    IWishIWasRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Line opened today at 5Dimes at TN -3.5. Florida is SEC country, the crowd will be for Tennessee.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by IWishIWasRich View Post
    Line opened today at 5Dimes at TN -3.5. Florida is SEC country, the crowd will be for Tennessee.
    Trust me, if Wisconsin could they would be able to sell out that entire stadium and then some. The support they receive from their fans is unbelievable. If the bowl game was in Siberia, UW fans would make the trip. The crowd will most likely be split evenly.

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

wisconsin is gonna have to run the ball and shorten the game and I think that they can run it enough to keep the clock going

take the under

VolinArizona
    VolinArizona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

2 units on Tennessee -3.5
    1 unit on the under

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I have watched enough Wisconsin football this season to know that they were overrated from the beginning of the season and have never lived up to their potential. PJ Hill is unbelievable, but Tennessee is a better team. I think the Vols win by at least a touchdown. The have been playing pretty good football of late-hell, they hung with LSU didn't they? Anyone think Wisconsin could do that? Badgers are 4-7 ATS this year, and almost lost to UNLV. Do I need to say any more?

Ted Stickle
    Ted Stickle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wiscy all ways cost me money this year so Tennessee for me.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

463 Wisconsin ML +145

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8069

I dont like the vols but i think they win a close one.

mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

not much actual info here. the big news in tennessee is not only the loss of offensive coor David Cutcliff, but they just lost the leader of the locker room, coach trooper. he was not only the teams best recruiter, but also a father figure to a lot of these kids that come from out of state. he had a great relationship with the kids and its going to be hard losing him along with coach cut. the team with more uncertainty is tennessee, id lean toward wisc here.

The Seer

Quote Originally Posted by mofome View Post
    not much actual info here. the big news in tennessee is not only the loss of offensive coor David Cutcliff, but they just lost the leader of the locker room, coach trooper. he was not only the teams best recruiter, but also a father figure to a lot of these kids that come from out of state. he had a great relationship with the kids and its going to be hard losing him along with coach cut. the team with more uncertainty is tennessee, id lean toward wisc here.
    They tried to get rid of Taylor when Cut came back because Cut wanted his own guys. Plus, the only thing Taylor can do is cheerlead. When he was runningbacks coach, that was the worst group TN ever had. When told he was going to be let go, he cried racism. They didn't want a lawsuit so they put him over with the receivers (which have been dreadful). TN was getting recruits long before Taylor. Hell, the facilities sell themselves. Well, now I guess we won't see him waving a towel all over the place on the sidelines, they'll have to actually hire someone that knows what they're doing.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    They tried to get rid of Taylor when Cut came back because Cut wanted his own guys. Plus, the only thing Taylor can do is cheerlead. When he was runningbacks coach, that was the worst group TN ever had. When told he was going to be let go, he cried racism. They didn't want a lawsuit so they put him over with the receivers (which have been dreadful). TN was getting recruits long before Taylor. Hell, the facilities sell themselves. Well, now I guess we won't see him waving a towel all over the place on the sidelines, they'll have to actually hire someone that knows what they're doing.

a fairly embarrassing post. as their Wr coach meachem went in the first round and he had one of the best seasons in UT history. this year as WR coach he got a ton out of a group that no one expected anything of, and the even produced another 1000 yard reciever in lucas taylor who nobody thought would near 1 thousand yards. the WRs were the biggest positive surprise this season for Tennessee. you dont know anything, thats a problem, not for me though, for you.
    as for recruiting, j williams, vlad richard, a paige, d morely, and many others are there because of taylor.

hard to believe i just wasted any time replying to a post like this, but i think its important that the people here have accurate info instead of your info. ya know?

The Seer

a fairly embarrassing post. as their Wr coach meachem went in the first round and he had one of the best seasons in UT history. this year as WR coach he got a ton out of a group that no one expected anything of, and the even produced another 1000 yard reciever in lucas taylor who nobody thought would near 1 thousand yards. the WRs were the biggest positive surprise this season for Tennessee. you dont know anything, thats a problem, not for me though, for you.
    as for recruiting, j williams, vlad richard, a paige, d morely, and many others are there because of taylor.

hard to believe i just wasted any time replying to a post like this, but i think its important that the people here have accurate info instead of your info. ya know?
    I've spent almost 30 years in football at all levels. I talk with someone in the TN program regularly and personally know some coaches and people in the athletic department, this info is accurate. TN happens to be my home state and I support the program as a whole but not certain things. Meachem was coached by Taylor for one year. His success was more because of the development of Ainge than anything. If Taylor improved the WR so much, then why did Gerald Riggs and the rest regress when he coached the RBs? If you don't like this post then don't read it.

mofome

I've spent almost 30 years in football at all levels. I talk with someone in the TN program regularly and personally know some coaches and people in the athletic department, this info is accurate. TN happens to be my home state and I support the program as a whole but not certain things. Meachem was coached by Taylor for one year. His success was more because of the development of Ainge than anything. If Taylor improved the WR so much, then why did Gerald Riggs and the rest regress when he coached the RBs? If you don't like this post then don't read it.

I follow the program fairly closely and know people who speak with the players daily. If trooper taylor helped the WR so much, then why did riggs regress when he coached the Rbs? thats question doesnt make a lot of sense. i think its interesting that you cite Ainges great year with Meachems success but you dont seem to care that the vols had no passing game the year before when the RBs struggled. Riggs was banged up often and the Vols werent much of a threat through the air. that could be why Riggs struggled?
    no one expected anything out of taylor, rogers, or birscoe this year. thats just a fact. the WRs well exceeded their expectations in 2007, are you going to disagree?

now, going back to riggs. who do you think was the RB coach in 2004 whent he vols had Two one thousand yard rushers?

Taylor
    2004: 2 guys go over 1 thousand yards rushing
    2005: down year for the entire team.
    2006: taylor moves to WR coach, meachem breaks out and leaves after his rs jr year and is a first round pick.
    2007: we have one of the best wr groups in the SEC, a WR reaches 1 thousand yards for the 2nd year in a row, and each of the top 3 guys exceed what was expected from them from the 'experts' going into the season.

what? those are just facts. then you add on that he was, without question, the vols best recruiter (outside of fulmer) and the vols have lost a lot. the players believe in him, some of them come to school because of him. you think paige would be a vol without trooper? vlad richard? come on man. you may not like him and thats fine, but dont just spit out a couple things and make it seem as if he wasnt a bright spot for this program when times have been down.

The Seer

I follow the program fairly closely and know people who speak with the players daily. If trooper taylor helped the WR so much, then why did riggs regress when he coached the Rbs? thats question doesnt make a lot of sense. i think its interesting that you cite Ainges great year with Meachems success but you dont seem to care that the vols had no passing game the year before when the RBs struggled. Riggs was banged up often and the Vols werent much of a threat through the air. that could be why Riggs struggled?
    no one expected anything out of taylor, rogers, or birscoe this year. thats just a fact. the WRs well exceeded their expectations in 2007, are you going to disagree?

now, going back to riggs. who do you think was the RB coach in 2004 whent he vols had Two one thousand yard rushers?

Taylor
    2004: 2 guys go over 1 thousand yards rushing
    2005: down year for the entire team.
    2006: taylor moves to WR coach, meachem breaks out and leaves after his rs jr year and is a first round pick.
    2007: we have one of the best wr groups in the SEC, a WR reaches 1 thousand yards for the 2nd year in a row, and each of the top 3 guys exceed what was expected from them from the 'experts' going into the season.

what? those are just facts. then you add on that he was, without question, the vols best recruiter (outside of fulmer) and the vols have lost a lot. the players believe in him, some of them come to school because of him. you think paige would be a vol without trooper? vlad richard? come on man. you may not like him and thats fine, but dont just spit out a couple things and make it seem as if he wasnt a bright spot for this program when times have been down.

He caused a riff within the staff. Funny, TN got great players before he was ever there. He didn't recruit Al Wilson, John Henderson, Albert Haynesworth, etc., etc., etc. The wide receiver play had more to do with the protection by the underated offensive line than anything. Ainge was sacked only a handful of times. The ball was on the money moreso, therefore more catches. I'm sure some of the kids liked him fine, I don't deny that. He was a cheerleader plain and simple.

mofome

He caused a riff within the staff. Funny, TN got great players before he was ever there. He didn't recruit Al Wilson, John Henderson, Albert Haynesworth, etc., etc., etc. The wide receiver play had more to do with the protection by the underated offensive line than anything. Ainge was sacked only a handful of times. The ball was on the money moreso, therefore more catches. I'm sure some of the kids liked him fine, I don't deny that. He was a cheerleader plain and simple.

how can you say he caused a riff? he and chavis didnt get a long? chavis cant recruit or coach. great. the real riff accurred when we sat hardesty in the bama game for no reason. no need to get more into that, which had nothing to do with trooper

tennessee did get great players before trooper was there, who said that they did not? fact is, trooper was their best current recruiter. thats just a fact. the oline was great, but it was probably a bit overrated, actually. tennessee didnt allow sacks because ainge was scared and wouldnt hang in the pocket. he would get rid of it quickly and he wouldnt take a hit. the line was great, but its not the best line in the nation as the sack numbers would indicate. trooper got a ton out of a group that had almost no experience. i mean really...Tennessee lost their top 3 WRs and came back the next year and were the best group in the SEC. you, however, give no credit to trooper? the facts dont lie. 2, 1 thousand yard rushers in his first year. first round wr in his his 3rd year. in his final year he took a wr group that lost its top 3 wide-outs and made them the best in the sec anyway. yeah, just a cheerleader.

not to mention getting G jones ready after battling injuries as a true freshman. Same can be said for Moore. The future is bright at Tennessee in large part due to the guys Troop got in there. They're lucky warren, morely, and williams are all coming in this year, because they dont figure to close out real well with the HS srs.

BUCK82
    BUCK82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Guys, believe it or not it all comes down to this. UT will have an all-or-nothing approach to this game. The Vols running game and defense improved as the season progressed. I feel they are a more balanced team and should cover the 3 point spread.

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tennessee will role

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Tampa, Florida - January 1, 2008, 11:30 a.m. EST - ESPN HD

Lets get the discussion going on this bowl game between Wisconsin and Tennessee.
    I love Tennessee in this game in the south. Tennessee is more accustomed to play in this weather and time zone. Both teams are bit overrated and Wisconsin is not that great out of conference play. I remember a game when Wisconsin played at UNLV. Wisconsin struggled and barely won this game that they should have really lost. Wisconsin did not play well away from home. After dissapointing losses in recent bowl games, watch out for Tennessee to roll against Wisconsin. Tennessee wins this game by 10.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by tab View Post
    I love Tennessee in this game in the south. Tennessee is more accustomed to play in this weather and time zone. Both teams are bit overrated and Wisconsin is not that great out of conference play. I remember a game when Wisconsin played at UNLV. Wisconsin struggled and barely won this game that they should have really lost. Wisconsin did not play well away from home. After dissapointing losses in recent bowl games, watch out for Tennessee to roll against Wisconsin. Tennessee wins this game by 10.

im not sure if i understand your reasoning, but i hope you're right. tn lost in this same bowl game last year to a team from up north of them. the vols lost because they turned the ball over and they lacked heart...i hope thats different this week, but i dont know that it will be. the team is at a loss right now. players are talking about transfers/going pro....coaches are leaving....6 players have been suspended.....the vols have been terrible in recent bowl games....not a lot of reason to like'em here.
    that being said

GBO

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

erik ainge has thrown for 8000 yards in his college stint at tennessee. he has been a big factor in the recievers ability to do well this year. next year tennesse will likely return to the boring play we are used to from them,, running and defense, regardless of who the coach of the receivers is.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by idontlikerocks View Post
    erik ainge has thrown for 8000 yards in his college stint at tennessee. he has been a big factor in the recievers ability to do well this year. next year tennesse will likely return to the boring play we are used to from them,, running and defense, regardless of who the coach of the receivers is.

yes, but the coach of wrs doesnt have anything to do with the play calling anyway. ainge was a good qb, but he didnt make many plays. you're mistaken if you think the vols offense will be boring next year. i assume you dont know a lot about the state of the team.

jaymes93
    jaymes93's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am a SEC man and i can't go against TEN, their offence is to stronge not to win this one. if you remeber the TEN, UG game TEN dominated Georiga on both sides of the ball. i see TEN opening all cylinders in this game against a weak wysconsin defence.

TEN- 56
    UW- 14

skummings
    skummings's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think saying a "weak wisconsin" defense is an uninformed comment considering throughout the entire season, the Wisconsin defensive starters have been injured. The first game of the season was the only game they had all of their defensive starters in at once. Finally, with the Big 10 season ending earlier than the rest of the other confrences, the Badgers have had time to heal their defensive studs (ikegwanu, Levy, Casillas, and others). the Wisconsin bowl game history is much more solid than U T's, and especially after defeating a strong Arkensas in the Capital one bowl last year, i see a close game, but Wisconsin pulling ahead late. The badgers rushing threat is tremendous this year, and all of the RB's have had time to heal. Especially with the addition of Lance Smith, an SEC type runner, another threat has been added to the Wisconsin O. I don't think the Vols can handle such a hard hitting Big Ten team that has faced a lot of criticism over the past weeks. Labeling someone in a division is one thing, EXPERIENCE is another, that is why Wisconsin will pull off an upset. The entire Big 10 is underrated, and i think many people will be surprised.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Wisconsin had a shot in this one at the end, but blew it.

Wisconsin 17
    Tennessee 21