onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

Gator Bowl - Texas Tech vs Virginia

Jacksonville, Florida - January 1, 2008, 1 p.m. EST - CBS

Lets get the discussion going on this bowl game between Texas Tech and Virginia.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Graham Harrell and Michael Crabtree will be too much for virginia to handle. Tech rolls 35 - 16

Ted Stickle
    Ted Stickle's Avatar Become A Pro!

Virginia and 6 points.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Texas Tech. The Red Raiders will come out firing, that's a fact. I really don't think Virginia can keep up. If Virginia can't establish the run early, call this a game, and take the 2nd half line on TT. They will rout.

BUCK82
    BUCK82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not so fast my friend!! Both these teams had huge comebacks to beat Minnesota in their previous bowl win (sorry Glenn Mason). When you look on Texas Tech sideline you're gonna see an offense lead by Graham Harrell (very underranted on a national level in my opinion) who passed for over 5,000 yards!!! Then you have a freshman receiver with over 1800 yards and 21 TDs!!!! These two gonna get most of the pregame hype and yes...Virgina will get the memo. Their D-line is gonna have an emotional game with DL Long (yes, Howie's little one) who is a one man wrecking crew and the grass field will help slow the Texas Tech offernse. UVA will quitely prepare for this game as the underdog and this one will be a whole lot closer than what the public thinks. I'm all over taking UVA and the 6 points.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by BUCK82 View Post
    Their D-line is gonna have an emotional game with DL Long (yes, Howie's little one) who is a one man wrecking crew and the grass field will help slow the Texas Tech offernse. UVA will quitely prepare for this game as the underdog and this one will be a whole lot closer than what the public thinks. I'm all over taking UVA and the 6 points.
    Buck,
    I don't think UVA has seen an offense that throws the ball around like Tech does. There certainly isn't one in the ACC.

Tech throws a bunch of quick passes and I'm not sure that Long and Co. will be able to get to the QB. If they don't it will be along afternoon for the Wahoos.

BUCK82
    BUCK82's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Buck,
    I don't think UVA has seen an offense that throws the ball around like Tech does. There certainly isn't one in the ACC.

Tech throws a bunch of quick passes and I'm not sure that Long and Co. will be able to get to the QB. If they don't it will be along afternoon for the Wahoos.
    Great points Doc, but when I look at this game I look at it from this point of view also...UVA has faced 5 caliber bowl teams going 4-1 SU & 3-2 ATS outgaining those opponents 335-317. Texas Tech has faced 6 bowl caliber teams going 2-4 SU and ATS. UVA has the surface edge as they play on grass at their home field. Texas Tech is 3-7 ATS on grass. Cavs have gone 3-0 this year as an away dog. I can see where you are coming from DOC, but I just really see UVA taking advantage of the dog role in this one against the popular high scoring flashy Tech team.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

After Virginia went up big, they choke it out to Texas Tech.

Virginia 28
    Texas Tech 31

SchlepRock
    SchlepRock's Avatar Become A Pro!

test