bigdog3580
    bigdog3580's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Arizona State-U of A

I know this game is on at the same time as Oklahoma-Mizzou but I will be watching this game, I guess more because I live in PHX and hate the University of Arizona. But I really like ASU today and here's why:

It was raining all day Friday and through the night here in Phoenix. It is raining this Saturday morning as you read.

After watching the Steelers-Dolphins last Monday I really think you need a running game to play in this and U of A has none. U of A is one dimensional.

To me the worst case scenerio is it ends up a push at -7(back door cover). But ASU should blast these guys.

Heres some stats and tidbits I found.

UA (5-6, 4-4) could end an eight-year bowl drought with a win. The Wildcats are trying for a fourth consecutive win, last accomplished in 2000, and to end a two-game losing streak in the series.

"My career's been broken a lot of times," Erickson said at the suggestion of rivalries creating make-or-break games. "Go ahead and break it again, I don't really care. It's important to win the rivalry game. It's important for Arizona State. It's important for Arizona. It's the biggest game of the year."

ASU quarterback Rudy Carpenter joked before the season began that even if the Sun Devils go heavy with the run, he probably would throw for five or six touchdowns against UA.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog3580 View Post
    I know this game is on at the same time as Oklahoma-Mizzou but I will be watching this game, I guess more because I live in PHX and hate the University of Arizona. But I really like ASU today and here's why:

It was raining all day Friday and through the night here in Phoenix. It is raining this Saturday morning as you read.

After watching the Steelers-Dolphins last Monday I really think you need a running game to play in this and U of A has none. U of A is one dimensional.

To me the worst case scenerio is it ends up a push at -7(back door cover). But ASU should blast these guys.

Heres some stats and tidbits I found.

UA (5-6, 4-4) could end an eight-year bowl drought with a win. The Wildcats are trying for a fourth consecutive win, last accomplished in 2000, and to end a two-game losing streak in the series.

"My career's been broken a lot of times," Erickson said at the suggestion of rivalries creating make-or-break games. "Go ahead and break it again, I don't really care. It's important to win the rivalry game. It's important for Arizona State. It's important for Arizona. It's the biggest game of the year."

ASU quarterback Rudy Carpenter joked before the season began that even if the Sun Devils go heavy with the run, he probably would throw for five or six touchdowns against UA.

I like Arizona here +7, I think if you wait there will be some shops that will give you +7.5