BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

College Football picks and early leans!

Well, NCAAF is right around the corner and the lines have been out for a while so I guess now it's time to start talking about the games. Here is what I like.

Oregon/Houston +9 (this should go higher)

Vanderbilt +9.5/Wake Forest: Who is Wake Forest to be laying near double digits even if they are at home. Vandy is not great but were very competitive last year in many games and could have easily had a 6 win season had they been able to finish. Cutler is back and he is, maybe the best QB in the SEC and he has three solid wide receivers. In addition, Wake's star running back is serving a suspension in this game. Vandy should keep it close, if not pull the outright upset.

Indiana/Central Michigan +9: I don't care how bad CMU is, no way Indiana should be laying 9 points on the road with a new QB and head coach. CMU has a lot of starters returning not to mention they'll be trying to avenge a 41-10 loss from last year.

TXAM -1.5/Clemson: Normally a home dog is a good bet, especially in season openers, but TXAM is loaded this year and Clemson has typically struggled early in the season. I like TXAM here to win by double digits.

Other leans but need more information is Louisville/Kentucky +21.5 (should get all the way up to +24) and Tulsa +15 against Minnesota

Feedback appreciated as well as other picks would be nice to see. Nothing is for sure yet...but the first four plays seem strong to me.
    Last edited by BuddyBear; 08-26-05 at 12:25 PM.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

BuddyBear,

I have a few ideas of my own. These are purely line value selections from my perspective. May get out of them next week after more studying:

Boise State (+7) over Georgia
    Arkansas State (+26.5) over Missouri
    Wyoming (+22) over Florida
    West Virginia (+2) over Syracuse
    Cincinnati (-9.5) over Eastern Michigan

Just some early impressions where I think the line should move in my favor. If it doesn't, then I'll need to do more studying.

E

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Hey E-bone,

I've only researched the BSU/UGA game and the Wyoming/FLA game in any depth. The other three I haven't thought much about. My impression is Wyoming/FLA is a stay away game for me. I think FLA might be a sucker bet. It seems like the line is too low for me and from what I heard, on OASIS it opened up at +7. I'll stay away from it regardless. As for the BSU/UGA game...I think UGA smokes them. I know BSU is a team on the rise and has become a high profile team but UGA at home, season opener with something of a veteran QB wins by at least 14 points I think. I could be wrong...but it's probably a game I'd either go with Georgia or pass altogether.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Indiana/Central Michigan +9: I don't care how bad CMU is, no way Indiana should be laying 9 points on the road with a new QB and head coach. CMU has a lot of starters returning not to mention they'll be trying to avenge a 41-10 loss from last year.

I've been doing additional research on this game and found that CMU actually outgained them yardage wise last year and still lost by 31. I was looking at the box score and the score is very misleading considering there was an interception returned for a TD by Indiana late in the game and some other late scoring. Not sure what to think here...Indiana is a Big Ten team....not a good one...but CMU is a MAC team and not a very good one at that. UI should be favored...but -9 is way too much I think for a team as bad as Indiana and under such circumstances (i.e. new coach, new QB, new RB). But let's face it, a couple games in the past few years against Oregon (which they won) and Washington on the road, CMU may seem like a cupcake for UI.

Anyone else have any ideas about this game and the direction of line movement. Any chance CMU could get up to +10 or higher?

FantasyBetsZone
    FantasyBetsZone's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wish you the best of luck buddybear!

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Welcome to SBR FBZ.