rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

rjt's Week 14 Plays

Sides: 31-31-4, +3.47
    Totals: 13-8-1, +4.68
    ML: 4-5, +1.65
    YTD: 48-44-5, +9.8

2* Virginia Tech -4: (Bookmaker) Here are my thoughts on this game from another thread:

As a result of the weather conditions, there's very little that can be taken from their meeting 5 weeks ago, but since that game these 2 teams have gone in completely opposite directions. VT's offense is infinitely improved from earlier in the season when they struggled against the likes of E. Carolina and UNC. This is largely due to the fact that in recent weeks RB Brandon Ore has finally resembled the player he was a year ago, and he's done so against some very good defenses - GT, FSU, Miami and UVA. Tech has also gotten very good QB play in recent weeks, both from Glennon and Taylor, who, as djeffectz mentioned, wasn't available in their first meeting. It's likely that they will split time, and Taylor's ability to scramble brings and added dimension to the offense.

BC's pretty banged up on defense, and the loss of DB Dajuan Tribble can't be overstated on multiple fronts. He's likely a future first or second-round pick in the NFL, and a big-play guy who's one of the undisputed leaders of the Eagles' defense. His absence will also be felt on special teams, where he's a very effective return man. I think a healthy and surging VT offense will give BC a lot of trouble.

VT's defense has been equally effective of late, and while Matt Ryan is quite good, he's still prone to making poor decisions. One of the primary faults of BC this year has been Jagodzinski's tendency to abandon the run and throw the ball all too much. It's really ridiculous considering the Eagles possess two very good backs, but this mentality has, and will likely continue to lead to costly turnovers, particularly against an aggressive and talented defense like VT.

I think VT wins this game by 10-14.

2* Oregon State/Oregon UNDER 47 (+100): (Bookmaker) Points will be tough to come by for the Ducks in this rivalry game. Very tough. The loss of Dennis Dixon removed any and all explosiveness and big-play ability from the UO offense, and his absence has proven even further that he was a more than worthy choice for the Heisman before going down. A strong argument could be made that he's the single most important player to his team in the country, and Oregon's in bad shape without him, as evidenced by the fact UO's QB's are a combined 33/85 (39%) for 268 yards (a terrible 3.15 YPP) and 5 INT's without a TD pass in the last 7 Q's since Dixon's injury. Freshman Cody Kempt, who was just 6/23 against UCLA last week, will likely get the start, which means the Ducks will rely heavily on RB Jonathan Stewart. The problem is that Oregon State has the top run defense in the country, allowing only 64 YPG on the ground, and the Beavers figure to load up the box with many 8-man fronts to stop Stewart, just as UCLA did a week ago.

OSU, meanwhile, has QB problems of their own. Lyle Moevao will get the start in place of the injured Sean Canfield, and both QB's have struggled mightily this season. RB Yvenson Bernard, the one consistent on this Beavers' offense, is questionable after knee surgery, but with or without him, OSU will run the ball early and often to prevent turnovers, which have plagued the team all year. Both teams, in fact, will emphasize running the ball to protect their young QB's, which will keep the clock running much of the game. 47 is simply too many.

1* Washington +14 (+103): (Matchbook) Ignore Washington's 4-8 record, for this is the best team Hawaii has played this season. How Hawaii can be a 3-pt. favorite last week over Boise St. and a 14-pt. fav. over a Washington team that handled Boise rather easily earlier in the season is ridiculous. I don't like to compare common opponents and I understand the UW/Boise game was several weeks ago, but a Hawaii team that's playing only their second capable opponent this season (Boise being the other) is getting too much respect here. The Pac 10, which is surely a bit down this season, is still far superior to the WAC, which is even worse than past years after the top 2 teams, making UW's 4-8 record, as well as Hawaii's undefeated mark, extremely misleading and a poor representation of the talent of these two schools. The USC game notwithstanding, UW has had little trouble moving the ball offensively all season, and that's likely to continue against Hawaii's defense. Sure, the Huskies' defense is vulnerable and Brennan & co. figure to put up points rather easily, but Jake Locker and the rest of the Huskies' offense will also move the ball with ease, making the 14 too many to pass up in a game in which both defenses figure to offer little resistance.

Looking at 1 more total that I will likely add later in the week.

Good luck everyone.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Nice write-ups. We are on Washington and Virgina Tech together. GL this week bro.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Good analysis. I totally agree with VT and OSU-O under. However, I'm not so sure how interested in playing this football game Washington will be coming off their game with WSU. I'm not so sure they won't look at this game as a vacation in Hawaii. Hawaii plays much better at home and opponents that aren't used to playing there sometimes get caught up in the trip. Also, I can see Hawaii being totally focused as they will want to protect their undefeated season and have a shot at a BCS bowl.

cashflow50
    cashflow50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

agree on VT rj. as for hawaii, they are a different animal at home. i know they couldn't cover against underachieving teams, but they seem to get it done when they play the good teams. on the other hand 14 is alot of chalk to lay on a pac 10 team. I might just play the total. gl to you rj.

beaneaters
    beaneaters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2031

Solid analysis RJT. Good work. I'll be on board with VT and the Oregon under as well.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL rjt...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

As you know I'm not a real favorite type of player, however I really like your Virginia Tech play RJT.

BOL to you

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

GL card look pretty good

Capwizards
    Capwizards's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good dtuff here guys. However, Hawaii 1H has been a solid trend over the past couple of years. They will come out fired up in front of an excite home crows with a chance to have an undefeated season. My play will be on Hawaii -7.5 1H.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Great stuff as always rjt.

mark wahlberg
    mark wahlberg's Avatar Become A Pro!

you gonna sweep em rjt

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I go against you on VT. I'll drive with BC plus the point

rjt721

Thanks guys. Good luck to all of you.

Adding:

1* Missouri/Oklahoma UNDER 66.5

Final card:

2* Virginia Tech -4
    2* Oregon State/Oregon UNDER 47
    1* Washington +14
    1* Mizzou/Oklahoma UNDER 66.5

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Good luck this weekend RJT.

I am laying big wood with USC -19.5 this weekend on my only play for Saturday in College Football.

PerfecTrader
    PerfecTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hokies - Paris Hilton hot
    Oregon Under - Poor Dixon but the play is Ferrari dead sexy and the Ducks may be the 1st team in history to score less than no points.
    Huskies - Exactly what I was thinking and I call this one PF Changs Kung Pao Chicken spicy.

Love those plays and GL

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I disagree a bit with the Washington game...not that I'm playing Hawaii or going to play them.

Hawaii has a extremely strong home field that is worth 5-6 points alone. Among the best in the nation. I think Hawaii beating BSU was a major sign of just how good this Hawaii team is considering BSU had never lost a WAC game and has way more overall talent and they still won by DD (albeit somewhat misleading). Moreover, after UW beat BSU this season, their season took a major nosedive and they never really recovered. They blew their game against WSU last week (a huge rivalary game) have no added incentive/motivation in this game considering this season promises no postseason trip for the Huskies. On the other hand, Hawaii has everything to play for perfect season, BCS trip, respect etc.... I see ** in a very tough spot here as they are unlikely to match scores with Hawaii's offense.

Additionally, I like Jake Locker but the truth is he is a very weak QB. He has the lowest rated QB efficiency rating and any big play he makes is with his legs and Hawaii does do well against the run. I don't expect him to make very many big plays and I can quite honestly see this game getting way out of hand at one point. keep in mind, travelling to the islands is not easy and many BCS foes have gone there and not taken care of business (i.e. Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Alabama, Arizona State).....yes, Oregon State won and so did Wisconsin a few years ago but I think this line is fair either way.

good luck....

imgv94

What would Washington's record be if they had Hawaii's schedule?

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    What would Washington's record be if they had Hawaii's schedule?
    People probably asked that last year about Boise St before they played Oklahoma too.

imgv94

rjt=Good handicapper

rjt721

Thanks GV. Appreciate the kind words.

1* Washington Team Total OVER 30 (-115)

rjt721

3-2, +.88
    Year: 51-46-5, +10.68

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

nice job Rjt...look forward to working with you and others next season....

rjt721

Thanks BB. I still can't believe UW couldn't clear 30 after putting 28 on the board midway through the 2nd Q. Anyway, I always appreciate your insights and I look forward to your thoughts for the bowl games and beyond.

imgv94

I just knew we weren't going to get that Civil War total. It looked too damn easy.

Good Luck this bowl season brother.