xxProviderxx
    xxProviderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

10 reasons why OKLAHOMA will beat MIZZ

Mizz might win ATS but they will not win the game.

1. All spread O teams struggle to put teams away when up decently big getting close to the 4th Q. Case in point, the OU game earlier this year and the KU game last week. Even if OK is down the will rally due to MIZZ playing cautiously to protect there lead, as all spread teams must do, its just to risky when you are up big to not go into the prevent on O.

2. OU has play makers on D, and a great line, they will put heat on Daniel unlike KU did. KU's secondary is no where near OU's class, or LB's for that matter.

3. OU will run the ball, much of the same as last week with the PA pass going to 20+ gains. Mizz can not keep OU's running game at bay, not possible.

4. BOB STOOPS, Mizz will not see anything that they did last time since it didnt hold MIZZ like Stoops would have liked anyway. New looks, new coverages, new O sets, it will be like a new team leaving MIZZ wondering whey they watched all the game film.

5. MIZZ will do the only thing they know how to do, throw the ball, same 10 plays to the right and to the left. OU will have a better game plan on D.

6. In experience for MIZZ, I told everyone that the KU game would be very low scoring in the first 15min, and it was, why??? because of nerves, MIZZ will have the same problem in this game, but this time they will be down 14-0 before there nerves settle down. Then they will press and things will just get worse from there.

7. Special Teams, Maclin may be a sutd on O, but he is going to screw up a Punt in this game, mark that down it will happen he as been getting very lucky as of late. OU has a huge edge on Special Teams.

8. Coaching, and game prep. OU will be better prepared, more foccussed, less nervous. There all 4 star recruits, look at MIZZ, talent shows best on the biggest stages.

9. Lets get one thing straight, MIZZ is very talented on O, great WR, TE's QB decent backs. They will move the ball no question about it, but will they turn it into TD's more times that not, the answere is no. They will be to many opportunites for OU's D to make big plays on MIZZ's long drives which will result in a 3+ TO night for MIZZ.

10. Its OK vs. MIZZ, god I hate OU but they will beat MIZZ no questions asked.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Most likely, whoever wins SU will win ATS (76% of the time).

Anyway, this game is a true toss up in my opinion. You can make a case either way I believe. I think though Missouri might be able to pull this one out but if anyone is susceptible to being outcoached it is Gary Pinkel....

the youngster
    the youngster's Avatar Become A Pro!

toss up!

I feel Mizzou is the better team at least away from Norman. But Stoops has proven he can win big games. Pinkel could be the Tigers biggest liability. I was at the MU KU game and the Tigers clock mangement in the fourth with the lead was horrible. Pinkel said he didn't want to disrupt the offense flow by letting the play clock tick down but it could have cost the Tigers the game. However the Sooners starting running back is out and there stud defensive end might not be able to go. If he cant go that will swing things in MU's favor and I will take the points.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

I watched chase Daniel play in high school in the last two years at southlake and he will not have any nerve issues...He is clutch and the pressure will be less than it was last week. I think mizzou plays inspired since they have already been beat by OU this year and I think mizzou had a shot earlier in the year they just made some bad plays....My oppinion for what its worth is that mizzou wins this by 6

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

The top 10 reasons I disagree:
    1. Watch last year's Boise St. game
    2. Watch last year's Boise St. game
    3. Watch last year's Boise St. game
    4. Watch last year's Boise St. game
    5. Watch last year's Boise St. game
    6. Watch last year's Boise St. game
    7. Watch last year's Boise St. game
    8. Watch last year's Boise St. game
    9. Watch last year's Boise St. game
    10.Watch last year's Boise St. game

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

xxProviderxx
    xxProviderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Paul Thompson was OU's QB last year.

Sorry I couldent resist either.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by xxProviderxx View Post
    Paul Thompson was OU's QB last year.

Sorry I couldent resist either.
    it was the defense who let those awesome pop warner type plays run right past them.....

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by rugbybdyb View Post
    it was the defense who let those awesome pop warner type plays run right past them.....
    Exactly. It was Stoops that should have had pleny of time to prepare his 4* players to put heat on that nervous spread offense on the national stage.
    Last edited by The Seer; 11-28-07 at 01:01 PM.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

MIZZ for me...... Which way do you guys see this line moving before game time?

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

good question bmac, I seen on espn yesterday that people pick Oklahoma to win 53 percent to 47 percent, so it is very close. I don't see this line moving but lots of action on both sides just like the Michigan-Ohio State game had plenty of action on both sides.

bmac

I was hoping to catch MIZZ +3.5 but bodog has it at 3 right now.

bmac

Is there a place where you can see what % of the public is on what side for the games?

remaxagnt
    remaxagnt's Avatar Become A Pro!

"

bmac

thanks

TheBigbull300
    TheBigbull300's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dont even have to go back to last years bowl game look how texas tech pick them apart. OU could not stop them. Now with Mizz you add a very good run game and key OU Def players out my lean is towards Mizz. I agree choching edge is clearly with OU. But when you get to 3rd and 4th qtr it is no longer aboput being prepared it is about making plays. I think this game will be close for a while but OU's lack of depth at Def will cost them in the end MIzz 44 OU 27

Cabo
    Cabo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22699

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post

Love it - Go TIGERS!!!

dave11486
    dave11486's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 777

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post

Sorry guy, but exhibition games aren't a good way to measure a team. I haven't seen much of Missouri this year, but it still seems that many still do not give them a chance. I actually would choose Missouri to win this game if I had too, but I just disagree with using that game as a reason. Because when it comes right down to it, what did OU have to lose? And, what did Boise have to gain by winning that game? Opposite ends of the spectrum.