LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Houston Nutt Hired by Mississippi

WOW, that did not take long! Nutt resigned from Arkansas about two hours ago!

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

Wow that was a switch wasn't it? I thought he would go to Nebraska. That is a shocker.

Razorbacks1
    '70's Gong Show Fan
    Razorbacks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9578

If I may put in my 2 cents and be brief..

Nutt goes from his "dream job" to Ole Miss?? Sounds like this was a done deal before yesterday. Nutt would have been better off going outside the SEC. I give him credit for bringing the football program back,but Ole Miss has no chance in the SEC.

tryintogetpaid
    tryintogetpaid's Avatar Become A Pro!

What? Ole Miss has every chance, their running back is good -- I think they can be a decent contender given the right coach.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

This is why I didn't want A&M to go so fast picking a new coach. Would've liked for TAMU to at least have seen if Nutt had any interest...especially since the Aggies and Razorbacks are working out the details for a neutral site game in the near future (new Cowboys Stadium in D-FW area).

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

I think Ole Miss got a great coach. What does Arkansas have against good coaches? I mean, they ran Nolan Richardson off too...

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

BadNina you got that right their program doesn't make any sense at all here. It is going to be interesting to see who Arkansas is going to get as coach now.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

What more can I really say accept for it's a great hire for Ole Miss here.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Unfortunately, they're still Ole Miss. Look at Spurrier and So. Carolina - it's almost impossible to win consistently in the SEC at programs not named LSU, Florida, Auburn, UT, 'Bama and UGA.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Unfortunately, they're still Ole Miss. Look at Spurrier and So. Carolina - it's almost impossible to win consistently in the SEC at programs not named LSU, Florida, Auburn, UT, 'Bama and UGA.
    I agree. They'll never be title contenders year in and year out. However, being familiar with southeastern recruiting, there is some talent there to work with. Orgeron worked his tail off in recruiting. For example, Micheal Oher was top lineman in the country and will play on Sundays. Not gonna name names but one thing I question is how they got some nonqualifiers qualified when nobody else could. They are lacking at QB though. We'll see what the Rebels do when they "get a Nutt" .

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

good hire for Ole Miss...major upgrade in coaching for them. Ed Oregon was awful although he recruited well, his coaching was very weak and they lost a lot of games they could have and should have won.

Razorbacks1
    '70's Gong Show Fan
    Razorbacks1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9578

well I'll give you guys the benefit of the doubt but I would be shocked if Nutt does any better than 4-4 in the SEC with Ole Miss

That's a good one nina...If Richardson was such a good coach how come no one hired him after Arkansas?? I'd really like your input seeing your in bama
    Last edited by Razorbacks1; 11-27-07 at 11:17 PM.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do cell phone text messages work around the ole miss campus