onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Hawaii 12-0. Do they get a BCS Bowl game?

Now that Hawaii has won the WAC, and finished perfect, at 12-0. Do they get in a BCS Bowl game? They said something like 118th strength of schedule, but to go perfect is always tough.

What do you think?
    Last edited by onlooker; 12-02-07 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Reworded thread due to Hawaii going 12-0.

sharktank1
    sharktank1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have to consider strength of schedule.
    Number of blow out wins.
    Etc.
    Will consider...

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

They absolutely deserve it. Of course they still have to beat Washington but that shouldn't be a problem.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    They absolutely deserve it. Of course they still have to beat Washington but that shouldn't be a problem.
    Shit your right, I didn't even think they had another game.

Let me rephrase that.

If they finish perfect, at 12-0. Do they get a BCS Bowl game?

4FUN.AND$$
    4FUN.AND$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawaii tripped up on Oregon State last year so a los to WAshington is not out of teh question. They will go to a BCS bowl IMO but lose in an embarassing game for the WAC.

Hawaiian time
    Hawaiian time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawaii should just decline the BCS and play one more game at home for the fans and go undefeated for the season.

P.S HAWAII will kill washington no doubt about it. 56 to 17 and then they can say **** YOU to the BCS

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian time View Post
    Hawaii should just decline the BCS and play one more game at home for the fans and go undefeated for the season.

P.S HAWAII will kill washington no doubt about it. 56 to 17 and then they can say **** YOU to the BCS
    i agree with this post, even though turning down a BCS bowl would be alot of money.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think it is fair to take away from how talented this team is just because they have a terrible Athletic Director. This team has incredible talent (not just Brennan but plenty of other skill players too) and deserves respect.

jon13009
    jon13009's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawaii should get a BCS bid if they go 11-0. Regardless of what people think of the WAC, they are in the system and playing it for all it is worth.

dudefrompa
    dudefrompa's Avatar Become A Pro!

In my honest opinion Hawaii defenately desveres to be i the BCS games. No matter what schedule they played I still think they could be some of the better schools out there. Colt Brennan is unstoppable.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Sure, they will deserve and will get a BCS bowl if they beat Wash. I will take them plus (I hope) the points just like I took Boise last year.

linebacker
    linebacker's Avatar Become A Pro!

i still have to go back to 2004, when Auburn ran the sec gauntlet and could not get in the BCS national championship game with an undefeated record. Auburn was by far more talanted team with four 1st round NFL picks.Auburn did play in a BCS bowl but not the championship. I guess my point is that why should the BCS show mercy with a team that has one of the weakest schedule in the country, ranked aproximately 108. Boise State is not far behind as weakest schedule in the country.However, Boise Sate was a good team a year ago, well balanced on offense and defense.I believe there is a lot of three loss teams from your big conferences that will beat Hawaii and i mean a blowout. If you put one of these SEC defenses in front COLT, he will fold. A high school team could score on a Hawaii defense. Look what alabama did to them last year.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

If they go undefeated, they deserve a BCS bowl, yes.

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2113

its a lock if they beat Wash

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

I personally don't think what we saw tonight in MU and KU is much different than Hawaii with a healthy Brennan. So yes, I think they do deserve a BCS bid, if not a national championship shot now that LSU has lost. Might sound crazy, but if MU went to play Hawaii at Hawaii, what would the line be. I don't think MU would favored by much, if any. Not saying that in a normal year, Hawaii should get that shot, but this is anything but a normal year and the difference between the top 10 or 15 teams is not all that much great, including the Bows.

Dr. Sports
    Dr. Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Absolutely NO... Even they go 12-0 a perfect season... Their schedule strength is too weak & it hasn't proven they are a good team.. Not until they play better teams in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Now that Hawaii has won the WAC, and finishes perfect, at 12-0. Do they get in a BCS Bowl game? They said something like 118th strength of schedule, but to go perfect is always tough.

What do you think?

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

KU might get in a BCS and the only team they played this year with a heart beat is MU and they lost. I personally don't think KU would beat the likes of Fresno State, Boise State or Hawaii. With that being said, I think Hawaii deserves a BCS bid, especially this year. Maybe not the case in a normal year.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Well with Hawaii sitting at 12 in the BCS rankings, all they need to do is beat Washington. Because they are in if they are ranked 12 or higher.

Hawaiian time
    Hawaiian time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by linebacker View Post
    i still have to go back to 2004, when Auburn ran the sec gauntlet and could not get in the BCS national championship game with an undefeated record. Auburn was by far more talanted team with four 1st round NFL picks.Auburn did play in a BCS bowl but not the championship. I guess my point is that why should the BCS show mercy with a team that has one of the weakest schedule in the country, ranked aproximately 108. Boise State is not far behind as weakest schedule in the country.However, Boise Sate was a good team a year ago, well balanced on offense and defense.I believe there is a lot of three loss teams from your big conferences that will beat Hawaii and i mean a blowout. If you put one of these SEC defenses in front COLT, he will fold. A high school team could score on a Hawaii defense. Look what alabama did to them last year.

What did alabama do to them last year? If i remember it was a close game, wasnt it? Hawaii lost in a close game in front of a hostile crowd.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Great idea. That would really teach the BCS...what will they do without Hawaii?

I want Hawaii in one of the games this year just to see how good they are. I don't know why you'd be so confident against Washington as Purdue came with a similar situation last year and had the Rainbows down 7 late in the 4th. Oregon St snagged an outright W the following week.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Let's not completely blame Hawaii for their SOS.

Remember, Michigan State paid a $250,000 fine to get out of thier game with Hawaii. Also, Hawaii offered to play Michigan in Ann Arbor but the Wolverines said no thanks and invited Appalachian State instead. In fact, Hawaii tried several schools but nobody wanted to play them..... Sure the schedule is lousy but there is more to it than that.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I am very confident that Hawaii would hold their own against an SEC school.

This is an extremely well coached team with June Jones. They run an innovative offense that features 100s of different offensive sets and schemes. There is a lot of experience on that team and Colt Brennan can throw the ball very well. Hawaii has shown me a lot this year winning on the road in come from behind fashion. I think this team is very much for real but Washington will be a good test.

If anything, I think Hawaii is slightly underrated and does not get the credit they deserve. Remember, they operate off the mainland and recruiting is extraordinarily difficult. They have a $50,000 recruiting budget which is nothing compared to other schools, yet they are most likely going to go undefeated and have a candidate in New York for the Heisman. That should give you an idea just how good a coach June Jones is.....

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Chances of Hawaii holding UW to 17 or fewer: None.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I say give them a BCS game and time will tell if they really deserved it.

IWishIWasRich
    IWishIWasRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

Word is that Hawaii will be offered a Sugar Bowl bid after they beat Washington.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Ok, they are 12-0. The rally down 21 to Washington to win 35-28.

They should be a in a BCS bowl game, no questions.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Hawaii to play in the Sugar Bowl.

The opponent yet to be named.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

That's great they are going to play in the Sugar Bowl, should be a good experience for them. I hope they play a team that they could handle.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by tblues2005 View Post
    That's great they are going to play in the Sugar Bowl, should be a good experience for them. I hope they play a team that they could handle.
    I think they got a team they could handle. They play Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. I think Hawaii may have a shot at winning that game outright.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I think if your not in one of the BCS conferences then you shouldn't even be eligible for the BCS. But this is hard to argue after what boise did last year. Hawaii has a shot to beat anyone with that offense , But Georgia's Defense is not Nevada,boise, or washington(the best teams they played all season) Georgia will bring pressure on colt brennan and force atleast 3 turnovers. Matthew Stafford will manage this game and get some big plays from Play Action, after they establish the run with Thomas Brown and Knowshon Moreno. Hawaii will have no answers on defense. Georgia will show they are the one of the best teams in the country right now

Travis
    Travis's Avatar Become A Pro!

No way Hawaii beats Georgia.

This is a mismatch. Georgia was playing some of the best ball in college to close the season. Granted, In the last five years Hawaii has played the SEC three times winning 2 of 3, they don't have a chance.

fredtheturd
    fredtheturd's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think if Hawaii can avoid stupid turnovers in the Sugar Bowl like 1st Quarter against Wash, I think the defense may not have a chance but the offense will outscore Georgia. I think it's gonna be a barn-burner OVER 75 pt total game. Very exciting...can't wait!

ps The strength of schedule argument is weak in my opinion. You can't penalize a team because the so-called "big" schools don't want to play them. They were given a schedule & they cleaned house with it. That's all you can ask of a team...to win! Michigan just decided they'd rather lose to App. St. versus Hawaii! LOL
    Last edited by fredtheturd; 12-03-07 at 10:32 AM.