onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Colt Brennan - Hawaii

I see he is listed as PROBABLE for Friday's game against Boise State on the Island.

Does anyone out there know the scoop on him? Unlike most the forum here, I am leaning toward Hawaii on Friday. Now with the line down to -3, I need to know if Brennan is playing or not.

4FUN.AND$$
    4FUN.AND$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

onlooker,

last I heard is he was going to take half the practice snaps this week. ESPN radio 1420 said he would play every snap as long as he wasn't showing signs of the concussion. I am with you on Hawaii but I have to know he is taking every snap or it is a no go for me. I am listening to 1420 each day this week and let you know what they say.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Post Nevada game June Jones said Brennan was absolutely starting.

Everything I have heard indicates that he was fine and ready to go in Nevada, but Jones got advice from pro coaches etc not to let him play so soon from the injury because if he got another concussion it would be much worse than if there was some distance between them. So it wouldn't have been fair to jeopardize Brennan's pro career, and Jones was confident in his defense and backup.

Jones and Brennan both know there is no way they win this game without Brennan in there. Colt is a competitor and also has a lot to gain from this game; a win over Boise State might turn a few non-believers. Jones will let Colt make the call and Brennan will start.

That's my 2 cents.

Hawaiian time
    Hawaiian time's Avatar Become A Pro!

brennan plays no doubt about it

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

the backup is not bad. It looks like Brennan benefits from that offense.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I've heard he is probably,and being this is the biggest game in Hawaii history, i would think he will play if at all posssible

regularguy
    regularguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you see Brennan on the sidelines at Nevada? They could barely keep him off the field. This week they won't, IMO.

(I've got to tell you, though, I think, whether or not Colt plays, BSU is still the best team in the WAC, and is going to rough up Hawaii pretty badly.)

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

we saw what happened with Henne and Hart this past weekend.....be careful!

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Seems to me Colt Brennan is playing on Friday night. I took Hawaii -3 today.

WARRIOR FOOTBALL
    Posted on: Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Brennan cleared for Boise St.

By Stephen Tsai
    HawaiiWarriorBeat.Com Editor

Declaring himself "100 percent" healthy, Hawai'i quarterback Colt Brennan has received full medical clearance to play in Friday's game against Boise State.

Brennan suffered a mild concussion against Fresno State Nov. 10. Despite being symptom-free — no nausea or headaches — it was decided early last week Brennan would have a limited role, if any, in Friday's game against Nevada.

"We tried to keep (the status) as secret as possible," said Brennan, who completed both of his passes in a two-play cameo appearance. Head coach June Jones said both plays were low risk.

"The truth is, I could have played (the entire game)," Brennan said. "I was 100 percent physically in what I could do. But I didn't know how my brain was going to react to good, solid shots. ... If anything happened, and I'd taken a good enough shot to the head, I would have had another concussion. And two concussions in six days would have meant I couldn't play for the rest of the year."

By resting most of the Nevada game, Brennan said, "I can be 100 percent this week."

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

I know the total is 75 but I think the over will cover in this matchup.
    Hawaii is more prolific at home on offense, and Boise will score on Hawaii's defense

hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

Boise to win.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

go with brennan but i think boise st takes it

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

I honestly have no clue... Boise St is 49-1 since joing the WAC and have won the division all 4 years. I would have to take Boise St but I think it is Brennans time to shine tonight and show them that he should be the heisman winner...