Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

LSU/Arkansas

I'm leaning pretty strong towards Arkansas here! LSU is only 1-5 ATS vs the SEC this year supporting my thoughts that LSU is slightly overrated this year! The Hogs are 8-4 ATS on the road in the last 3 years and are coming off a 45 point outing against a decent Mississippi State defense. Hog QB Casey Dick threw for 4 TDs to give them some much needed balance! Arkansas has also held their last 7 opponents to under 4.0 ypc on the ground. I'm not sure if the Les Miles to Michigan controversy factors in here but he must be a great recruiter because his game day decisions seem goofy at best? Runs up the middle on 4th and 3 at Kentucky in OT and passes up a 35 yd game winning FG vs Auburn to throw a TD pass that left 1 second on the clock? LSU 27 Arkansas 23

Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I just want to post a word of caution here. I was at the game in War Memorial Stadium in LR last week. Two of Casey Dick's touchdowns were jumpballs that really could have each been interceptions. 4 tds is good no matter what but do not be fooled by the box stats. He is a terrible quarterback and our receivers are equally terrible. Felix Jones will probably be out and DMAC is banged up a little. The Defense did allow 31 points to Misst as well last week.

Oh yeah, Houston Nutt is negotiating a contract with Baylor right now and the whole team knows about it. That will be a much bigger distraction that Les Miles situation. Now, one positive for the hogs is that this is the last game of our main offensive weapon's (DMAC, Felix, Monk, Hillis) career. However, with not much left to play for except a small bowl, you have to wonder if some of these fellas might not get a cold on gameday to not risk injury before the draft.

I wouldn't bet the hogs with your money in this game but I will sure as hell be rooting them on.

Go Hogs Go.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Thanks for the feedback....yeah I think I'll play it if Felix Jones plays but pass otherwise. I agree that following a team or being at a game can tell you alot more than just stats! I'm from Indy and I couldn't believe the line kept going up for the Chiefs game last week with all our injuries and the kickers troubles! Hell we barely won 13-10 but I couldn't pull the trigger on betting on the Chiefs!

4FUN.AND$$
    4FUN.AND$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I thought Singletary was going to Baylor. Good info Dirty D

Benny A
    Benny A's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow, if Nutt goes to Baylor, what a downward move! Nutt is a good recruiter and a better gameday coach. Look what he has done in the SEC. Too bad the administration and fans didn't give him a break. I'd get out too, but why Baylor?

Rollins08
    Rollins08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Arkansas can't stop anyone on D. Even in that SC game, SC was going right up and down the field.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

DirtyD you don't have any respect for Marcus Monk? I've always thought he was a pretty solid receiver who you could throw a jump ball to and have a reasonable chance to come down with it.

As for the game, I've gone both ways on it, and have absolutely no opinion whatsoever. I think the line is dead on here. GL...

theshark
    theshark's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBollocks View Post
    DirtyD you don't have any respect for Marcus Monk? I've always thought he was a pretty solid receiver who you could throw a jump ball to and have a reasonable chance to come down with it.

As for the game, I've gone both ways on it, and have absolutely no opinion whatsoever. I think the line is dead on here. GL...
    BL I THINK YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT...ARKANSAS TAKES MCFADDEN AND RUNS ALL OVER LSU FOR 200 YARDS...THIS IS A HIGH SCORING AFFAIR AND LSU COMES OUT ON TOP WITH A LAST SECOND FIELD GOAL 34-31....ARKIES COVER EASY HERE IM BETTING MY BIGGEST BET OF THE YEAR HERE 10 DIMES ON ARKANSAS +12.5....AFTER THE GAME MCFADDEN WINS THE HEISMAN TROPHY....YOU HEARD IT FROM THE SHARK FIRST HAND....

Benson17
    Benson17's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Arkansas in this one.