bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wyoming +3 VS. Colorado State

I am confused as to why Colorado State is favored here. Here are my reasons for backing WYO +3 at CSU this week:

1) Wyoming is the better team and can still salvage a .500 season. CSU is 2-9 and soon to be 2-10. Sad but true.
    2) CSU is still without a couple of their key play makers. (Sperry and Kubiak).
    3) NO HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. Wyoming travels well for this game (CSU is just 45 min. from Laramie) and seeing how it is thanksgiving break and all of the CSU students aren't in Fort Collins, the home field for CSU will not be a factor. Trust me they were giving the students tickets in pairs for free to try to get some people to attend the game.
    4) CSU won what was really a pretty close game against Georgia Southern who is a div.IAA school if I remember correctly.

I am not sure if the bookmakers know something i don't here and this is why I will only be playing this one for 1 unit as crazier things have happened and who knows, CSU may show up to play. As of right now I feel pretty comfortable backing WYO +3.
    Last edited by bmac; 11-20-07 at 12:18 PM.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Sorry Bmac, for what it is worth I strongly disagree with this side.

For one, Wyoming has really really struggled as of late. True, CSU is a miserable team and has struggled all year as opossed to Wyoming who has fallen only the past month or so but I think CSU has some confidence heading into this game after beating GSU.

GSU is actually an upper tier D1-AA school...if i am not mistaken they beat App State this year and have a very talented QB. So even though they beat GSU, I'll consider it a good win and on they can build off of.

Moreover, this is most likely Sonny Lubick's last game as the head man at CSU. He's been there a long time and has done a terrific job save these last 2 years. I really expect his team to be focused and put up a good effort for his last game. It sets up well for CSU. I had this game actually circled a few months ago when it was clear that CSU was not very good and that they wouldn't be bowling. I figured this would be their one big game. They've played well against COL and CAL and are certainly capable of playing with a fading Wyoming team. This remind me a bit of the people backing CAL...CAL had been playing horribly and people figured against a mediocre Washington team they should turn it around...not the case. Same thing here I believe.

Now, that being the case, I may be overusing this coach swan song departure angle.

So far coaches who are fired/retiring:

Michigan (Lloyd Carr): Loss SU & ATS
    Baylor (Guy Morris): Loss SU & ATS*
    SMU (Phil Bennet): Loss SU & ATS*
    Washington State (Bill Doba): Loss SU & ATS*

*Last home game

As you can see, the coach's last game seem to be working against them but historically, coach's who are retiring/fired tend to get good performences from their teams if memory serves me correct.

Slight lean to CSU.....but good luck.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

slight lean on colorado st.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Wyoming's really fallen apart after a nice start to the season, while CSU, despite what their record would indicate, has improved. This being Lubick's last game, coupled with the fact this game has no meaning for Wyoming, as they're unlikely to get a bowl bid even if they finish .500, and I think CSU sends their coach out with a W.

bmac

As sad as it is, this will probably be Lubick's last home game at Sonny Lubick field. He did a lot for the CSU program.
    I really do think that WYO will be up for this one guys. They travel well to this game and will have a strong fan base in the stands. There is a lot of pride at stake in this game. The boarder war is always a fun one to watch.

Like I mentioned earlier, this is a small 1 unit play for me because of all the factors that are coming into play. BOL friends

bmac

thanks rjt and BB for your input. It is good to get another perspective on the game.