mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Missouri @ Kansas (-2)

Ive seen them both play, one in person. Kansas is very very very solid. I know a bunch of #2's are losing.. Kansas wont be one of them. More extensive writeup later.

Take Kansas -2 -- 4 UNITS

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with your KU play Mv09.

If anyone is liking Missouri I seen KU -2.5 at TheGreek.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I like the over in this one than any side, it could easily hit 70 points in that game.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Game is being played at Arrowhead... not a home game for Kansas.

Mizzou ML.

tblues2005

It could easily be a 38-35 type of game next week, Missouri has a great offense and defense isn't so good and KU can score too. It should be shootout next Saturday night, very good game, cannot decide on a side in this one.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I am not touching this one. I would like to see Kansas win, but it could go either way.

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like MIZZ. Kansas is a decent team but this is their first big test.

tblues2005

Your right KidDyamite it is their first ranked them that KU has played. Missouri has already played two big games and has played well in them. It is the biggest unknown in this game how good is KU. There is one thing I know for sure it is going to be high scoring thats for sure!

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Wow what a matchup? I lived in Kansas City for a while so I can tell you first hand the rivalry there! This literally goes all the way back to the Civil War...Jesse James...etc! Kansas obviously runs the ball better and has the superior defense as far as yardage allowed but Missouri can hang 40 on anyone and has a knack for turnovers on defense! Reesing looked like he was limping during the Okie State game so I don't think he's the running threat that he was earlier this year? Too hard to pick a side w/confidence but the total has to be considered! I don't see a scenario where they fall under 65...both QBs have a ton of weapons and are playing at too high a level! Kansas 43 Missouri 38

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

for the last few weeks i been saying missouri is going to beat kansas, but now i dont know. . . kansas Defense is more impressive than Missouri's D . . . and i cant see how they will slow down kansas's attack, . . . i think this game is going to be something like, 41 - 38 . . . im going to lay off this game most likely . . . slightest lean on the tigers

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am surprised we haven't heard from shark in this thread yet

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    Wow what a matchup? I lived in Kansas City for a while so I can tell you first hand the rivalry there! This literally goes all the way back to the Civil War...Jesse James...etc! Kansas obviously runs the ball better and has the superior defense as far as yardage allowed but Missouri can hang 40 on anyone and has a knack for turnovers on defense! Reesing looked like he was limping during the Okie State game so I don't think he's the running threat that he was earlier this year? Too hard to pick a side w/confidence but the total has to be considered! I don't see a scenario where they fall under 65...both QBs have a ton of weapons and are playing at too high a level! Kansas 43 Missouri 38

Man, were you listening to Whitlock on Rome today????

MIZZOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Benson17
    Benson17's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kansas wins this one despite playing in the state of Missouri.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

this could not be better with the jayhawks undefeated. mizzou catching 2 makes me feel warm inside. tigers = cash.

theshark
    theshark's Avatar Become A Pro!

the shark will give his opinion after he studies the facts on all the games...i told you the shark looks at 35 games and only 3 make the 5 dime bets...youwill here from the shark dont worry about that....i think thats why most of you lose alot because you dont check out what happen in the previous game ,injuries,and weather conditions ect....theshark

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    I am not touching this one. I would like to see Kansas win, but it could go either way.
    Looker is 100% correct.

Should be a shoot out. Either team could win. Great game to watch. Not a great game to bet.

Lock-ness monsta
    Lock-ness monsta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by theshark View Post
    the shark will give his opinion after he studies the facts on all the games...i told you the shark looks at 35 games and only 3 make the 5 dime bets...youwill here from the shark dont worry about that....i think thats why most of you lose alot because you dont check out what happen in the previous game ,injuries,and weather conditions ect....theshark
    I think the Shark's mom didn't love him enough.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

missouri

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love Missouri. I think they are the best team in the nation. I was hoping Kansas would be favored by a bit more.... but I'm on Missouri none-the-less

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Teasem, what did Fatlock say on Rome today? I missed that. Jason typically sides with KU so if he went with MU he must feel pretty strong about it. I personally like MU in this although KU has burned me several times on both side over the past year(s) so I will probably not play heavy. I think what gives MU the edge is the differences in schedules. KU has played NO ONE. While some of this is not their fault (i.e. Big 12 schedule and weak Big 12 North teams that have been traditionally strong), the non-con schedule was horrible. 2 games that looked hard for them (NU and TEXAM) both had lame duck coaches. They could have also very easily lost to KSU at home (down with 4 mintues to go). I think their most impressive win was OSU at OSU, although a medicore KSU team almost beat OSU at home so I don't think OSU is all that great. MU on the other hand beat a good Illinois team at a neutral site and played OU tough on the road when OU was rolling. MU also dominated KSU at home last week and destroyed a CU team in CO where KU struggled. Again, KU struggled at KSU. I just think MU's offense is very dangerous and while their D is not as good as KU's, I don't think the gap on D is as great as the gap on O. The X factor could be Mangino. If KU has 1 huge advantage in this game it is coaching. Pinkel is blessed with the talent on this team. Mangino is an excellent strategy coach and should be coach of the year. His staff was the X factor at KSU earlier this year and its the 1 thing that does not cause me to go big on MU here. I still think MU wins straight up. I would take the odds here. +120. Anything under 70 would be safe as well for the over. The play could be a parlay on MU M\L and over. If MU wins, there are going to have to be points scored. Not necessarily the case for KU.

mark wahlberg
    mark wahlberg's Avatar Become A Pro!

kansas wins by double digits

MU520
    MU520's Avatar Become A Pro!

Common Opponents

Missouri 55 COLORADO 10 - Blowout
    Kansas 19 COLORADO 14 - Close Game
    HUGE EDGE TO MISSOURI

Missouri 49 KANSAS STATE 32 - Blowout
    Kansas 30 KANSAS STATE 24 - Close Game
    HUGE EDGE TO MISSOURI

MISSOURI 40 Texas A&M 26 - Big Win
    Kansas 19 TEXAS A&M 11 - Close Game (although KU was on the road)
    SLIGHT EDGE TO MISSOURI

MISSOURI 42 Iowa State 28 - Big Win
    KANSAS 45 Iowa State 7 - Blowout
    SLIGHT EDGE TO KANSAS

MISSOURI 41 Nebraska 6 - Blowout
    KANSAS 76 Nebraska 39 - Blowout
    PUSH (although that is a lot of points to give up to Nebraska at home)

Missouri has also beaten a (now) ranked Illinois team at a neutral site, gone on the road and defeated an SEC team (albeit Ole Miss), beat a ranked Texas Tech team and had the lead on Oklahoma in Norman in the 4th Quarter. Kansas has yet to play a ranked team. Colorado and K State's coach have both been quoted as saying Missouri was by far the best team they saw this year.

Missouri wins this game by at least a TD, but probably by more.
    Last edited by MU520; 11-21-07 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Clarifying Confusing text about home/away designation

xxProviderxx
    xxProviderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

The play makers Mizz has on offense will be the difference in this game. KU does not have an answere for Mizz TE's WR's or Dainel. Kansas's defense has also not faced an offense like Mizz all season not even close. Kansas's defence is about as un proven as it gets, there biggest win was at OKST a game in which OKST was -4 in TO's. Kansas will have to have several brakes to pull this game out. Mizz is a seal getting points in this game.

I feel the score will be much lower that people are saying. The nerves are already starting to mount, I wouldent be surprised to see a scoreless game until late in the 1st q. Half time adjustments will be critical for MIZZ. Kansas will be forced to attempt to take Rucker and Koffman out of the game, or double the wide outs. Which ever they choose it will only be a matter of time until they get burned in the other direction. Mizz roles in the 2nd half. With that said they still have to worrie about Dainel picking up 3rd and 3, which he can and will pick up on his own. Look for Mizz to play a lot of zone, with some zone blitzing thrown in, forcing Reesing to make proper reeds in the biggest game of his short career, odds are, hes gonna fold.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I wasn't going to bet this one, but since everybody likes Missouri I think I'll take Kansas.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by xxProviderxx View Post
    The play makers Mizz has on offense will be the difference in this game. KU does not have an answere for Mizz TE's WR's or Dainel. Kansas's defense has also not faced an offense like Mizz all season not even close. Kansas's defence is about as un proven as it gets, there biggest win was at OKST a game in which OKST was -4 in TO's. Kansas will have to have several brakes to pull this game out. Mizz is a seal getting points in this game.

I feel the score will be much lower that people are saying. The nerves are already starting to mount, I wouldent be surprised to see a scoreless game until late in the 1st q. Half time adjustments will be critical for MIZZ. Kansas will be forced to attempt to take Rucker and Koffman out of the game, or double the wide outs. Which ever they choose it will only be a matter of time until they get burned in the other direction. Mizz roles in the 2nd half. With that said they still have to worrie about Dainel picking up 3rd and 3, which he can and will pick up on his own. Look for Mizz to play a lot of zone, with some zone blitzing thrown in, forcing Reesing to make proper reeds in the biggest game of his short career, odds are, hes gonna fold.
    I agree with most of what you are saying here. I think if you're betting this game you have to go with whoever is getting points. In this case it's Missouri. Kansas is solid. They have great coaching, but the edge personnel-wise has to go to Missouri. It should be a great game, that I expect to be won in the 4th quarter. The fact that it's at a neutral site makes it even harder to cap, but my money is on the Tigers. Missouri 34, Kansas 31

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by MU520 View Post
    MISSOURI 40 Texas A&M 26 - Big Win
    Kansas 19 TEXAS A&M 11 - Close Game (although KU was on the road)
    Kansas played us, and looked, much tougher than Missouri did vs A&M. The final score is not an indicative of how the game really went.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Sorry but the Kansas/TXAM game was not close at all...it was 19-0 in the 4th quarter. Score was very misleading...

xxProviderxx
    xxProviderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some previous posts are looking at past match up's trying to relate stats to how this game will turn out. Not a good idea.

You need to look at in game match ups, KU will have to play a very clean game on O to keep in this one, or Mizz will have to have TO problems, which wont be caused by KU's un-proven D, they will be mental mistakes if all. If Mizz strikes first look for the pressure to get to Reesing and the snow ball to role.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

i gotta go with kansas

t2wentyfou4r
    t2wentyfou4r's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any weather reports for the game. I heard it was windy, and a chance of rain.

t2wentyfou4r
    t2wentyfou4r's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any weather reports for the game. I heard it was very windy, and a chance of rain.

Big Flo
    Big Flo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am so staying away from this game! After what happened tonight to LSU. Both these teams are so hungry now for that number one spot their gonna be playing like wild crazed lunatics. Theres cons and pros for both sides. But to tell you the truth it can go either way. The line last time I checked was KU-1 1/2. Thats almost meaningless in a game like this. Check the latest lines on some of the games tommorrow theres been some noticable changes.

W. Virg. now at 18 1/2
    Auburn started at 6 now at 4 1/2
    Oklahoma now at 13 1/2
    TCU started at 10 1/2 now at 13

Theres a few other slight changes in some games but there something to look at. KU/MIZZ mind as well flip a coin.

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think mizzou takes this one.....C daniels will have his boys going.....they have the talent and should be extrem mottivated to take this one.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

I think I'm 9-0 ATS on these 2 combined for the season so I love both of them plus I used to live in KC so I can't imagine the buildup. These obviously aren't 2 programs used to playing games of this importance! I'm rooting for KU but I think Missouri takes it...Reesing was limping pretty bad in the Okie State game and I don't think he's the running threat he was earlier in the season! Like everyone has said...the schedule difference may show up as well....KU hasn't played anyone close to the firepower of Missouri! If KU can pound on the ground for over 200 then they have a good shot! Going with Missouri 40 Kansas 36

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    I agree with your KU play Mv09.

If anyone is liking Missouri I seen KU -2.5 at TheGreek.
    dan, i thought you always take the dog.

i got ku also

12 Last