imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

let's look ahead to a game in week 13. USC @ ASU. Long Writeup, Please Chime In......

If the line is fair, I'm planning on making a larger than usual wager on the Trojans in this game. I'm not being a homer, I've wagered against USC many times before. For example I had Oregon when they played SC.

But let's get back to this game..

This Trojans team is getting healthy, offensive line is back to being pne of the best in the nation, three solid RBs Washington has been playing very good lately rushing for over 220yds last week vs Cal, Stafon Johnson is avg over 6.1ypc this season and is hard to tackle. Joe McKnight has dangerous speed and is a star in the making.

Offensive Line is simply awesome and really the best part of the offense. Booty has time to pass and the RBs are getting open holes to run through.

Hazelton and Turner are pretty good Tall WRs who are improving, Fred Davis is an athletic extremely good senior TE IMO he is one of the top 3-4 TE's in the nation.

ASU is mistake prone,they tend start games off bad, they can't afford to do that vs the Trojans. I've watched both of these teams many times I've basically have seen every game these teams played...... I feel USC is the better team.

ASU has not seen a defense like the Trojans. Let's look at their schedule.

Next to the Opponent is where they rank defensively.

Schedule

Date Opponent Time/Result
    Sep 1 San Jose St. #76 Won 45-3
    Sep 8 Colorado #51 Won 33-14
    Sep 15 San Diego St. #105 Won 34-13
    Sep 22 Oregon St. #10 (so overrated) Won 44-32
    Sep 29 @Stanford #107 Won 41-3
    Oct 6 @Washington St. #81 Won 23-20
    Oct 13 Washington #95 Won 44-20
    Oct 27 California #55 Won 31-20
    Nov 3 @Oregon #74 Lost 23-35
    Nov 10 @UCLA #46 Won 24-20
    Nov 22 Southern Cal .#3 8:00pm
    Dec 1 Arizona 8:00pm

Let's look at their schedule one more time, but let's put their team ranking nxt to the name...

Schedule

Date Opponent Time/Result
    Sep 1 San Jose St. #79th best team Won 45-3
    Sep 8 Colorado #68 Won 33-14
    Sep 15 San Diego St. #86 Won 34-13
    Sep 22 Oregon St. #33 Won 44-32
    Sep 29 @Stanford #84 Won 41-3
    Oct 6 @Washington St. #80 Won 23-20
    Oct 13 Washington #83 Won 44-20
    Oct 27 California #36 Won 31-20
    Nov 3 @Oregon #2 Lost 23-35
    Nov 10 @UCLA #74 Won 24-20
    Nov 22 Southern Cal. 8:00pm
    Dec 1 Arizona 8:00pm

Other than Oregon which who they lost to comfortably they haven't played a Top #33 team all season. Look at the two top 30 teams: OSU and Cal both teams have a lot of issues and coached horribly and these were home games too. USC has a great coach and the issues have gone away. CUPCAKE SCHEDULE

As most will agree USC could beat anyone in the nation. ASU will have their troubles here, Shaky Carpenter especially. Look at what the USC defense has done in their last five games..

Oct 13 Arizona Won 20-13
    Oct 20 @Notre Dame Won 38-0
    Oct 27 @Oregon Lost 17-24
    Nov 3 Oregon St. Won 24-3
    Nov 10 @California Won 24-17

Arizona has the 9th best pass offense in football
    Oregon has a sick offense
    Oregon St couldn't score
    Cal's talented offense could only muster 17pts @ Home

USC's defense is sickly good right now

DEF RUSH
    USC ranked 9th in the nation

DEF PASS
    USC ranked 7th in the nation

Now some people might argue that ASU has the better offense, If they do it's by a small margin.

OFF RUSH
    USC #32
    ASU #48

DEF RUSH
    USC #60
    ASU #34

I truly believe USC's offense is underrated, the offense tends to play at the opponents level, they can score...

I'd really like some early thoughts on here, thought this might be a good idea considering a lot of folks on here are looking forward to betting and watching it.

I've followed USC,Oregon and ASU closer than any other team this season. GL and thanks in advance for your thoughts.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed wholeheartedly here. And I'm no homer either; I had Notre Dame + the points in that game!

An insane 1 in a million fluke (Stanford), and losing a great game on the last drive with a rookie quarterback and an injured team on the road to arguably the best team in the nation, and suddenly the Trojans are well out of the top 10 and no longer a team to be reckoned with? Please. You'd think all of their years on top would buy them a little more respect then this.

I love ASU for the record and think they will be a great team over the next few years, but USC is definitely the play here.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    I love ASU for the record and think they will be a great team over the next few years, but USC is definitely the play here.
    Agree 100%

The ASU program is going in the right direction, best Defense they've had in awhile and they have a good all around team. This isn't the season for them to beat the Oregon's and USCs maybe next season.

GL sir and thanks for your response.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

No offense, but USC just isn't a very good team and ASU is more than capable of beating them. You criticize ASU's schedule (rightfully so... they haven't played a difficult sched.), but the same can be said about the Trojans. Who has SC beaten? The Trojans don't have a single win over a team currently in the top 25 and they've beaten 2 teams with winning records - OSU, which was playing without its 2 best players (Bernard, Stroughter) and Cal, a team that's completely disintegrated the last month.

And I don't agree that SC could beat any team in the country. They could play LSU ten times and they'd be lucky to win one of those games. Oklahoma is also significantly better than SC.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    No offense, but USC just isn't a very good team and ASU is more than capable of beating them. You criticize ASU's schedule (rightfully so... they haven't played a difficult sched.), but the same can be said about the Trojans. Who has SC beaten? The Trojans don't have a single win over a team currently in the top 25 and they've beaten 2 teams with winning records - OSU, which was playing without its 2 best players (Bernard, Stroughter) and Cal, a team that's completely disintegrated the last month.

And I don't agree that SC could beat any team in the country. They could play LSU ten times and they'd be lucky to win one of those games. Oklahoma is also significantly better than SC.

I strongly disagree with you saying LSU would win 9 out of 10, NO WAY. Maybe the injured young USC team a few weeks ago but not the way the team is now. LSU and USC both seem to play to their competition, I'd take USC's defense over LSU's in a heartbeat. Better coach, similar team speed. NO FVCKIN Way LSU wins 9 out of 10.

I actually hope theres a lot of people who like you, believe USC isn't a very good team for line purposes. This is a young team who is starting to jel at the right time and getting healthy.

Pete Carroll knows what he is doing he is 22-0 in November he has USC peaking at the right time..

GL whatever you decide..

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm torn on this one. I can come up with reasons on why I think ASU could win and vice versa. I do give the edge to USC. I think the line will be around -1.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Trojans come out at -3 or less, they will probably be a play of mine. Agree with you on your write up imgv.

imgv94

I'd like to add that Pete Carroll is 22-0 in the month of November.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

ASU all the way